CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot

My son decided to accept Jesus into his heart!!!!!

Last night the family and I were watching a TV show together and at the end of the show it showed a baby being Babtized (Catholic Religion)..........My 7 year old son asked what they were doing to the baby............... Now I come from a Catholic side with my dad and Babtist with my Mom, and my family and I are members at a Babtist church now......... My son first asked what it meant to be Babtized......... I explained to him that there is a difference between Religions on Babtizim. I explained that he had not been Babtized as a baby (since his mom and I decided toghether to raise him in a Babtist Religion) And that in the Babtist religion it resembles that a person has accepted Jesus into their heart........ He then began to worry that he had not accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior and immediatly expressed he wanted to do so........... So I explained how and he was very excited to do so......

It was an awsome feeling to be there with my son to embrace this wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CRUISECONTROL; 10-26-2005 at 02:08 PM.

ThePump is offline Member
    that's great news. i'm not a real religious person by any means. but i am very spiritual and i love and trust the lord. i dont practice going to church and stuff but i do lead my life with love. that is great man... i'm happy for you and ur son. i think it's better for a child to wait till there older until they understand what god is and such rather then getting them baptized when there infants and having no idea and can't remember it. he's at a good age. congrats and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ThePump
    that's great news. i'm not a real religious person by any means. but i am very spiritual and i love and trust the lord. i dont practice going to church and stuff but i do lead my life with love. that is great man... i'm happy for you and ur son. i think it's better for a child to wait till there older until they understand what god is and such rather then getting them baptized when there infants and having no idea and can't remember it. he's at a good age. congrats and good luck
    IMO the Babtizim as a baby for Catholics is similar to the Deditcation of children to God in the Babtist religion.......... Either way as you get older you will decide to accept or deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    He then began to worry that he had not accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior and immediatly expressed he wanted to do so
    Why do you think he began to worry?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Why do you think he began to worry?
    Cause when I explained that they were Babtizing the baby so that she would go to heaven and that he had not been Babtized he thought he wasnt going to heaven............ But I exlpained in further detail what the difference in religious beliefs were.
    Last edited by CRUISECONTROL; 10-26-2005 at 09:36 AM.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    so if you dont get baptized your not going to heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    so if you dont get baptized your not going to heaven?
    The Catholic Religion believes that by Babtizing a baby is a way of dedictating that child to God so that the baby will go to heaven..........
    Babtist believe that you dedicate your child to God simply by doing so in front of the church without a Babtizim and that once you get saved you get Babtized to symbolize your being saved...........

IMO every child goes to Heaven whether or not they are babtized or dedicated to God or whatever because thier souls are pure!!!!!!!!! and once they are old enough to know and understand that there is a God and to accept him as their Lord and Savior then that determines their going to heaven
    Last edited by CRUISECONTROL; 10-26-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Look everyone I did not post this to get into a religious debate on what it takes to get to heaven!!!!!!!!!

I was just very excited that my son wants to have Jesus in his heart!!!!!!!!!!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Look everyone I did not post this to get into a religious debate on what it takes to get to heaven!!!!!!!!!

I was just very excited that my son wants to have Jesus in his heart!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome! I know that had to be a great feeling! congrats!

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    i wasnt flammin or anything.jus wondered

decadbal is offline Banned
    baptist, and southern baptists must be diff, im SB, and to us, being baptised is being reborn into the world as a child of god. you have to be saved, or accept JC as your savior prior to this.

decadbal is offline Banned
    oh and congrats to you and him, good to see and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    baptist, and southern baptists must be diff, im SB, and to us, being baptised is being reborn into the world as a child of god. you have to be saved, or accept JC as your savior prior to this.
    Your right its the same at my church

The Catholic religion is where you are Babtized as a baby

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    oh and congrats to you and him, good to see and God Bless
    Thanks you too

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Cruise that is fantastic news nothing can be more exciting than knowing that your child will spend all eternity with our Lord and Savior.

To clarify what has come up in this thread about children being baptized as babies. In many religions babies are "dedicated" to the Lord but it is not for the child's sake it is actually the parents making a public announcement that they are going to raise the child in the way of the church. Just like when you are baptized as an adult, when you truly become a believer you are not saved by baptism you are saved by the Grace of God, confession of your sins, asking for forgiveness and then accepting Jesus into you heart as your Lord.. Now many will say baptism is a requirement but it is not but it is something the bible teaches should be done because you should be a Christian in the world not a Christian hidden away where no one can see and baptism does that it is your public confession of faith.

Okay that is the Religion lesson part of our show.

Oldman

PS, CC again congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    i wasnt flammin or anything.jus wondered
    Ok thats cool

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    that is great CC!!

Thread Information