Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I read an article about the properties of a vitamin C IV

I'd like to try THAT high dose protocol
    I think Poliquin has been using that with his athletes... and on himself - with very good results...

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yeah thats right the great experimentalist is back in business

Anyway this is a totaly harmless experiment that might seriously improve your joints. Let me first tell you of my knees.

Ever since wrestling 5 years ago my knees has been HORRIBLE and not getting better. Last fall and spring it was so bad I couldnt walk stairs after leg workouts. I was munching glucosamin and all that but nothing realy did help. I had to sometimes take months of heavy weights in leg exercises because my knees where shit.

Anyway sometimes in the begining of the summer I started my experiemnts with megadosing sodium ascorbate(vitamin c). For health and fat loss reasons but I encountered a plesant "side" effect. After 4 weeks of the high dosage vitamin c my knees where like new!!!! They where not even crackling anymore. Its like they where replaced with a pair of new ones. All my joints to be honest feelt like a million bucks and the only thing I changed was the vitamin c. Nothing else. I can now both hack squat and regular squat heavy again without pain while I just half a year ago had to wrap myself so damn tight that it was silly and still feelt tremendous pain.

So if anyone here is realy suffering from poor knees plz give this a try so we can now if this was just a freak thing that happened of if vitamin c realy can do this. I know it does increase collagen synthesis but I didnt know it could be this helpfull.

Anyway what you need to do is real simple.
    Buy a big bag of sodium ascorbate powder and start taking 15grams(thats right 15,000mg)a day. Space it out over 3-4 servings. One in the morning, 2 during the day/evening and one right before beed.
    DONT change anything else, if your on joint aids like glucosamin keep on taking them. Only change should be the vitamin c.
    Keep this upp for a period of no less than 4 weeks and then report results.
    This is a realy cheap experiment, with no possible side effects and lots of possible positive results(that goes far beyond any joint healing).
    think i'll try that, i completely tore my acl, mcl and cartilage. had to have an acl reconstruction. this was about 3yr ago now just after my 18th birthday, a week l8r. still get abit of pain with it.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I read an article about the properties of a vitamin C IV

I'd like to try THAT high dose protocol
    Yeah me to. If I ever get the chanse I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I would venture into saying that it has helped... I have been using around 10 grams of Vitamin C for a few months now and do notice less pain in my knees... actually, very little at all these days...
    Thats great to hear

my knees are still perfect. Doing leg workouts without the slightest pain is so good. Especialy after years of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I think Poliquin has been using that with his athletes... and on himself - with very good results...

he claims some realy amazing effects. Tremendous bf% reduction ect. Sounds almost TO good.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    bump anyone else have results from doing this? sounds really cool

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    you think it will help elbows? I have to warm up my elbows for 15 minutes and they still hurt when I try to do skullcrushers...I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    you think it will help elbows? I have to warm up my elbows for 15 minutes and they still hurt when I try to do skullcrushers...I hate it.

since I dont know how the vit c made my knees better I cant say anything for sure. But you would not risk anything by trying

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ...Since it's got the "Johan" seal of approval, I'll give it a whirl...I'll order up supplies in the a.m.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ...Since it's got the "Johan" seal of approval, I'll give it a whirl...I'll order up supplies in the a.m.

AG

let me know how it goes

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    You know...Ive been taking ~15g a day since early january...and I have to say I have discovered something rather interesting about the effects...okay here is the whole story: Basically in highschool I was very depressed, violent, and rude to everyone...always ALWAYS in terrible mood...then I started taking this and in a couple days I felt like a whole new person...my family didnt recognize my behavior...I was always in a care free good mood..ready to be nice to anyone at any time...

but it doesnt end there..I have tested this a couple of times...I have tried going without the C for a day or two...or lowering the dose..The result: back to severe crippling depression...its unbelievable the difference...anyone got any idea what is going on?..I know C has been shown to raise test levels..but I have no reason to have low ones..Ive always felt sexually healthy..made good muscular gains..and never took any gear..ideas?

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    You know...Ive been taking ~15g a day since early january...and I have to say I have discovered something rather interesting about the effects...okay here is the whole story: Basically in highschool I was very depressed, violent, and rude to everyone...always ALWAYS in terrible mood...then I started taking this and in a couple days I felt like a whole new person...my family didnt recognize my behavior...I was always in a care free good mood..ready to be nice to anyone at any time...

but it doesnt end there..I have tested this a couple of times...I have tried going without the C for a day or two...or lowering the dose..The result: back to severe crippling depression...its unbelievable the difference...anyone got any idea what is going on?..I know C has been shown to raise test levels..but I have no reason to have low ones..Ive always felt sexually healthy..made good muscular gains..and never took any gear..ideas?

jesus christ...you had me at hello!!!!!!!! it sounds like the last thing vit c has to do is make your penis bigger to be sold as some miracle drug

Def gonna give it a try

I never heard of anything like that before....I have seen on pubmed that it does increase sex drive. But never seen anything about beeing anti depressant.

