Thread: R.i.p.

scm007 is offline Associate Member

R.i.p.

My dog of 13 1/2 years was put to sleep yesterday. What really makes me mad is that my parents did it without even telling me. And even worse, it was a split second decision, the vet said that the dog wasn't even in pain, but they were tired of having to take care of it. Not a good decision in my book.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sorry bro, one of mines on the way out and its very upsetting.

THE CROW is offline Associate Member
    I hear ya, my parents did the same thing years ago. my dog was only 8 and still had a chance. anti-biotics for a week would have saved her. they just didn't want to spend the money. they said " she hadn't ate for a week" , wish I would have known. I would have got her some help. so, I know what your saying. sorry to hear that!

chest6 is offline Banned
    shit man..that really sucks. I love my dogs a whole lot..theyre my buds. Disappointing they did it without asking you though.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    R.I.P. Doggy. I've had it happen to me. Same situation. Parents did it behind my back. I was furious!!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    My parent gave away my english bulldog without telling me when I moved to Texas for a couple of months and I was so pissed and I had a doberman pup get hit at 5 1/2 months old and I don't think it ever gets easy I have a three year old pit now and can't see myself without a dog so i feel your pain bro.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    i had my dog put down that i had with me from when i was 2-14. it was like losing a part of yourself. you eventually get over it though.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i have 3 dogs now, 2 are over 10 yrs. had 4 but had to put the oldest one down last year he was 14. my dogs are my kids. i wish they lived like 50 yrs!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    since this is the R.I.P thread, my unlce 42 died of brain cancer yesterday...R.I.P uncle mike

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    OMG I'm so sorry! It's so sad to lose a pet and I cant believe your parents didnt tell you they were going to do it. No offense to them but that is an extremely irresponsible and selfish reason to put an animal down. I mean, if they at least told you about it you could have volunteered to take care of the dog yourself!

I had a golden retriever live to be 15 years old (pretty old for that kind of dog) but cancer ate away at her front leg bone and one day out of the blue she could barely stand anymore, she kept collapsing. My parents were in Italy and I had to take the dog to the vet, there was no choice but to put her down, we found out that she had a tumor on her leg eating away at the bone and a tumor on her pancreas sucking all the red blood cells out of her. She was in a lot of pain and hid it until the end but least I got to stay there with her and say goodbye as she went to sleep, it's much easier on the dog to have someone there with them. It was so sad but I'm glad I had the opportunity to say goodbye.

So sorry about your loss, I'm a huge animal lover in case you cant tell. RIP Doggy!

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    since this is the R.I.P thread, my unlce 42 died of brain cancer yesterday...R.I.P uncle mike
    Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, 42 is too young to go. I hope you and your family are doing okay. RIP Uncle Mike.

Thread Information