scm007 is offline Associate Member

Any guitar players?

Just wondering what everybody is playin? I'm also looking for a Roland Cube 30 or a Peavey 5150 or a JCM800 if you know anyone?

My main Axe is a Ibanez S370 custom luthiered, great action and intonation, just painted jet black with some sweet spray designs. It's got an Dimarzio Evo2 in the bridge, a Texas Mex Strat single coil in the mid, and a EMG HZ in the neck. I play it through a Tube Screamer or a Tube Zone, (usually the Zone), and then sometimes into my Metal Zone distortion pedal. From there it is plugged into a Mesa Boogie 50/50. That shit ****in SCREAMS. Sometimes I use a Wah with it. I really want a Peavey 5150 to take my rig to the next level though. Thanks.

What do you guys play?

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Us muscleheads can't play the guitar, our hands are just too damn big.

jp I have a Washburn acoustic now. I use to have electric, but old friend has it now and I took his acoustic. I know very bad trade I'm fixing to get a Ibanez pretty soon.

Funny thing is i've had a guitar for almost 10 years now and I still pretty much suck. I mean I can play some stuff, but no where near where I should be. I guess some people just have it and some don't. But I also don't practice a whole lot either. Best solo I can play is "Stairway to heaven".

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Got my self a Washburn as well.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been playing since I was 12, or so. I had a B.C Rich Warlock, undoubtedly one of the most uncomfortable axes, but it looked bad ass.
    Also, I learn tunes by ear (even though i don't play much anymore).
    All I have now is a cheapy metal string acoustic, which is mainly used for drunken hunting trips.

LOL. I love to play Pantera. I recently learned the whole Cemetary Gates solo.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scm007
    That's a hefty solo there. It would take me a number of hours to pick up that kind of riff.

IronAdonis is offline Associate Member
    I have a washburn electric, epiphone electric, a shitty squier, and my ex bought me one of those acoustic guitars off of tv, an esteban. It sounds really good though.

Cemetary gates I believe is one of the greatest heavy metal song's ever made.

bigJJ is offline Member
    I have a rotating collection, but over the years have come to love GMW, Empire and Bakers (the originals, not Ed's japanese models).

In fact, tomorrow morning I'm picking up a customized '81 Les Paul that GMW has been working on for a few months now. New top, frets, finish, EMG Zakk Wyldes and an EMG Afterburner (30dB boost). Sweeeet.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i play the banjo...does that count? its a morelli bluegrass BL909

bigJJ is offline Member
    Actually, scm, I'm a guitar parts and acessories retailer online. I rarely carry amps, but hit me up with a PM if you want more info.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Just wondering what everybody is playin? I'm also looking for a Roland Cube 30 or a Peavey 5150 or a JCM800 if you know anyone?

My main Axe is a Ibanez S370 custom luthiered, great action and intonation, just painted jet black with some sweet spray designs. It's got an Dimarzio Evo2 in the bridge, a Texas Mex Strat single coil in the mid, and a EMG HZ in the neck. I play it through a Tube Screamer or a Tube Zone, (usually the Zone), and then sometimes into my Metal Zone distortion pedal. From there it is plugged into a Mesa Boogie 50/50. That shit ****in SCREAMS. Sometimes I use a Wah with it. I really want a Peavey 5150 to take my rig to the next level though. Thanks.

What do you guys play?

You really know your shit! I just play around a little. Wish I were better though. Been playing for 4 years now. My 2 fav. songs on my Kingston acoustic are "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica and "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryqe.

I was tearin it up during my last cycle. That extra aggression helps you jam.

I play a 50's Fender Strat Re-issue, American, in Lake Placid Blue. I use different pedals but generally a DOD distortion and a DOD Flanger (I play punk primarily). My acoustic is a Dean.

Self Taught.

I play bass and drums also, but not really as seriously as guitar, although I do own an acoustic bass as well as an electric one (no drum kit anymore, but that was the first instrument I played).

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i play a b.c. rich warlock nj series neck thru custom and a jackson dinkie with emg hz's. got mesa 90/90 and digitech gnx3. i think switching from mesa tube to peavey is step in the wrong direction. sounds like you just need a good processor. maybe try out a mesa pre amp or some digitech processors.

Hmmm. From what I've read at Harmony Central Peavey is the way to go for metal and hard rock, which I mostly play. I might keep the Mesa just for softer rock and blues. I wanted a mesa Triaxis but I'm not that rich. That would definitely work. I don't really dig those effects processors. I only use overdrive, distortion, occasionally flanger and sometimes wah. Most of the tone comes from the amp IMO. I dunno, I've heard some awesome shit from the 5150 and almost everybody at HC says that's the way to go for metal. But if you have a triaxis to sell for cheap I'm interested. Actually a Mesa MKIII would be sick also. Don't bust my balls on the prices though. Nothing Else Matters is a good song. Although for the solo I usually like to mix it up and add some E minor shredding Spanish flavor licks in there. It sounds cool.

Song I wish I could play well: Black Star, hell yeah.

godkilla is offline Senior Member

mesa owns!

well i dont have anything for sale, but i urge you to get a good floor processor and stick with the mesa tubes. just tell them your interested in buying a floor processor and you would like to try some out. i am sure they will have a mesa 50/50 you can play through in oder to simulate your own rig. i am not a sound tech or anything like that, but i do know that mesa tubes are the way too go. i get compliments on my sound all the time from other guitar players i gig with.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Epiphone Les Paul Edition

bigJJ is offline Member
    Epi LP's are damn good, but I always swap out the pickups with some Seymour Duncans. Either '59s in the neck and bridge or a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge.

I've also tried out the Kent Armstrong PAFs as a replacement for the Epi stock pups. Good stuff for the money. The Epi stock pups are just too muddy.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the muddy sound im into the hair metal so it goes along good but i definetley know what you mean

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    I used to play alot when I was younger, now just a thing of the past(like a dream)havent touched a guitar in years, it's all about the BB'ing now. My top ax at the time was a 93' standred strat with a 71' strat neck refreted with ibenez bass frets, and fitted with sperzel locking tuners...1000k pots, custom wiring/switches, original floyd rose locking bridge, duncun distortion bridge pickup, stock middle, and a yngwie malmsteen neck pickup.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i haven't played in quite awhile, but i'm at the point now where i can not play years and still be able to play fine at any time. i got a shitty mexistrat, this resonator i dropped on the ice a couple winters ago, a yamaha classical, this old ass archtop acoustic, meh oh yeah a backpacker (garbage but fun) and maybe some other things i can't remember.

i got this fiddle awhile back and started liking it 10X more the guitar, but i haven't played it for a long time either. lol i dont think i could play it well now.

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    got a japenese telecaster. stock fender in the neck, dimarzio tone zone t in bridge pickup. fender 1000 Roc pro amp- Sovtec Quad 4X 10 box.

I dont use much fx for distorion mainly the channels and reverb on the amp o but I have a Sovtek Tank style distortion pedal (v.cool) which I use for more punch, Jim Dunlop Cry Baby, Boss chorus- flanger- delay and an octave splitter.

Also have a squire P bass and a 70's Solec bass. Been playing for about 16-17 years and play indie rock stuff

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

What do you guys play?
    Ibanez 540 Radius, last year produced.
    http://derek.inconsiderate.org/540r1.JPG
    http://derek.inconsiderate.org/540r2.JPG
    http://derek.inconsiderate.org/540r3.JPG
    http://derek.inconsiderate.org/540r4.JPG

Model Satriani's guitars are based off.

Thread Information