Thread: Useless trivia Pt. 8
05-07-2002, 12:29 PM #1Respected Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Miller's Crossing
Useless trivia Pt. 8
1. The most drought resistant tree is the baobab tree. It stores 35,900 gallons of water in its trunk for later use.
2. The North Atlantic Deep Water Current is an oceanic "river" that carries twenty times more water than all the rivers of the world put together.
3. The onion is a lily, botanically
4.A dripping hot water faucet wastes an average of 40 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month. This is equivilant of running a color television 8 hours a day for about 31 days.
5. Ostriches are such fast runners, they can outrun a horse. Male ostriches can roar like a lion.
6. In one year, hens in America lay enough eggs to encircle the globe a hundred times.
7. The woolly mammoth, extinct since the Ice Age, had tusks almost 16 feet high
8. The leech has 32 brains
9. The cells which make up the antlers of a moose are the fastest growing animal cells in nature.
10. The lungfish can live out of water in a state of suspended animation for three years.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)