I have read other people that say they notice mood improvements from vitamin c. Not sure if it does anything to me. Im so used to it by now...

I have no clue what might casue that. But Im glad to hear it

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    well Im def gonna do this wen I start my cycle on monday! thanks johan keep up the good work!

You think the sodium is helping you to retain fluid in the joints?

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait

Bloody hell. Didn't know it was that good. I have only been taking about 5 grams per day for a month or 2 but have seen noticeable improvements in aches i usually have in my legs. I think i might have to jump to over 10 grams. What puts me off slighty is the very sour taste.

Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    well Im def gonna do this wen I start my cycle on monday! thanks johan keep up the good work!
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by novicenovicen
    You think the sodium is helping you to retain fluid in the joints?
    Nah I dont think it is that. Pure ascorbic acid seems to work just as well and not even deca helped with the pains I used to had.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Bloody hell. Didn't know it was that good. I have only been taking about 5 grams per day for a month or 2 but have seen noticeable improvements in aches i usually have in my legs. I think i might have to jump to over 10 grams. What puts me off slighty is the very sour taste.
    Give sodium ascorbate a try instead. Its not sour. just a bit salty.

what does that do to your sodium lvls?

Quote Originally Posted by novicenovicen
    what does that do to your sodium lvls?
    not much. the sodium content is very low and sodium isnt much of a problem anyway if you drink lots of water. Also vitamin c works to lower bloodpressure so any increase in bp by sodium will be offset by the decrease of vit c.

Most I have read indicates that its only sodium chloride(table salt) that causes negative effects. Not sodium in general.

DirtyDog7 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the info.

I've always bought my vitamin C from Costco. Made by Kirkland. They have a 500 count chewable tablet at 500mg.

Under ingredients is says:

Sorbitol, Sodium Ascorbate, Ascorbic acid, Natural Orange Juice Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Magnesium Stearate, Sucrose, Sucralose (in that order)

Calories: 3 per 500 mg tablet

I love eating them and eating 30 a day would be a treat. I find myself craving these tablets.

I don't remember the price but two 500 count bottles would last me a month at 30 a day. Will these work for me?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDog7
    Thank you for the info.

I've always bought my vitamin C from Costco. Made by Kirkland. They have a 500 count chewable tablet at 500mg.

Under ingredients is says:

Sorbitol, Sodium Ascorbate, Ascorbic acid, Natural Orange Juice Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Magnesium Stearate, Sucrose, Sucralose (in that order)

Calories: 3 per 500 mg tablet

I love eating them and eating 30 a day would be a treat. I find myself craving these tablets.

I don't remember the price but two 500 count bottles would last me a month at 30 a day. Will these work for me?
    sure thing

sure thing

I bought my two bottles today. Cost $11 per bottle. I don't know if that's a good price or not. Either way I'm ready for my experiment in joint health.

Even though I'm on a cutting diet, I woke up two pounds heavier today.

Yesterday I took 15 grams of Vitamin C for the first time and I took 1500mg of Glucosamine/1500mg of MSM for the first time.

Anyway, I'll run this for a month and see what happens.

You may want to research chewable vitamin C a bit...

A few years ago I remember there was this thing with Dentists saying that chewing vit-c tabs could damage teeth. Something about the ascorbic acid being ground into the teeth enamel which is damaging.

I don't know if it's still a concern, but I've been sticking to swallowable vit c since then.

Red

it depends on the ammount of ascorbic acid in the tabs. If its much more ascorbic acid than sodium ascorbate it might be a problem. Otherwise I dont think its anything to worry about.

Had never though about that though thanks for pointing that out.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    johan could u tell me what the stuff u bought is called in swedish so i can buy the same stuff. thnx bro

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    You may want to research chewable vitamin C a bit...

A few years ago I remember there was this thing with Dentists saying that chewing vit-c tabs could damage teeth. Something about the ascorbic acid being ground into the teeth enamel which is damaging.

I don't know if it's still a concern, but I've been sticking to swallowable vit c since then.

Red
    then i hope u dont drink coke/pepsi or anything else of the like

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    johan could u tell me what the stuff u bought is called in swedish so i can buy the same stuff. thnx bro
    farre

gå in i typ vilken mataffär som helst och kolla i kryddhyllan. Där finns det påsar med askorbinsyra för ungefär 9-10 kronor styck. Det är rent c vitamin

Annars kan du beställa härifrån
    http://www.svampfoten.nu/c-vitamin.htm
    Ifall du vill ha ph neutralt c vitamin(sodium ascorbate heter natrium askorbat på svenska).

