ok-u-got-me is offline New Member

Customer Service Sucks!

Is it just me, or is the customer service for EVERYTHING getting worse? I remember dealing with actual people that worked for the company that you were doing business with, and that was ok. Then came dealing with the automated phone system, and that was a pain in the ass, but you could after all just press "0" and speak to someone, then came the automated phone system, that transferred you to an offshore call center, where no one spoke any sort of recognizable english, and now we have a voice controlled automated system, that transfers you to some offshore call centre. After you waste time navigating through the system, you have to deal with someone that doesn't understand what you are talking about. This is where you get so irritated you hang up and solve the problem yourself.

I believe I am coming to a point in my life where I will feel better just by cancelling every service I have, and moving to a remote hick town, where I will never need a cell phone, cable, internet, or any of those services that ever require customer service.

Just to add a special kick to this, I have been dealing with a DSL company for the last 6/7 years, that was originally called DSL.ca, they got bought out, and became Wiznet, which got bought out by Magma Communications based out of Ottawa, which is a Primus company. Primus is the worse excuse for a company, as along with Magma. They have been incorrectly billing me, providing me with sub par internet service (80% downtime is not acceptable), garbage technical support, and horrible customer service. I called to cancel my service (which I think all their clients should do) and found out that because of some error on their side, after all the buyouts, my account was no longer under my name. Now, although, my name is the username for the account for the last 6/7 years, I am paying for the account(they are billing my credit card), and the account was signed up for by me, they wouldn't let me cancel my own service. I had a customer service woman arguing with me, that whoever had their name on the account had to cancel the service, although, it was ok that I was still paying. The amount of trouble I had to go through to cancel this account was ridiculous, and hopefully it is now canceled. Lets go through some customer service scenarios.

Me talking to Magma Communications

Me: Hi I'm having problems with my internet, is the service down? It's been like this for 2 days now.
    Magma: Is your computer turned on?
    Me: Yes.
    Magma: Are all your cables plugged in?
    Magma: Are you using a router, or is it directly connected to the internet?
    Me: I'm using a router.
    Magma: Have you tried connecting it directly?
    Me: No, because my router works, so their would be no point, everything was working fine until recently.
    Magma: Well if you try to remove your router it should work.
    Me: Why would it work?
    Magma: Because sometimes it is your router.
    Me: It's not the router, can you just check to see if there is anything wrong with your service.
    Magma: Well sir, we don't have anyone here that says there are problems, it would just be you.
    Me: Ok, well I will cancel my service and go to Rogers, because your service sucks, and i'm sick of my internet being down 90% of the time.
    Magma: Hold on one second sir.
    Magma: It shows here that Bell is having a problem, so It's affecting your service. I can log a ticket to bell for you.
    Me: Ok.
    Magma: Ok, i've logged a ticket, Bell should call you in a few days. Is there anything else I could do for you?
    Me: Die in a horrible car accident on your way home from work.

Talking to Telus Mobility

Me: I'm having a problem with my voicemail, It's no longer working. It's been like this for 2 weeks now.
    Telus: When did you notice this?
    Me: Yesterday.
    Telus: Did you just call us today about it?
    Me: Yes, because I just noticed it yesterday.
    Telus: Ok, I will call it just to make sure, is this your cell numer xxx-xxx-xxxx?
    Telus: Don't pick up your phone when it rings.
    Me: Ok.
    Telus: It doesn't seem to be working
    Me: Yes, I know, thats why i'm calling.
    Telus: We can fix it, but are you calling from your cell phone?
    [IF YES]
    Me: Yes
    Telus: Then we need you to call back from a land line.
    [IF NO]
    Me: No.
    Telus: Then we need you to call back from your cell phone.
    [IF OTHER]
    Me: I'm calling from my friends cell phone.
    Telus: We need you to call from a payphone.

Basically, Telus has great customer service compare to many other place, although you will be running arounf forever before you get any problems fixed.

Also Me talking to Rogers Cable

Me: Hi, I'm having problems with my cable, it was working fine, now everything is just static.
    Rogers: What kind of TV do you have?
    Me: Sony.
    Rogers: Maybe, it's your TV?
    Me: No, it's brand new, the TV is fine, I can play DVD's or PS2 on it with no problems.
    Rogers: Have you considered buying a new TV?
    Me: No, my TV works fine, there is something wrong with your service.
    Rogers: Our service is fine, have you considered a VIP bundle, we can save you on your internet and cable bill?
    Me: My Cable isn't working.
    Rogers: Have you considered taking advantage of some of our specialty channel bundles?
    Me: No, my cable is't working, I need this fixed.
    Rogers: If you need cell phone service, you can get a bundle that includes your cable, internet and cell phone, with a 15% discount.
    Me: Please fix my cable, or I will reach through the phone and strangle you.

