anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

Anyone on here a TAX lawyer??

if so i am in much need of help. please pm me or let me know if you are..

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    if so i am in much need of help. please pm me or let me know if you are..
    On top of being a genius, my father is also a Lawyer, CPA, and Financial Advisor. Whats the problem?

Im going to the gym, Ill be back in a bit.......He stays up late so Ill try and get you some help tonight.

the easiest way to explain it is that i got screwed on a situation in 2004. i came across a way to make quick money. i made something like 25k in 4 months. but that came to a quick end. i got sent a 1099 form which basically means i have to pay taxes on it. i ended up owing a little more then 11k to the government. this was unexpected as the parter i was in with had told me that he was going to take care of setting aside the money for taxes.. well he didnt and i didnt save much of that money. now i tried to do an offer in compromise and get that 11k that i owe atleast in half. they are declining me because they say i can afford 135/mo for 10 years!!! lol thats nuts.. but honestly i cant afford that.. the amount on bills i put down that i pay as far as food, clothing, gas etc was a good amount less then what i really pay as i never keep reciepts and didnt want to get into trouble for not being able to prove that amount.. its a tough situation.. basically im saying that i dont have as much extra per month as they think and i cant really prove it at this point because of no reciepts...ahhhh its sooo aggrevating!!!

also on top of that i couldnt put down any amount for medical insurance as i didnt have it but will have it come november 1st. that right there is an easy $150. i also moved recently this year in the middle of it and bills are slightly higher. i couldnt wait to file it with the changes as there was deadlines..

just looking for advice on what steps would help me out the best.

bump..

I just got home and pops is asleep.....but Ill ask him tomorrow morning. Sounds like a $hitty situation tho.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    also on top of that i couldnt put down any amount for medical insurance as i didnt have it but will have it come november 1st. that right there is an easy $150. i also moved recently this year in the middle of it and bills are slightly higher. i couldnt wait to file it with the changes as there was deadlines..

just looking for advice on what steps would help me out the best.

He said to talk to whoever you made your offer in compromise with and present them with your new situation. There isnt much more you can do except to show them that you truly cant afford it.

Thread Information