just picked up an IPOD, well worth it

I went out and bought the $100 Ipod shuffle, definitely badass. For 100 bucks you cant beat it, it'll hold like 120 songs on the one i got, and I bought the wireless FM transmitter so I can use it in the car too. It's so lightweight you'd hardly know it was on ya at the gym and i like the shuffle mode where you never know what song it will play next. My advice to anybody who cant stand their gym music is to get one, cause you can use it in your car too if you want.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    It's funny you say that because i'm getting the same one for $100 at Best Buy. I was going to wait until I get paid at the end of the week, but now I think you pushed me to do it after work. :_

yep, its kickass and if your getting one do it now because every kid and his brother wants one for xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    yep, its kickass and if your getting one do it now because every kid and his brother wants one for xmas.
    Good point. How much was the wireless FM transmitter? Can you get that at Best Buy too?

yeah bro, I think it ran me like 50 or 60 bucks for the transmitter. It's easy, you just plug it into a cigarette lighter, no installation needed! You have to just have your radio on a certain channel for it to work. Plus, you can also store files on the ipod like a floppy disc. Even the $100 one, I like the $100 one better because its smaller and more lightweight.

So in a way it's better then using your CD player in the car because you always have 120 songs available to you without ever having to change cd's. Sounds pretty sweet. I really like the size of it too. When lifting do you have any problems with the weight crushing such as dumbells?

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    So in a way it's better then using your CD player in the car because you always have 120 songs available to you without ever having to change cd's. Sounds pretty sweet. I really like the size of it too. When lifting do you have any problems with the weight crushing such as dumbells?
    Nope, thats the biggest reason I got it, I crush and **** up all my other ones. I pikced up an armband for this one, but the armband also comes w/ a belt clip for it. I had a Sony Rio before and the armband on that one sucked, thing always dropped outta it onto the floor, but this armband actually encases the device, you could hang upside woen and it would never fall out. My arms are about 18 1/4 cold, the band fits around my lower bi, its a little snug but when i outgrow it i guess i'll just go w/ the beltclip. I think the armband ran me like 23 bucks, get the black one, they also got a white obne thats a diff brand but its not as good and doesnt have the belt clip. Between eveything(ipod, fm trans. armband) I droppd around 200 bucks, but well worth it bro.

also dude, my brother has the same ipod I got and he skateboards, he told me he's fallen on the thing about 20 times and it hasnt broken.

timvds is offline Member
    Do you have to download the music from a specific pay site for the ipod?

Cool. Thanks for the info. It looks like a go!

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    Yea good question. I was going to ask that. Can you use mp3's from your hardrive?

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    Nah dude, thats what i used to think so I held off on it. I use Limewire, what you have to do is take the songs from your file sharing program and save them to my documents, after you save them to my documents they are already formatted to Itunes and you can straight download them to the ipod, its easy once you get used to it. Just make sure you have at least a 2.0 usb port, almost all computers from 2000 and up have them.

timvds is offline Member
    Nah dude, thats what i used to think so I held off on it. I use Limewire, what you have to do is take the songs from your file sharing program and save them to my documents, after you save them to my documents they are already formatted to Itunes and you can straight download them to the ipod, its easy once you get used to it. Just make sure you have at least a 2.0 usb port, almost all computers from 2000 and up have them.
    Thats whats been keeping me from buying it too. Thanks for the info.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    bought my son a ipod nano at weekend,,,its great he loves it stores i think 500 songs,,now my girlfriend wants one as well,,,,never ends !!!

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Good point. How much was the wireless FM transmitter? Can you get that at Best Buy too?
    get the cassette tape adapter works great...17 dolllars

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    get the cassette tape adapter works great...17 dolllars
    Not sure if that works w/ the new ones or not, and most new cars arent coming w/ casettes anymore thats the only negative w/ that

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    My work outs have gotten so much better since Ipod, love it!!!

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    NOOOOO NOOOOO. Apple is once again dominating the market with an inferior product. HOW does this happen?

Guys, if you are going to buy an Ipod, DON'T. I mean they are decent, but there is far better out there. Get a Sony or an HP Iriver, they are cheaper, you don't have to convert EVERY song to .m4a, thereby taking up 2x the space on your HD and taking you hours. Plus HP makes little Shuffle sized sticks but you can select the damn song OR have it on shuffle. Which is better? I've got an Iriver H10, I LOVE it. Holds like 1000 songs and fits easily in your pocket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/iRiver-1GB-IFP79...QQcmdZViewItem

Get this if you want a little one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cowon-System-iAU...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by scm007; 10-12-2005 at 02:35 PM.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Does the shuffle play music on a shuffle only? Meaning do the song only play randomly?

Or can you play the songs in order like regular players. I always though the shuffle only played music randomly that is why it was so cheap.

My friend has the Nano and its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Does the shuffle play music on a shuffle only? Meaning do the song only play randomly?

Or can you play the songs in order like regular players. I always though the shuffle only played music randomly that is why it was so cheap.

My friend has the Nano and its awesome.
    You can do either, there are 2 diff modes on it, reg and shuffle mode

Yes but in regular mode you have cycle through every song first. Trust me, don't get an Apple. I mean if you already have one, that's fine, they are decent. But there are better items.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    also dude, my brother has the same ipod I got and he skateboards, he told me he's fallen on the thing about 20 times and it hasnt broken.
    i was power cleaning, and i let the weight go and it happened to land on my shuffle...250 lb. in freefall and not a scratch...and also the cassette adapter does work w/ the shuffle

Definitely, the shuffles are built solid, but they have no moving parts.

Thread Information