Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ok-u-got-me is offline New Member

Spanking your children

How many people beleave that if you spank your children you will hurt them?I ask you,how many of you beleave that if you spank your children you will teach your children that if they do wrong they have to pay for ther actions?I saw an add aginst spanking children tonight on tv.what have you got to say about this??????

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    There needs to be steps taken for instance strike 1, strike 2 and then they get their ass beat

I actually dont spank my kids often but if they want to keep pushing the limit they will be reminded who is in charge!!!!!!!!!!!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    i dont believe in it, well only if she has big tits and a cute arse!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ok-u-got-me
    How many people beleave that if you spank your children you will hurt them?
    Yes, it does hurt, that is part of the punishment.

I ask you,how many of you beleave that if you spank your children you will teach your children that if they do wrong they have to pay for ther actions?I saw an add aginst spanking children tonight on tv.what have you got to say about this??????
    I know that spanking worked for me, it kept me from doing things that I shouldn't have.

I believe that it teaches children that there are consequences to their actions, if they do wrong, there will be negative consequences. Sorry but time out can be a complete joke.

I know of many parents who don’t spank their children, some turn out just fine, others are nasty children. I see these children in the supermarket or restaurants being loud, and misbehaving with their parents whispering and pleading for them to be good and think to myself how easy it would be to simply smack that butt and make everything so much better.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 10-13-2005 at 11:14 AM.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'd never lay a hand on my children. I believe its voilence, pure and simple.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    my son is 3 and i have only hit him once over the hand. Not to say that it is wrong to disipline your child as long as your not causing him or her any physical or amotional abuse

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Yes, it does hurt, that is part of the punishment.

I know that spanking worked for me, it kept me from doing things that I shouldn't have.

I believe that it teaches children that there are consequences to their actions, if they do wrong, there will be negative consequences. Sorry but time out can be a complete joke.

I know of many parents who don’t spank their children, some turn out just fine, others are nasty children. I see these children in the supermarket or restaurants being loud, and misbehaving with their parents whispering and pleading for them to be good and think to myself how easy it would be to simply smack that butt and make everything so much better.

well said.

i was hit with just about thing in the kitchen,
    i was even knock off my feet when my mom threw the millenium falcon (the old one from the 80's the plastic one. ) down a flight of steps @ me.

and im a better person cause of that

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    I got my ass kicked all the time. Didn't change my actions. I was still a bratt

Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    I got my ass kicked all the time. Didn't change my actions. I was still a bratt
    nothing changes

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    There is a difference between spaking and abuse!!!!!!!!

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    i got spanked by my cop dad and cop mother. they had four boys and we were really good kids, because we knew the consequences. kids nowadays have no consequences. parents let their children run rampant, and scream and yell at their parents.

my son knows that if he acted that way, he would have a consequence. its rarely ever needed to spank him. but i think knowing that it could happen, is a deterent for him. and that is why he shows respect.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    my cop dad and cop mother.

So did you fallow in there foot steps?

So did you fallow in there foot steps?
    was going to, but medical issues in the military prohibited me from doing so. so now i lead the life of crime!

was going to, but medical issues in the military prohibited me from doing so. so now i lead the life of crime!

Ya thats what my dam wife tell me all the time.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    i got spanked by my cop dad and cop mother. they had four boys and we were really good kids, because we knew the consequences. kids nowadays have no consequences. parents let their children run rampant, and scream and yell at their parents.

my son knows that if he acted that way, he would have a consequence. its rarely ever needed to spank him. but i think knowing that it could happen, is a deterent for him. and that is why he shows respect.
    I agree with you totally have to have consequences for your actions.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Children need discipline and look at the world today and how children act toward their parents. Kids are taught how to call child services very young and parents that are afraid to stand up to the own kids should not have kids in the first place. I remember one day my daughter was about 8 years old and she got in trouble for something and she got in big trouble and she said she was going to call the police, well I handed her the phone and said her ya go because they will take you away not me.... we never had that come up again.

Is an ass beating the right thing to do every time? No I don't think so but kids should be taught if you do something wrong you should get something to remind you not to do it again.

My step-dad was a biker (a real biker not a weekend want-to-be) and he did not care how was around or where we were if we smarted off or took the wrong tone with him or my mother Wack a smack right in the chops. Believe me we learned pretty quick.. Of course the time I stone an ounce of weed and some drugs out of his room he held me down and punched me in the face for a while (Which I think was not a good idea nor in the Dr Spock handbook).

Even with all the beatings (and by this I mean deserved ones) we all turned out okay.

Did I spank my daughter? yes and she is almost 16 and is very respectable to others and is not mixed up in drugs or anything.

Heck when she comes home from school I may throw a beat down on her just to remind her.. J/K

Oldman

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Spanking is critical to a child's upbringing in my opinion. Abusing children is another matter totally and something I DO NOT condone. And it's true, some kids will be disrespectful little shits no matter how hard you spank them, but in the big picture, spanking is one step in successful child rearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I agree with you totally have to have consequences for your actions.
    Yeh consequences but not being hit or spanked,,,,if you were hit has a kid it something you always remember about you dad and who wants to be remembered like that,,,,what about shouting?? i can control my kids by shouting there is no need to hit or spank at all??
    my dad hit me twice and i can remember both times like it was yesterday,,personaly i dont want my kids to be scared of me and remember me as someone who hit them,,,,,you can punish without hitting,,,be a dad and a friend not a bully!!!! there is no need to hit or spank kids,,use other methords