Den sidan är jäkligt bra har köpt typ allt mitt c vitamin från dom senaste året

farre

gå in i typ vilken mataffär som helst och kolla i kryddhyllan. Där finns det påsar med askorbinsyra för ungefär 9-10 kronor styck. Det är rent c vitamin

Annars kan du beställa härifrån
    http://www.svampfoten.nu/c-vitamin.htm
    Ifall du vill ha ph neutralt c vitamin(sodium ascorbate heter natrium askorbat på svenska).

Den sidan är jäkligt bra har köpt typ allt mitt c vitamin från dom senaste året
    aiight tack mannen, hoppas axeln blir bra nu till sommaren bara hehe

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    aiight tack mannen, hoppas axeln blir bra nu till sommaren bara hehe

ta det bara lungt med axeln i några veckor och låt vitaminet göra sin magi berätta sen hur d går.

ta det bara lungt med axeln i några veckor och låt vitaminet göra sin magi berätta sen hur d går.
    sure thing, förresten kan man lita på den där sidan svampen ?

jodå jag har beställt därifrån jävligt många ggr de är 100%

jodå jag har beställt därifrån jävligt många ggr de är 100%
    perfekt tack

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    hey bro, gonna try out your suggestion on here. i love being a human gunea pig, and my rotator cuffs have had problems ever since i started lifting. basically had bad form near the beginning, and ever since then i got the pop in my shoulders when i move them certain ways. after really heavy chest workouts, my rotators throb with pain throughout that entire next night.

i have tried everything else, so this is definitely worth a shot. i got ascorbic acid cause that was the only powder form they had at the store, but i got it for a great price.

only two questions i have is does it matter if you take the vit c with or without a meal? basically, does ingesting it with food increase, decrease, or not affect the vit c absorption? next is for those of you who tried this with success, did you take it with glucosamine? though glucosamine never helped me at all, i'm wondering if the vit c might help increase the amount of glucosamine used for the connective tissues and if it would be a vital addition to this regimen?

well, if you could let me know the answers to those two questions, it'd be much appreciated, and i'll be sure to let you know how this works out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    only two questions i have is does it matter if you take the vit c with or without a meal? basically, does ingesting it with food increase, decrease, or not affect the vit c absorption?
    It doesnt have any real effect. But if you take it before a carb meal it will lower the GI of the carbs(becaue of the accidity, anything low in PH does this to carbs) so its just positive to do so.

next is for those of you who tried this with success, did you take it with glucosamine? though glucosamine never helped me at all, i'm wondering if the vit c might help increase the amount of glucosamine used for the connective tissues and if it would be a vital addition to this regimen?
    I have used it on and off. When I started on the mega dosing I was already on glucosamin and I keept on using it until I ran out of it(as for you it never did a thing for me). I dont think the glucosamin did anything special for me when on vit c that it didnt do before I started using vit c

good luck

thanks again bro. got all the info i need, got my vit c, and will post my results in a month or so.

just had to update on here. i took my vit c about an hour ago. i had 5000mg, and about an hour later, my *ss exploded. now i never get the runs, but this did it for me. not sure if this happens near the beginning until your body gets used to the high dose or if i should lower my dose a bit, but i'm gonna be lowering it to about 2500 a dose and try to take that 4 times a day unless anyone says otherwise. looking to bulk, so the last thing i need right now is my body having the runs and not absorbing the nutrients it needs.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    try takeing about 1gram at a time

just had to update on here. i took my vit c about an hour ago. i had 5000mg, and about an hour later, my *ss exploded. now i never get the runs, but this did it for me. not sure if this happens near the beginning until your body gets used to the high dose or if i should lower my dose a bit, but i'm gonna be lowering it to about 2500 a dose and try to take that 4 times a day unless anyone says otherwise. looking to bulk, so the last thing i need right now is my body having the runs and not absorbing the nutrients it needs.
    dont take so much in a serving. 2 grams at one time and spread it out alot

The same thing happened to me but I stuck to the 5000 mg x 3 dose anyway. I didn't have that problem again but for the last five days I've been farting constantly. Now that the farts haven't gone away, I will break it down to 3000mg x 5 a day and see what happens.

The same thing happened to me but I stuck to the 5000 mg x 3 dose anyway. I didn't have that problem again but for the last five days I've been farting constantly. Now that the farts haven't gone away, I will break it down to 3000mg x 5 a day and see what happens.
    i cut down to 2500mg per serving now and all seems good. i'm only doing it 4 times a day, as it seems that's about the max i can tolerate right now without it bothering my stomach. funny, i can eat like a garbage disposal and never get more than gas, but all it took was a little too much vit c to send me screaming to the toilet like a little girl having her first period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information