powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

You guys think Gatorade works?

Is Gatorade and Powerade just some sugar water? It seems eating some fruit and table salt would give you way more potassium and sodium to help with fluid balance and thus be more effective. Do you think Gatorade and Powerade are just trying to cash in on the public's concern with health and sports, or is it really benefictal?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    ill get the grape or the riptide rush cuz it tastes good. but i never drink the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    ill get the grape or the riptide rush cuz it tastes good. but i never drink the stuff.
    I agree, the stuff tastes pretty good. If you look at the ingreidients tho, it's mainly water, dextrose, sucrose, and high fructose corn syrup...

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    It's been scientifically proven to work after numerous studies done on it at the University of Florida.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i use it afte workouts sometimes thats about it

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Gatorade is good for like long marathons b/c after about 2 hours of constant activity you body shuts off your glycogen and fat is depleted. With gatorade which is about 7% gluclose and some electrolytes, it will give your some fuel to keep you going, but I wouldn't use it except for maybe after a workout just for the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    It's been scientifically proven to work after numerous studies done on it at the University of Florida.
    Yeah, but the studies compare it to water. I am thinking a banana, some salt, and water would be way better.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    i just bouhgt a little tub of powder concentrate gatorade to mix with water.pretty good taste the same and you can jus put less miix and more water so theres not as much suger per serving.but i honestly dont give a crap about what it does i jus like it

cb25 is offline Banned
    the idea behind gatorade is a little more complicated than it seems -- the amounts of electrolytes, sugar, etc is designed to maximize gastric emptying rate and rehydration.

you add in the fiber from the banana, etc and the ratios are off...it slows digestion.

i'm not saying gatorade is the shit and all...but there is some science behind it.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    its crazy on your teeth...either as bad or worse than coke i read somewhere...

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    i think its pretty much only designed really for top class athletes, who are moving around for extensive periods of time

not too sure tho!

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    the idea behind gatorade is a little more complicated than it seems -- the amounts of electrolytes, sugar, etc is designed to maximize gastric emptying rate and rehydration.

you add in the fiber from the banana, etc and the ratios are off...it slows digestion.

i'm not saying gatorade is the shit and all...but there is some science behind it.
    Ah, ok. thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    i think its pretty much only designed really for top class athletes, who are moving around for extensive periods of time

not too sure tho!
    Designed at University of FL to "aide" the "gators". haha

Thread Information