Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    icedudez is offline Member

felt like a total dick...

i had to go workout in a different gym today but when i got there i found myself feeling like a dick as i was by far the smallest guy in the gym. Im 6 "ft, 205ish lbs 10% b/f maybe lower, and i just felt like i shouldnt be there like i didnt belong. I couldnt even workout, i had to go home. There was 1 guy that was looking at me as if i had no right to be in a gym, like i was stick thin. It really made me feel as if i wanted to stop right there and pack in bodybuilding, i dont know why, silly i guess :S.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Dude no flame intended but this is some wack ass shit.

How could you ever let someones stare make u go home?

i just felt like an idiot bein there i duno... the guy was a smug looking **** and he was huge ! i wanted 2 smash him, it appeared he was laughing at me for no reason other than he was bigger than me !?

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    i actually can understand that. i can understand buff's post as well.

ive felt that way on more then one occassion and my solution was to go to a less "body building gym" - ie golds. NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH GOLDS OR ITS MEMBERS!!! but at the time i wanted to 'fit in' more and feel comfortable and it worked best for me.

having said that - i think one just needs to say F IT and go where ever they please and enjoy it. f them if they are staring at you. use it as motivation. dont pay attention to others at the gym - do your own shit and get out.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Are you on clomid right now?

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    screw that dude that was laughing at you man. next time he does that ask him if everything is ok. or wait until he is in between sets and go wipe your dick on whatever he is working out on. i hate assholes!!!

dont let guys like this intimidate you or make you feel uneasy. We all started off smaller before, and by the sounds of it you really arent that small at 205 and 10% so I dont know what he had to laugh about. From my past experiences, guys like this come across as dicks at first, but after they see your efforts and that you want to be bigger and are in this game just like them, they come around. And ususally guys like them become so into themselves and close minded that they eventually get to a point where they cant progress anymore because they refuse to listen.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    dont let guys like this intimidate you or make you feel uneasy. We all started off smaller before, and by the sounds of it you really arent that small at 205 and 10% so I dont know what he had to laugh about. From my past experiences, guys like this come across as dicks at first, but after they see your efforts and that you want to be bigger and are in this game just like them, they come around. And ususally guys like them become so into themselves and close minded that they eventually get to a point where they cant progress anymore because they refuse to listen.

I agree,

We all have to start somewhere.

If it's a good gym they should be offering you any help they can, you're getting big and looking good is their best advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigJJ
    Excellent point, clomid will do that to you all right. It will make you feel funny, like 130lb man could beat your ass or something. Gets me depressed and constantly analyzing myself. I'm on the shit right now and cant stand it!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have a quick solution to this problem..

a gram of test and 100mg of tren a day along with some abombs..

kidding that was a bad idea

nope not on clomid just now...yeh i know im not small but these guys were huge, its not my usual gym, im normally 1 of the biggest at my gym, lol

my normal gym is a fitness gym.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    if that dude was laughing at u then **** him, actin like he was born huge. use it as motovation to get to ur goals.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by bigJJ
    lmao, thats exactly what I was going to ask.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I have a quick solution to this problem..

a gram of test and 100mg of tren a day along with some abombs..

kidding that was a bad idea

Thats my next cycle.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Yo man by no means did I mean to offend you with my post above. I just wanted u to realize how stupid u feeling like this is.

Take this guys smirk, laugh , little girl fuking giggle, or whatever and let that shit motivate you even more to reach your goals.

Guys like this have no life and like to think they are better than some people to make them feel good about themselves.

Next time he has that cheesy ass grin on his face while looking at you, take a walk by him and say "sorry but im taken"....then wink at him and walk away. Make sure you have some sort of lightweight dumbell in your hands just in case he tries to get tough.

If he does, smash that shit over his fat head. I bet he wont smirk at you anymore.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Take this guys smirk, laugh , little girl fuking giggle, or whatever and let that shit motivate you even more to reach your goals.

Guys like this have no life and like to think they are better than some people to make them feel good about themselves.
    Exactly!

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the jungle. Nothing like working out with a bunch of apes. That should motivate you.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Didn't belong??? This is an individual lifestyle, who cares what someone thinks... I always have guys coming up to me and asking how much I bench. I tell them who the **** cares? I am not in a Power lifting met.

Maybe you just came in all, chest puffed out billy bad ass(as you are use to that), then when you saw them looking you got all self conscious??? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Didn't belong??? This is an individual lifestyle, who cares what someone thinks... I always have guys coming up to me and asking how much I bench. I tell them who the **** cares? I am not in a Power lifting met.

Maybe you just came in all, chest puffed out billy bad ass(as you are use to that), then when you saw them looking you got all self conscious??? Maybe?
    im not really a big poser in the gym so i doubt its that...but i did feel self conscious , i felt like i did when i just started working out ( when i was around 150lbs ) and i didnt like that feeling!

