31uniform is offline Associate Member

Us Army Ranger School

Anyone hear been to Ranger school? If so, do you have any tips to get through. Im going in febuary and any advice would help. Thanks.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    im a x marine so no ranger school but been through recon school and its pretty tough too, strong will and determination bro and you WILL MAKE IT! many others just like you did and so will you. and thanks for protecting our asses USA

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Going to ft. benning? My brother went there and pussed out

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'm not US military. But I'm in the military twenty years now (retiring with a pension next year) and the best bit of advice I received going in was "son, when times get tough and you think your gonna drop out, take a look at just ONE person who made it and think to yourself "this isn't humanly impossible". Every single course I've done in the army after that I remembered that advice, and have passed it along to many since.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    this is a bit of a hijck but my brother is the navy about to go to buds for seal training and ALL of his books as far asm training and such goes are MADE IN CHINA WTF?!?

decadbal is offline Banned
    ive been, and finished it... the main thing is already mentioned... when u wanna quit, think of those who didnt, look around and see the other guys who are sucking as much as you are and they arnt quitting... or your could quit... and go around ashamed for the rest of your pathetic phuckin life.. i hope not tho.. the main thing i did was set short term goals, like if can make it to noon, then till dark, then thru the night...day after day.. that worked for me, then break it into phases... after that, keep it short in your mind, and think of it as something you can wear and call yourself for the rest of your life... Good Luck, RLTW and kiss the darby queen for me, i almost miss her..hahaha

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    good luck bro.

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    Thanks.

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Good luck and thanks for stepping up to the plate. Never did it, but those I know who did said its just more head games and they lost a lot of weight in a short time. Protect your knees, warm up, don't get hurt, be careful where you pizz, and refuse to be part of the food chain.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    The most important thing is to NEVER GIVE UP, NO MATTER WHAT, EVEN IF YOU THINK IT IS KILLING YOU! Toughness springs from the mind, Girlfriend, not from big delts and triceps or turtle-shell abs. A contest-condition bodybuilder will probably be the first to wash out, even if he has the attitude. You need a reasonable amount of bodyfat. You should be fit, particularly from a cardiovascular standpoint. Excessive muscle is generally useless and is a severe liability because you have to carry around all that muscle that you don't generally get much use out of. Look at the body of the average triathlete, mentally run the BF up to about 16%, and you have the ideal fitness and physique for getting through this. Practice going long periods of time with no sleep and performing complex tasks. Definitely build up your blood with plenty of B-complex. And remember, no matter how impossible it seems to continue, NEVER GIVE UP! That is what they are looking for! If you are reasonably intelligent and resourceful, they can teach you all the snake-eater stuff, but it is wasted on someone with less than superhuman resolve.

Don't start this while you have mental distractions like a relationship gone sour or while wrestling with personal issues. This will require focus.

Good luck, Darling. You can do this thing.

Love
    Anna

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Qutting is easy, but you have to live with it and this is tough

also for RS, get prepare for lack of sleep, the PT isnt super tought but they beat you down on the lack of sleep and how you react to it, so be prepare mentally for a mental game of in and out

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    sense of humor bro
    thats what got me through a alot of it,
    when u feel like all shit just be able to make humour of the situation
    and make competition with yourself like push yourself see how hard u can go
    u'd be suprised like i mean as long as your legs can contract and have neural innervation u can keep going

Thread Information