Needless to say, you will never get anything fixed, but you will end of with a few extra channels, and some services you didn't really need.

I could probably go on for pages about customer service. For big companies, usually anything Rogers usually sucks, anything Primus sucks, anything Bell Canada usually sucks, Telus is usually alright. I usually have problems with a lot of companies I ever have to deal with, because they would rather not have you call, and would rather blame you for the problem. I always go as high up the food chain as I can get away with and get as many people fired as possible. Give me bad service, and I'll try my best to get you fired.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    couldnt agree more! you hit a sore spot with me bro. love the conversations, hillarious after the fact and yes, i feel the same way. it irritates me soo much. im going thru the same thing with alienware right now. my ac adaptor blew. ive talked with the same guy from india (well sounds like it) 4x now. now, nothing against india people, it just happens that everyone at alienware customer service sounds like they are from india. and i cant understand them at all. and they have a hard time understanding me. i hate when companies hire foreign people to read from a screen. its not so much the foreign part (communication troubles) as it is the knowledge. if it was an american, id still be erked at the lack of knowledge, but at least i could tell them the problem one time, instead of multiple phone calls of 2 hours each just so they can get the prob right in the computer. all these people are just reading from a screen and saying what comes next and have no clue. im very computer literate, so i know whats bs and whats not for the most part. so when i call because of a problem and they tell me its overheating because of the game im playing, and not a computer problem, it irritates me. i had that recently. playing eq2, my laptop (gaming laptop, 2G ram, dual processors, 256M vid card) would overheat and shut down. they told me to stop playing eq2 and play another game because it was probably the game causing the computer to overheat! im sorry, but this coming from one of the if not THE top gaming computer maker in the world is ridiculous. i bought their product because it was a gaming computer so i could game. and they tell me to stop playing the game. whatever. so my ac adaptor prob im going thru right now, i live in china, and all my mail goes to a FPO (fleet post office) thru the embassy. its not a p.o. box. the address just looks wierd, for example, the state is FPO, and city is AP. and none of the people from india ive talked to seems to know what an fpo is, which is fine, some dont, but i hate spending 30 mins trying to say an address on the phone because they dont understand my english. and to make matters worse, instead of sending my stuff to this address i had them put down, they send a previous item i called about to my OLD ADDRESS, which then eventually gets forwarded to my mom's place, which she has to send to me. needless to say, its been 3 months without my alienware and still no ac adaptor. now, i dont call. i have an email template that says basically ive called so many times, cant understand your workers, they cant understand me, heres the problem. i make it polite, but thats whats worked with me.

blah!

chest6 is offline Banned
    HAHAHAHHAHAAAHHHAHHAHAHA holy shit on the first one i was dying!!! Did all of this really happen. Die in a horrible car wreck on your way home from work that is fvcking hilarious..I know ur pissed but that is sooo fvckin funny. I agree with you tho, everything sucks ass now

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to do technical support for an ISP once and it really sucks because you are dealing with people that are ignorant and you have to be very patient with them, but sometimes you just wanna have a little fun and **** with people too

Wrong username
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...-t-h-e-a-d.mp3

Pretending to be an automated phone service
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...and_Longer.mp3

And again
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...l_For_That.mp3

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    I used to do technical support for an ISP once and it really sucks because you are dealing with people that are ignorant and you have to be very patient with them, but sometimes you just wanna have a little fun and **** with people too

Wrong username
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...-t-h-e-a-d.mp3

Pretending to be an automated phone service
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...and_Longer.mp3

And again
    http://phonelosers.org/sound/PLA_Tec...l_For_That.mp3

Hahah that is good. i have some things like that with something called realplay.. where the deaf folks can use an operator to call someone. A bunch of pranks lol

ok-u-got-me is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    HAHAHAHHAHAAAHHHAHHAHAHA holy shit on the first one i was dying!!! Did all of this really happen. Die in a horrible car wreck on your way home from work that is fvcking hilarious..I know ur pissed but that is sooo fvckin funny. I agree with you tho, everything sucks ass now

No that what I told her.
    She has no clue as to what is Customer Service I think she was such an air head.
    Last edited by ok-u-got-me; 10-13-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Thread Information