broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Can all of us look bodybuilderesque???

Are some of us never going to have that "bodybuilder" look? I was talking this over with a few people this week, and have concluded that I don't have the bodybuilder body. Not that I don't think I am not going to get big, just a different big...Is this making sense? What do you guys think? I personally think Hard gainers are the ones that get friggin huge, as strange as it sounds...

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member
    Im new to the board but I thought I would chime in since I'm not doing anything but surfing anyways. I would like to think that anyone who puts the effort and has some sound advice to go on (i.e. nutrition, workout habbits etc) can get the look. Personnaly, I think I have a good base if I could just drop the 30lbs of fat I carry around. I have good strength and size, but that damn fat holds on for dear life! Working through it though so maybe some day I'll be able to give a success story post.

I used to agree with ya bro...but I think I look like a powerlifter, and not a bodybuilder. I just don't know if I'm engineered to look like that...here's an old pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can all of us look bodybuilderesque???-flex2.jpg  

what were your specs in that pic Josh?

6'2" 255 at 15%bf...18" bic, 19" neck, 36" waist...That was 4 weeks ago. I'm 265 right now

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    bro, u look good. maybe u should lay off the weight gaining cycles and look to get shreaded if thats what ur terming a body builders look. i think u could def do it. go with the higher reps, less breaks, more sets workout and cut your already thick body up man., sounds like ur just dissappointed. you can do it, there are tons of people on the board who could help you and would love to. peace bro, keep workin ur ass off

well you look awsome man. I'm by no means an expert but I would say if you dropped another 8%bf you would have the look you want and be frigg'n huge to boot. My specs are close, sorta, to yours so you have the look I'm shooting for. 6-00, 255, 24%bf, 17bi's, 18 1/2 neck now. hoping to get down to 230ish 10%bf

I don't think I have the size to cut yet though. I still have 10 weeks left of the bulker I'm on now, and hoping to be close to 280 at the end. I figure then, I may cut down. In that pic I am 255 at 15%, what weight would I be at say 10%?

if you stayed at the same amount of lbm and dropped 5% of bf, you would be at about 242 if my math is right

my goal is 265 at 10-12%...I stil don't think I have the "look". This tread wasn't just about me. Do you guys think that the guys that get huge and ripped, are the hard gainers?

By hard gainer (remember i'm new) do you mean someone who has a hard time putting on the lbm? If so, I would not classify you in that. 10lbs of lbm in 4 weeks sounds pretty good.

but to answer your question, i think the guys that get huge and ripped are the ones that just have everything dialed in. they finally figured out that magic combo of nutrition/training/supps that works for them. I also think that that magic combo is out there somewhere for all of us. Or at least I hope it is lol. But then again, what do I know, I've been searching for that combo for 8 straight months now.

oh, i don't think of myself as a "hard gainer" at all. I think of hard gainers as guys that put on very little fat, are very tight, and have to work hard to put on muscle mass. With juice, I think they achieve an increadible look...

ah. don't know if i fit that description or not. time will tell i guess

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I agree with you BroncoJosh, as we discussed last night, you and I probably will never look like Berry, Eye_Candy, Mike_XXL, Dr. Derek or Kid Shred no matter what we do.

There are people genetically gifted to look like *that* and then there are the majority of people like you and me, who can look GREAT no doubt, but can never achieve the look that will ever be able to get us on a bodybuilding stage.

Keep working hard though kid, I have a great deal of respect for you and what you CAN accomplish.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Hey bronco, you have a very interesting point. I too have wondered if at all possible. But bro, after you finish bulking go on a cutting type of diet/workout/cycle. If you don't look like a bb, then I will know that it's not possible for some. You are friggin huge dude. I am kinda scared what you are gonna look like when you start cutting. I think your hugeness is going to look even bigger when you drop the bf %. Also, if you find how to get from 15-16% down to 10% please share it with me. I have always tended to plateau around 15% myself. I am trying to bulk right now myself and probably will on the next round also, but I sure would like to hear how it goes for you. Have you ever ran any winny at end of your cycle? I am considering this and was just curious bro.

By the way, for what it's worth, you look damn good now. Your hard work is definitely noticable!!!!

Peace,

ttgb

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I do see what your saying bronco, I've thought that myself looking at the pictures here. I see a bunch of guys that started off skinny and blew up. Hell even Kev started off like that. But then I look at pics like Big man from AR and think I have a chance. I for one still carry way too much fat to get any idea if i will ever have a BB body however I agree with you I dont see myself ever looking like that. Genetics suck...well at least for me anyways.

superbeast is offline Member
    You might be right, Josh. It is especially harder for taller people like yourself. You have to have a lot more mass than a shorter person. That is why you don't see very many taller pros anymore. The last pics I posted, I was 6'3", 260 and 8%. I still didn't look the way I want to. In my mind, to look truly huge, I would have to weigh at least 280-290 and be lean. I'm sure it is possible, but I'm not sure I'll ever get there, or that I want to. Being that size can be painful.

theron is offline Associate Member
    Many of us don't have the Time,Money,or dedication to have the body of what the pros have in the sport of Bodybuilding.

I completely agree with you SuperBeast...Right now, my goals have nothing to do with competing, or looking like a competetor...I want to be 265, be able to jump rope, and have nothing jiggle...haha

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that it all comes down to genetics. Either you have it or you don't. Some bodys can handle more mass then others, if not, you're SOL! I hope i have the frame for it, but only time will tell.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Full Intensity
    I think that it all comes down to genetics. Either you have it or you don't. Some bodys can handle more mass then others, if not, you're SOL! I hope i have the frame for it, but only time will tell.
    From what I have seen FI I think you do. I could see you packing on at least 40-50 lbs easily

Go for it bro!

solid90062 is offline Member
    I like to think that its POSSIBLE for anyone to do it. It may not be likely, but I certainly think it is achievable with the right amount of dedication.
    THERON makes a valid point: "Many of us don't have the Time,Money,or dedication to have the body of what the pros have in the sport of Bodybuilding." This is a fact.
    However Broncojosh asks, "Can we look bodybuilderesque? I would say YES!.
    Whether we can is a far reach from whether we will.
    In no way am I saying that everyone can be an Elite pro...Genetics is the big factor there, but I certainly think that we can all look like we belong in the "same room" with the proper training, diet, and drugs.

fookingrad is offline New Member
    I think I need to chime in here. Lets all remember the grass is greener on the other side. Meaning if your naturally heavy you get larger easier but can't rip as easy, if your naturally thinner you rip easily but can't build as readily. And coming from a frame as thin as they come I can argue the other side. I believe that it takes the right combination of diet/workout/supps for the right person, but truthfully the major contributor is not one of these. THE MOST IMPORTANT KEY TO SUCCESS IS DEDICATION. Building takes time. NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP. This is so true im gonna make it my quote.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i was a powerlifter for years bro, and i looked like one. when i switched to bodybuilding, it didnt happen right away, but it did happen, i started to look like a bodybuilder. you get to a point where you dont gain much weight, everything seems to just reposition itself in the right place. time brother, it takes time. but, its 100% attainable. as i always say, bad genetics is an excuse lazy people use for not reaching there goals.

latman49 is offline Member
    Some people carry their weight different than others. I only weigh 195 at 6'1'', but I look about 10 lbs heavier because of the way I carry my weight. I'm not comparing myself to Arnold, but he never got higher than 245-250 at 6'1" but he looked a hell of a lot bigger than that. Some guys can weigh 270 and only look 240 or so. I know a guy that plays defensive line for the college I just graduated from that weighs 280 but doesn't look a pound over 230. It is really weird. Not all bodies carry weight the same.

Thread Information