Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 72
  1. #1
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964

    Reasons i will probably never compete

    i love bodybuilding and the hard work, that ultimately shows on my body in the form of muscle growth. I immensely enjoy these prospects.

    However, the thought of competing to me does not have a very positive tone for several reasons. I used to think otherwise, but after reading about what you really must do to compete, my thoughts have completely changed.

    1) These days, most people competing often take dieuretics, often abusing them to help them achieve a "Shrinkwrapped" look. I even read a column where Lee Priest said it can be dangerous- and deadly- yet they are forced to do it. He was agreeing with a column Arnold wrote, how this is one aspect of competitive bodybuilding that has stooped downhill.

    2) to compete, you have to cut your bodyfat down to extremely low levels- abnormally low- and in the process you must deplete carbs; i've read this makes many people feel excessively tired, drowsy, etc. Additionally, i have heard many people who do contests actually lose strength afterwards- so therefore you take a few steps back in the process.

    3) you have to shave your whole body! my girlfriend would not like that one single bit

    4)Even if you win, you usually don't receive cash prizes unless you are in the pro level......just a trophee.

    So you have to put your body through all of this additional hell, and even if you win you get no money? i don't really understand the desire.

    I can think of many ways to make money off of a good physique- fitness modeling, personal training, hell even porn, although i'd probably never stoop to that low of a level

  2. #2
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Bodybuilding + Steroids = recreational for me however your number 3 should be left off. I can't stand hair!!!!

  3. #3
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Bodybuilding + Steroids = recreational for me however your number 3 should be left off. I can't stand hair!!!!
    frankly i could care less about it, but my girlfriend likes...

  4. #4
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    But you're right with everything else. It's a 2 way path. You either take it or you don't. I would have taken that path if I'd gotten into bodybuilding at a real early age and had taken it serious. Would have been pro now at the tender age of 26.
    Last edited by Smak; 10-28-2005 at 09:44 PM.

  5. #5
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    i started at a pretty young age too........but that really isn't the point for me anyway

    i want to be huge, monstorously comic-book style huge,i have an immense desire for that, but, i don't want to have to almost kill myself preparing for a competition

  6. #6
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    i started at a pretty young age too........but that really isn't the point for me anyway

    i want to be huge, monstorously comic-book style huge,i have an immense desire for that, but, i don't want to have to almost kill myself preparing for a competition
    I just want to be a lean mean puzzy gettin machine

  7. #7
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    i started at a pretty young age too........but that really isn't the point for me anyway

    i want to be huge, monstorously comic-book style huge,i have an immense desire for that, but, i don't want to have to almost kill myself preparing for a competition
    your already killing yourself by taking steroids ... you just dont hear about it. I know 2 people who are now on kidney dialasys for the rest of their life... but they done like 9 cycles. I suggest reading this book...it just came out last month...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

  8. #8
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    your already killing yourself by taking steroids ... you just dont hear about it. I know 2 people who are now on kidney dialasys for the rest of their life... but they done like 9 cycles. I suggest reading this book...it just came out last month...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
    I'm sure the kidney dialasys wasn't from just taking steroids, but probably by misusing them. They probably didn't know what the fuk they were doing and you wonder why steroids get a bad rep.
    Last edited by Smak; 10-28-2005 at 10:05 PM.

  9. #9
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    I'm sure the kidney dialasys wasn't from just taking steroids . They probably didn't know what the fuk they were doing and you wonder why steroids get a bad rep.
    no one ever does only ONE cycle...you see good results your going to do another and another. you want to look like arnold ?? do you have the money for 4 heart bypasses by the time you are 60 ? Im sure if he had to do it again he wouldnt do steroids....we'll see on his interveiw on 60 minutes on friday.

  10. #10
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    no one ever does only ONE cycle...you see good results your going to do another and another. you want to look like arnold ?? do you have the money for 4 heart bypasses by the time you are 60 ? Im sure if he had to do it again he wouldnt do steroids....we'll see on his interveiw on 60 minutes on friday.
    Arnold's bypass surgery wasn't caused by steroids moron. He had a heart condition when he was born. I don't think anyone here wants to hear such rhetoric from a newbie. Now go along and play biatch.

  11. #11
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Arnold's bypasses weren't caused by steroids moron. He had a heart condition when he was born.
    prove it

  12. #12
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    prove it
    ok hold up i'll prove it to you.

  13. #13
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    The list of pro bodybuilders who have suffered serious health problems or died over the past decade is long and growing. But an exact count isn't possible because not all those with illnesses say their problems are related to drug abuse. All of the following men competed in the Arnold Classic, the pro invitational contest held annually in Columbus, Ohio, under the patronage of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. The governor himself underwent heart surgery at age 49, but has steadfastly denied that it was related to steroid use .