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spanking your children-kids.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Yeh consequences but not being hit or spanked,,,,if you were hit has a kid it something you always remember about you dad and who wants to be remembered like that,,,,what about shouting?? i can control my kids by shouting there is no need to hit or spank at all??
    my dad hit me twice and i can remember both times like it was yesterday,,personaly i dont want my kids to be scared of me and remember me as someone who hit them,,,,,you can punish without hitting,,,be a dad and a friend not a bully!!!! there is no need to hit or spank kids,,use other methords
    I was spanked by my father all the time I don't resent him for it I think him for keeping me out of prison but I also believe in time out and grounding from video games but a spanking and a beating are two different things so I just got spanked abuse I don't agree with a couple swats my keep you out of the big house.

not only did I get spanked, my dad would backhand me upside the head sometimes when I was out of line, but it wasnt repeatedly, it wasnt abusive and never broke the skin or anything like that. I believe I'll woop my kids asses someday too, might keep them out of jail.

hitting is one thing, spanking is another. were not talking about beating children.

and yelling!!!??? thats by far the worst thing to do. kids will/do drown out yelling. it accomplishes zero. i remember getting spanked. thats not what i remember most about my father. but it also helped make me into what i am today. i have respect. i show respect. and i follow most laws because of consequences. something i learned when i was growing up.

I was spanked by my father all the time I don't resent him for it I think him for keeping me out of prison but I also believe in time out and grounding from video games but a spanking and a beating are two different things so I just got spanked abuse I don't agree with a couple swats my keep you out of the big house.
    one word BOLLOCKS

hitting is one thing, spanking is another. were not talking about beating children.

and yelling!!!??? thats by far the worst thing to do. kids will/do drown out yelling. it accomplishes zero. i remember getting spanked. thats not what i remember most about my father. but it also helped make me into what i am today. i have respect. i show respect. and i follow most laws because of consequences. something i learned when i was growing up.
    exactly my friend not abuse just a little spank never hurt anyone.

I was spanked by my father all the time I don't resent him for it.

Same here,

My father would use his belt, and I can only remember a hand full of spankings, he is a big man and that’s all it took for me to stay on the straight and narrow.

I absolutely don't resent my father for spanking me. I truly believe that he had my best interests in mind.

happysumo is offline Associate Member
    I think it comes down to TEACHING your children right and wrong, if spanking your kids help get the point to them, which sometimes is needed, then its ok, ABUSE is NOT OK! After spanking them you must reinforce your actions with teachable moments. I agree with those who have said that kids today are little spoiled shits. This is true, its not because there is no punishment, its cause parents dont know how to teach kids. They leave the teaching up to the TV and the worlds view, parents have much less contact with their own kids than the TV does. Spending time, and teaching the why's and how's of this world is being left up to the networks to teach children.

dont agree at all,,,,you can punish without hitting or spanking,,,,end off

Quote Originally Posted by happysumo
    I think it comes down to TEACHING your children right and wrong, if spanking your kids help get the point to them, which sometimes is needed, then its ok, ABUSE is NOT OK! After spanking them you must reinforce your actions with teachable moments. I agree with those who have said that kids today are little spoiled shits. This is true, its not because there is no punishment, its cause parents dont know how to teach kids. They leave the teaching up to the TV and the worlds view, parents have much less contact with their own kids than the TV does. Spending time, and teaching the why's and how's of this world is being left up to the networks to teach children.
    thats exactly right. absentee parents is what this world has now. practically. its pathetic and sad. raising kids is a constant thing. every minute of everyday.

I agree,

I hate it when parents are yelling at their kids in public places, and then doing the old count to 3 routine.....

My kids know as I knew, there would be no counting, just a mean look from Dad, it that warning wasn't headed, there would be a spanking on the way.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    There needs to be steps taken for instance strike 1, strike 2 and then they get their ass beat

I actually dont spank my kids often but if they want to keep pushing the limit they will be reminded who is in charge!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. I dont spank very often, normally they get sent to their room. It has to be something pretty bad.

i dont believe anybody here has said that spanking is the sole punishment used by any of us. it is just one source of punishment, and with my son, its the last resort. my son is not scared of me in anyway, but he is scared to get a spankin on his ass. at which, makes it so that he does not cross that line. he's a daddy's boy by far, but also knows the deal when it comes to being bad.

Hitting my kids is a no no. I always just stand my little girl up against the wall. That always works for me. It is very effective way for me to deal with her and not have to ever hit her. At least it works for me.

Hitting my kids is a no no. I always just stand my little girl up against the wall. That always works for me. It is very effective way for me to deal with her and not have to ever hit her. At least it works for me.
    well done its a credit to you

well done its a credit to you
    I agree!

I don't like having to spank my kids at all, and I rarely did, and considering that they are 14 and 16, they are both too damn big for me to spank now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I agree!

I don't like having to spank my kids at all, and I rarely did, and considering that they are 14 and 16, they are both too damn big for me to spank now!
    Thankyou

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Do you have children?

Well said Bigen12 and MasterDbol

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Do you have children?

Well said Bigen12 and MasterDbol
    yes 2 boys

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    yes 2 boys
    Good for you. Usually the only people not backing spanking is those without them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Good for you. Usually the only people not backing spanking is those without them...
    Thanks,,,,i just think you can punish without spanking or hitting,,you can use other punishment....surely we shouldnt spank our kids if another method will do

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i never have spanked my kids,have twin girls of nearly 16 a boy of 11 and a newborn,raising my voice has always been enuff for them!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information