Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to lift that much either.

Don't think it was pointless I just think he looks funny. LOL

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Nothing is pointless............... if what you do gives you a feeling of accomplishment and makes you happy then it's not pointless.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Nothing is pointless............... if what you do gives you a feeling of accomplishment and makes you happy then it's not pointless.
    I totally agree but I wonder if he thought it was worth it afterwards.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i dont hate i just think that is point less

if you look you will see i said ( I ) think it is point less.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    yet another fat person failing at something
    Ignorance is bliss...

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyspt4
    Sorry, you're right. I forgot that he broke it last Novemeber. It is 1005.

The bench shirt does allow you to get more weight, there's no doubt about that, but attempting 800+ pounds without it is near impossible just based on the stress your pecs, delts are getting. I mean there won't be a person that says it doesn't help out, but it's also used for safety and technique as well as improving your numbers.

I personally would rather own the 713 record without a shirt than 1005 with a shirt. The only reason I got into this thread was because of the negativity showed, he didn't get it up, that's fine, but still no need to disrepect someone because they didn't achieve something that no one else has done
    you're also wrong about the raw record. medelson owns it wih 735 if i remember correctly.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    there was a guy at the gym where i work out that was a competative bench presser. he had to put 275 lbs on the bar just so it would touch his chest. and johan how do u know that allen character wont get close to 1000 with a shirt on? i simply brought up allen because they showed a video of him on our local news actually pressing the 700. my point is why the shirt? if they take them away guys would make a huge deal out of an 800lb bench.
    like billy said its mostly for safety. Il rather se shirts and 1000ibs benched than faild atempts at 800 and ruined shoulders.

and you cant just pull a shirt on and bench 300 more ibs. It takes alot of practice to bench with a shirt thats why I say allen cant put one on and bench 1000ibs.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    he needed more than a hand, he needs a new spleen

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    im am by no means bashin him just the shirt. i know it helps when it comes to safety but i still think they suck.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    yet another fat person failing at something
    OMG funny sh!t right there

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    That is very true!

I'm glad to see the back avatar is still there, ver inspirational to me, its one my first memories from when I joined AR

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    his mind must not have been where it should have that day. Some days I can go to the gym and lift like a mad man, like I am on top of the world and then there are those other days where you just rather not even be lifting.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    That was Chuck Liddell and Josh Koscheck in the fukin bloodclart audience there....

that some heavy azz shit right there....

facken triple H.... ahahhaaa

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    you're also wrong about the raw record. medelson owns it wih 735 if i remember correctly.
    I was thinking it was higher than 713, but I couldn't find anything that said otherwise. I am not sure, but either way, it's still more weight than I'll ever do or think of doing.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    You are 100% corect Bro.

As far as I'm concerned the only world record for bench press stands at 735 lbs. The bench shirt records don't mean squat to me and are killing the sport of powerlifting.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i am glad there are 2 seperate records. and the raw is much more impressive. i have met and lifted at a meet with BIG gene. he is huge and is one heller of a shirted presser. he does deserve respect, no one else besides s. mendelson can even attempt that weight with a shirt. so yes the shirt helps, but it does take alot of work to learn and use the shirt. you don't get 3 to 4 hundred pounds without working on lockouts and form. repect to gene, he has taken the press to alevel no one ever thought was possible. the next highest shirted press is mendelsons 914, almost 100 lbs less than gene's 1005. also raw lifters, remember the name glen chabot, the raw record will soon be his!!! 750 plus coming very very soon!!!

is chabot back on track again? I heard he had a run in with rec drugs and lost it all

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I find it amazing that someone could even hold that much weight.
    He didn't, which makes the poor guy so pathetic. I sure as hell wouldn't go on TV and attempt this without having done it before, he just made an ass out of himself I think... I don't mean to sound too harsh, but those "shirts" are pathetic, if they want to impress me, bench 700lb with no shirt... otherwise get real and get a life.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul
    He didn't, which makes the poor guy so pathetic. I sure as hell wouldn't go on TV and attempt this without having done it before, he just made an ass out of himself I think... I don't mean to sound too harsh, but those "shirts" are pathetic, if they want to impress me, bench 700lb with no shirt... otherwise get real and get a life.
    Ummmmmm yes he did hold the weight......

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul
    Calling the world strongest bencher pathetic is a bit over the top. Im sure hes not doing it to impress you

He probably wanted to do it on tv to get the extra boost. Just like most pr's are broken on meets.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 10-18-2005 at 09:50 AM.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    So did he die?

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    Yup, he did 1005. They said it before his attempt, he was trying to break his own record
    Yep, he did it. Here is some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1015lb Bench Press Attempt-dpp_0001.jpg   1015lb Bench Press Attempt-dpp_0002.jpg   1015lb Bench Press Attempt-dpp_0003.jpg   1015lb Bench Press Attempt-dpp_0004.jpg  

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    mendelson reset his record and did 715 raw.. in a meet where all the ebst benchers int he woirld were called out.... second best was 650 by brian siders..... mr gene fat asshole rylchak denied because rumor has it he can only do 600lb raw. (used lame-ass ill get injured excuse) the shirt he uses is illegal in every other federation as to the way he waers it.

decadbal is offline Banned
    rylchak is a god around here son.. a god

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information