JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

My gym sucks.....

so i went to the gym to work out, and i swear they close at 11.....i got there at 930, warmed up and everything, and in the middle of lunges the dude starts turning off the tvs and lights......fvckers close at 10. i was mad.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i hate my gym 24 hr fitness just full of posers but its the only one open when i workout before work (4 am ) sucks for me

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    every gym has posers

mine hardly has any women in it which is annoying - mind u i am usually only in the free weight section so i probably dont see half of them

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be worse, here at school I have to plan everything around certain times of the day b/c you can't just go whenever you want. Their are only certain times where there isn't a line to get in . Imagine waiting 45mins just to get in then waiting more time with the jerks wasting your time doing nothing

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    The college gym I work out closes for fukin football games home and away. How ghey is that?

harl is offline Associate Member
    my gym closes at 9pm.....feel lucky.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harl
    my gym closes at 9pm.....feel lucky.

has that dude in your avator ever considered getting his skinny ass to the gym?

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    My gym sucks more than your gym!

Closes at 10 P.M., --6 P.M. on week-ends.

No stiff-legged deadlift stand. No dumbells heavier than 110 lbs. Only ONE incline bench. No drink bar. Anti-social staff. No powerlifting allowed. (It's a Gold's, if you haven't guessed yet.)

-BigLittleTim

chest6 is offline Banned
    No powerlifting..whats that mean? You cant do deadlifts and squats and bench or something? My dumbells stop at 100lbs pisses me off. Ill be doin incline db and have to go like 15 reps its annoying as hell

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Were not allowed T-bar rows in the corner damnit

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    heck my gym closes at 9pm m-f and at 4pm on the weekend. I am lucky at least because they said I could have a key if I wanted but if anything happens I hate to be blamed.

What is the deal with Golds not letting you powerlift?? are they only looking for p*ssies to come work out there? Do they decide what is power lifting? Excuse me sir there is no lifting more than 300lbs in this gym you will need to leave now... please.

Yeah our gym dumbbells only got to 110 and there is only one set of each so if you need something and all the "talkers" are working out you are screwed.

If I had the money I would open a gym and have none of those crappy machines just tons and tons of free weights, racks and benches.. no fancy pretty t-shirts and juice bars.. wimps need not apply for a membership.

oldman

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    No powerlifting..whats that mean? You cant do deadlifts and squats and bench or something? My dumbells stop at 100lbs pisses me off. Ill be doin incline db and have to go like 15 reps its annoying as hell

Yes, it's true. It even says it on the membership card you have to swipe when you check in:

No chalk
    No powerlifting
    No dropping weights
    No tank-tops (!!??!)

I asked about it and the friendly manager said that it's "not gonna be THAT kind'a gym." (what kind of gym would that be? A REAL one?)

On the plus side, they do have a special women-only gym, daycare center, and lots n' lots of treadmills.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I travel a lot for work so I keep my Bally's membership active (although I don't lift at Bally's when I'm home) no offense to you guys in the north east but the Bally's up there (NJ and NY) are pitiful. usually small with limited weights and what equipment they do have is circa 1980. I remember benching at one place in NJ (the whole gym was barely bigger than my garage) and my back stuck to the bench because they had duct taped the padding back together!

But still someone made the best point... the worst gym is the one that's too crowded. (that would be bally's in Miami)

~R
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 10-24-2005 at 12:36 PM.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i used to workout at ballys but they had shitty hours. joined 24 hour and its great.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    oh ya, and the music they play i think its called rave or house music, i bring my portable cd with something like pantera or slipknot ect.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    The college gym I work out closes for fukin football games home and away. How ghey is that?

Sweeney (sp) hall?

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i used to workout at ballys but they had shitty hours. joined 24 hour and its great.

Me too (and I even managed some ballys)

decadbal is offline Banned
    gyms are what you make them.. if u go in and pay attention to everyone, youll never be happy.. just do your thing.. and go home..

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    gyms are what you make them.. if u go in and pay attention to everyone, youll never be happy.. just do your thing.. and go home..
    thats why the mp3 player is the best thing since sliced bread. cant stand when people are standing in the way talking to each other, or grutning while they lift, or dropping weights.....i dont even look at anyone.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    My gym has a lot of @ssh0les who do biceps in a squat rack;-(

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    thats why the mp3 player is the best thing since sliced bread. cant stand when people are standing in the way talking to each other, or grutning while they lift, or dropping weights.....i dont even look at anyone.
    ditto.

the worst gym ive ever been in was one in germany. sorry if anyone is german...but, do you guys shower? the whole place reeked of onions and b.o.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    The best advice yet. If you're so busy looking at everyone else, you aren't helping yourself. My rule #2 don't let other peoples priorities dictate my own sucess or failure.

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal

Thread Information