MoneyAddyct is offline Member

I Still Think I'm Skinny...Anyone Else Feel This Way?

I'm 5'8-5'9"ish at 157lbs. Last year I broke up with my girlfriend of about 2 years and become extremely depressed. I didn't workout, didn't eat much and I was at my lowest weight--around 123lbs. Until now I've never been over 135lbs. When I look in the mirror I'm quite satisfied with my transformation and my increase in body weight, but I still think, no matter how much I gain, that I'm still a skinny bastard. Anyone else feel this way about themselves?

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    get a giant penis pump, and stand in it. Then have someone pump you up from the outside.
    Anyone else think im wrong on this?

Damnit, that conscience was quick. Love you for you.. blah blah blah We've all been there, so hugs and crap.
    Thinking you have something to gain is something of the mind, and the mind is never satisfied; just be happy with how you are now, and enjoy your workouts bro.
    Do you have a goal to get to? Goals are always nice. better than running around aimlessly Of course there are those who like to exercise for the feel, and because it keeps them how they are. Neat how that works.

Justa gotta enjoy the moment you are always in. And focus on HOW you do things. And one day you'll look in the mirror and say, "Hot damn, I'm a sexy ass mofo"
    Last edited by SnaX; 10-16-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Oh, I do look in the mirror and say "I'm a sexy ass mofo" but I also say "Yeah, I could use a few more lbs." My goal is 170lbs. I'm not sure why, just sounds nice.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    i feel you man... i was like 135 lbs all through high school then i got up to 140 and started lifting around 145.. i was able to work my way up to 175 now i tend to stick around 180, and despite how many times a girl would say how nice my body was or someone would coment on how big i got i would still see the skinny guy that used to get picked on in the mirror. now after being at the same weight for a while i don't really see myself as skinny anymore. and something i noticed was that if i look in a mirror were i couldn't see my face i looked 10 times bigger.. i think most of what u go through is in your head.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree. i was around 140lbs in high school too. joined the military. started liftin and got up to like 185lbs fairly quickly. stuck there for a bit. then one year i blew up again and got to like 215lbs (had an awsome workout partner). then injury, and now at around 185lbs again. I look at my pics and i think how skinny i was, then i see me at 185 and think man, not too bad (comparing to 140lbs), then i look at my 215lbs pics and im like man, im skinny! i think a good weight for me would be around 200lbs. but yea, i think most people in the gym always seem to think they need to be bigger. with the exception of those who lift weights for a reason, like martial artists dont wanna be bigger always because they start to lose flexibility, etc...

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    170 is small...! Eat man eat...

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i hear ya all the way, i was about 6'2 135 in highschool, i was always the smallest person and always got ****ed with, now about 4 some years later, im weighing about 200. so obviosly ive gained alot. but i still think im skinny as hell. i dont look 200lbs thats my biggest problem. ususally people look heavy than they are, but people say i look like im 180. so i dont know. but no matter what people say towards boosting my self-esteem towards myself, i still think of myself, as that little 135lb girl. but no one screws with me now, so yeah.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    No offense moneyadd, but 5'9 135, your a tiny boy. That is what I weighed when I graduated HS like 6-7yrs ago, I just recently broke 200 and climbing. Time to get dedicated and get out of the hole you've been hiding in.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Go have some sex with a new chick (this will make u feel better).

Then start a bulking diet ASAP and train hard!

Im 6ft3 and 240 and i think im skinny,in fact i know i am.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Im 6ft3 and 240 and i think im skinny,in fact i know i am.
    but your training partner thinks your really BIG,,,,INFACT YOUR XL

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    but your training partner thinks your really BIG,,,,INFACT YOUR XL

HaHaHa What about you marcus,u feel skinny??

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg

HaHaHa What about you marcus,u feel skinny??
    I did think i was skinny for about 10yrs but no i dont anymore,,,i can say tho am not satisfied with my body and would love another 20lbs,,,

if i weighed 300 lbs, I think I'd still think i was skinny. We definately all have the reverse of anorexia.. at least I know I do.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I'm over 250lbs and still feel skinny. Just be happy that you are still making progress.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont feel skinny anymore. I want some more pounds(like 15 or so) of lean beef thats for sure, but I feel pretty satisfied generaly. Now that my goal is strenght not size I care less for the size.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    No offense moneyadd, but 5'9 135, your a tiny boy. That is what I weighed when I graduated HS like 6-7yrs ago, I just recently broke 200 and climbing. Time to get dedicated and get out of the hole you've been hiding in.

I'm not 135lbs anymore. I was 135lbs about a year ago. I'm up to 157lbs. And I only graduated HS about 2 years ago.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    I'm not 135lbs anymore. I was 135lbs about a year ago. I'm up to 157lbs. And I only graduated HS about 2 years ago.
    Good progress, 8-10lbs steady/year is not bad at all. Just keep at it, and in 5 years you'll break 200. Same boat as me.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I would like to be 260 with about 8% bf but thats rather difficult to achieve, right now i'm about 225 with 12% b/f at 6'2". It will take me years to accomplish this if I ever do but in the meantime I am the skinniest mofo in my eyes.

HULKBOY is offline Member
    i only feel skinny after i drink alot so lately ive been feeling skinny but people think different so its all good

chest6 is offline Banned
    nah not skinny..i think im fat now..i gotta cut down so i am. I think I am not big enough..so ya along those lines

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    No offense man. But you are skinny lol. Not even 160 at 5'9". I mean I dont consider myself too big but im the same height around 220-225. That is really skinny dude. Just eat like a mofo and train ur ass off, You will keep gaining and wont be skinny anymore.

-Bino

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    i havent felt like i was skinny for 20 years. literally.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I got a buddy who is 6'0" tall and weighs 295lbs and he thinks he is tiny! Go figure!

Its how you carry yourself and how you are percieved by others that counts.

MJ

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i graduated hs at 5'9" 125lbs...

went to the AF, the the acadamy.. went to 150lbs..28" waist... then up to 175.. then hold at 200... all natural..

214 now... 34" waist ( i like this size, i don't like the up and down )

so, eat, and grow strong ligaments.. if you have a large upper body, and good legs, your waist will look small..

later..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    get a giant penis pump, and stand in it. Then have someone pump you up from the outside.
    Anyone else think im wrong on this?

Snax man you crack me up this is a good one

ThePump is offline Member
    beggining of my junior year i was 150lbs and i thought i was skinny so i slammed the food and for once i started lifting and slammin those weights. well by the end of my junior year i literally gained 55lbs... wether it was timing or what i'm not sure... but that is no lie.. and now i'm 200 and cut but now i'm wanting to gain another 20lbs and become much stronger and bigger. and now i'm addicted, which is a good thing. but when i'm depressed... i go to the gym and work on my body even more. working out for me is a huge release of stress and the real world is nothing to me for about an hour. i love it and always will. *sniff sniff... that was just so touching

Thread Information