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    i'm probably the smallest guy at my gym but i give two s**** and say f'em. they were small at one time to. keep lifting bro!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Is it ok if I laught a tiny kids that do bicep curls every other day???

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Ah, the famous stupid question. This is what I normally say:

Q. How much you Bench?
    A. Obviously more then you.

that's is. that's all I say. If they persist, I say a lot..Done Deal..

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I always have guys coming up to me and asking how much I bench. I tell them who the **** cares? I am not in a Power lifting met.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I deffinately hear you, at my last gym i was probably 2nd in line being the best muscular shape and now my new gym i am a farking nobody and for the first time felt wierd, but like said above, to hell with everyone else, you are there to do your thing not theirs.

Get it done and go home is my view on it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why even bother to waste 2 seconds about what people think?

I most certainly don't, who gives a shit?

~SC~

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    you shoulda blew him a kiss....

or just held your mouth open in a bj OHHH.

that usually keeps those fukin closet homosechtionals away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    you shoulda blew him a kiss....

or just held your mouth open in a bj OHHH.

that usually keeps those fukin closet homosechtionals away.
    lol.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    at 5'9 or so, 180, i can see where your commin from. i get those looks all the time. personally i just concentrate on doing my work and take pride in the fact that my body has treated me very well over the years and probably earned me a better living than most of those giants bodies ever will.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    You need a hug? Seriously...do you have a cock?? Freakin own your MAN hood and fvck what everyone else thinks. For all you know he could be thinking 'wow, he's in shape' or some shit. It's like your going to see that guy EVERY day of your life, and if you do...well deal with it. There ARE worse things.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    it happens to us all no matter how big we are. we see a guy 20 lbs smaller and in our head we say, damn, that dude is way bigger than me, when in reality, he's not close.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    it happens to us all no matter how big we are. we see a guy 20 lbs smaller and in our head we say, damn, that dude is way bigger than me, when in reality, he's not close.
    I understand. But the key here is not to let it get to you, and to be PROACTIVE about it.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    i had to go workout in a different gym today but when i got there i found myself feeling like a dick as i was by far the smallest guy in the gym. Im 6 "ft, 205ish lbs 10% b/f maybe lower, and i just felt like i shouldnt be there like i didnt belong. I couldnt even workout, i had to go home. There was 1 guy that was looking at me as if i had no right to be in a gym, like i was stick thin. It really made me feel as if i wanted to stop right there and pack in bodybuilding, i dont know why, silly i guess :S.
    wow.. you have some serious issues with self esteem and self image problems..

Go look in the mirror, and if you don't think you look good.. no one else will..

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    icedudez.......

I understand where you're coming from brotha.

As easy as it is to say 'who cares what others think', it's a different thing to be there and be one of the smallest guys on the floor. I've been there, and it feels like shit. But even though it feels like everyone is sizing you up, staring you down, etc....
    that's probably not the case; and if it is, **** em.

Use that anger and channel those emotions into your workout next time

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Thats my next cycle.
    similar to mine also plus eq and winny.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol, getting all butthurt from someone giving you a dirty look? Are you taking estrogen? You gettin hot flashes sweetheart? Fill your empty sack with some balls! :P
    That guy was once a twig like you! So go back to the gym, and work out! And if you see him again.... let him stare because he's only ruining his own workout by concentrating on you. Of course he could be a little queer for ya... hehehe...that's why he's staring. Want me to beat that big bad man up?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    That whole scene is the worst!
    I vacation the same place every year and usually get a two week pass to a blood and guts place while I'm there.
    Man, the first time I walked in (wearing my cool baggy pants with the neon print) I was looked at like "who the hell is this Tard!?"

The guys were speaking German, there was this weird disco crap playing over the stereo system and a couple of the girls (obviously competitors) were bigger than me!

After about 10 minutes I decided that I was there to get a workout in, not to be popular, not to be liked, and not to be afraid of doing something for me.

I've gone back three years in a row - now they just ask if my pants come with a volume control!

Anyway, the point is; They'll come around if they see that you're serious and committed.
    Stick with it.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Yea I know how you feel man. Going to the gym and feeling small is not a good feeling. Alot of this feeling has to do with a disease called "Dysmorphia". I admit that I have it and it makes you feel pretty shitty on certain days. Some days you go to the gym and feel fukin monstrous, but others you feel like you're small and puny. Alot of people will wear big shirts to cover it up. I myself like to wear tank tops. It's a strange disease and it effects alot of people especially bodybuilders. When i'm not on juice, I really feel small.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    But I keep lifting with my mp3 player and count down the days until my next cycle.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel the same way sometimes when the genetically gifted guys come rolling in, but I know from watching them over the past year they haven't gained shit where as I put on weigh tlittle by little and they still do the same weight as they were doing a year ago. I'm making gains they aren't. Do what you love to do screw everyone else stay focused on your goals.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I feel the same way sometimes when the genetically gifted guys come rolling in...
    He's talkin about me there.

Uh, just so you know. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information