GoGetBig is offline New Member

Any one been divorced... Help

So I am dating this girl who has been divorced, does it make sense (it hasnt been a year since they have split up) that she wants to date around before she commits to me? Is it a commitment problem or it is that she has been divorced before, I dont get it.

timvds is offline Member
    How old is she and how long was she married? I dont think it would be uncommon that she wants to play the field a bit.

Nice first post btw. Welcome!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGetBig
    So I am dating this girl who has been divorced, does it make sense (it hasnt been a year since they have split up) that she wants to date around before she commits to me? Is it a commitment problem or it is that she has been divorced before, I dont get it.

Ive thought that if I got a divorce that it would be a long time before I would get married again..if ever.

GoGetBig is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    How old is she and how long was she married? I dont think it would be uncommon that she wants to play the field a bit.

Nice first post btw. Welcome!
    Yeah, its bugging me pretty bad, you can tell huh. She is 24 and she was only married for a year. Yeah, i guess it wouldnt be too weird to play, I guess I am just whipped over her too much.

timvds is offline Member
    Eh, she is also young. I would let her play the field. I mean as long as you are still playing the back nine so to speak. I wouldnt get too twisted up with her though. Be on your guard.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hell yeah, after you've been burned the last thing you want to do is get near fire.

She was married too, which is "usually" a stronger mental bond w/someone than just a relationship. I can see physically and mentally why she wants to do her own thing.

I'd do that myself if I were you. No time to get whipped by someone like this, you ain't gonna win.

~SC~

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i always tell myself if i ever get divorced i will never ever remarry or get into a long term reationship!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I dated a girl that at the time was a couple months since the divorce and we messed around but that's it I could see that's all it was a hookup but that was good enough for me at the time so it depends if you wanna have fun or be committed to someone.

timvds is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    i always tell myself if i ever get divorced i will never ever remarry or get into a long term reationship!
    Same here. I was separated last year. I dated around a bit. Seems like they all wanted to settle down. I told them all up front that i wasnt into being in a long term relationship. They all tried to change that though.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    The more she wants to be single, the more you want to lock her down (human nature), but you have to resist that temptation and urge and just be the fun F-Buddy that she needs right now.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Standard recommendation from counsellors to newly divorced folks is not to have a serious relationship for at least a year.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    just ask yourself what would chuck norris do?

lol seriosly i would let it go... the nicest way she could put it.. is she wants to slut around for a bit and if ur still around when shes done then shel have you... id say to hell with that brother sounds like garbage to me... go on your gut instinct tho... the first thing u think is usually right

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bang her one last time, giver her a Donkey Punch, and them move on......

That is All....

Thread Information