steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

anyone work for a gym???

what up guys i was woundering if anyone here worked for a gym selling gym memberships ?? a buddy of mine does it and he is makeing some pretty good money about 3-5g's a month depending on sales, and he offered me a job today i told him i would get back with him by monday so if anyone has done it or does it let me know if it's worth it..

notus is offline Member
    I have worked at golds gym but right now I work at T7 fitness. You can make good money depending on how the "ups" are given.

the ups??? wtf is that

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    the ups??? wtf is that
    "ups" is the sales term for customer. They usually are not dispersed evenly. How does this gym determine who will get walk inns, telephone inquiries and other leads produced by the company. Normally the newbie only gets his self generated customers so buisness can be slow for awhile.

i see, well my buddy is makein some serious cash and i need a job bad so i may take it

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i see, well my buddy is makein some serious cash and i need a job bad so i may take it
    If you need a job take it, there is usually a base pay. who knows you may be a "superstar" sales person and make a ton of cash.

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    I did membership sales for a year and a half for a very well known gym in NY. YEs you can make very good money and its a mad chill enviroment. For me the business is very up and down. Jnury you make the most money, I had a two week paycheck for 3,000 if january just slinging memberships. In june, july and august you make sh#t money. If your gonna do it get in now before everyone makes their new years resolution. I had a base pay of $6 hour but got $50-$70 per sale. Now I work a 9-5 weekends off but still miss the enviroment.

HULKBOY is offline Member
    i wanna work at a gym and they were hiring at the golds by my house a while ago. dam i wish i woulda went for a job there.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i dunno...i worked at bally's and 24 hour (not in sales, but knew all the sales guys). all the guys would bitch about the fat people wasting their time. they would sell memberships but most of the time people would just get their free 10 day pass or whatever. those poor bastards had a call list every day and had to leave the same damn message over and over...of course they never call back. i guess if you get in a good location, or where a new gym is popping up it wouldnt be bad. But sales would be my personal hell. i cant deal with people.

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah you have to be at the right gym. Before taking the job make sure to ask what the sales quota is monthly on a average and if the gym hits their sales golas or what. Talk to some of the sales people that work there and get some feedback from them. I made more money than every trainer in the gym and close to what the manager did and I just talked all day to members and workers it was definetaly fun. BAllys I heard is horrible to work for. I worked at New York Sports Club which paid good commisions.

Thread Information