    Mohammed "Momo" Benaziza died in his hotel room in the Netherlands in October 1992 after competing in the Holland Grand Prix contest. Doctors linked his death to abuse of diuretics that bodybuilders use to lose water, in the process allowing themselves to appear hard and ripped.

    Paul Dillett, a Canadian competitor dubbed "Freakazoid" who weighed about 300 pounds, froze on stage while hitting a double bicep pose at the Arnold Classic in 1994. A few men had to move Dillett into a horizontal position and carry him offstage. The problem: dehydration linked to diuretics.

    Andreas Munzer, an Austrian like his idol Schwarzenegger, died of multiple organ failure 12 days after competing in the 1996 Arnold Classic. For years, he had used heavy amounts of steroids and human growth hormones.

    Kenny "Flex" Wheeler won the Arnold show four times. He admits to using steroids for 18 years and says he suffered serious health problems. Two years ago, he underwent a kidney transplant.

    Don Long, who competed in Schwarzenegger's show in 1997 through '99, also underwent a kidney transplant. In an interview in March's Muscular Development magazine, he says doctors blamed steroids for his health problems.

    Mike Matarazzo, who lives in Modesto, underwent a triple heart bypass operation last December at age 39. An online interview with the three-time Arnold competitor hints that steroids played a role in his sudden health problem.

  14. #14
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    The list of pro bodybuilders who have suffered serious health problems or died over the past decade is long and growing. But an exact count isn't possible because not all those with illnesses say their problems are related to drug abuse. All of the following men competed in the Arnold Classic, the pro invitational contest held annually in Columbus, Ohio, under the patronage of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. The governor himself underwent heart surgery at age 49, but has steadfastly denied that it was related to steroid use .

    Mohammed "Momo" Benaziza died in his hotel room in the Netherlands in October 1992 after competing in the Holland Grand Prix contest. Doctors linked his death to abuse of diuretics that bodybuilders use to lose water, in the process allowing themselves to appear hard and ripped.Paul Dillett, a Canadian competitor dubbed "Freakazoid" who weighed about 300 pounds, froze on stage while hitting a double bicep pose at the Arnold Classic in 1994. A few men had to move Dillett into a horizontal position and carry him offstage. The problem: dehydration linked to diuretics. <-- diuretics aren't considered steroids<p>
    Andreas Munzer, an Austrian like his idol Schwarzenegger, died of multiple organ failure 12 days after competing in the 1996 Arnold Classic. For years, he had used heavy amounts of steroids and human growth hormones. They say he used heavy amounts yet they didn't give a specific reason for his death.
    Kenny "Flex" Wheeler won the Arnold show four times. He admits to using steroids for 18 years and says he suffered serious health problems. Two years ago, he underwent a kidney transplant. - Read his book and he will tell you that his condition also is hereditary.

    Don Long, who competed in Schwarzenegger's show in 1997 through '99, also underwent a kidney transplant. In an interview in March's Muscular Development magazine, he says doctors blamed steroids for his health problems.

    Mike Matarazzo, who lives in Modesto, underwent a triple heart bypass operation last December at age 39. An online interview with the three-time Arnold competitor hints that steroids played a role in his sudden health problem.
    - I imagine Matarazzo never came off

    These are all really bad examples.
    Last edited by Smak; 10-28-2005 at 10:23 PM.

  15. #15
    24labor's Avatar
    24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Autobot City
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    - I imagine Matarazzo never came off

    These are all really bad examples.
    I read the Matarazzo article in flex the first thing he says caused his surgery was steroids , but if you look at his diet he ate like 3 lbs of red meat a day. Thats not good for anyone, I feel that high doses of iron which has been proven to cause heart problems such as mikes. I'm sure constant abuse not use of steroids helped to but a lot of old school BB from 70s, 80 and early 90's diet was red meat, high in iron. Just mt .02

  16. #16
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I read the Matarazzo article in flex the first thing he says caused his surgery was steroids, but if you look at his diet he ate like 3 lbs of red meat a day. Thats not good for anyone, I feel that high doses of iron which has been proven to cause heart problems such as mikes. I'm sure constant abuse not use of steroids helped to but a lot of old school BB from 70s, 80 and early 90's diet was red meat, high in iron. Just mt .02
    Exactly. But they list all these illnesses they have and then blame them on steroid use which is the easy thing to do because everyone wants you to see steroids as being evil and the reason behind all their health problems.

  17. #17
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    dude

    if you listened to the hbo realsports special months ago, several people being interviewed discussed that they have known many, thousands of people who have used steroids , but NEVER HAD ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS

    explain that then

    I haven't even heard of pros getting problems - well with the exception of a few you can count on one hand as you mentioned above. Paul Demayo died of heroin overdoes, NOTHING to do with juice. Can you imagine how many grams of gear per week someone like Ronnie or Jay is on? MANY, MANY MANY more times than i would even think of taking
    Last edited by ward065; 10-28-2005 at 10:33 PM.

  18. #18
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    From those examples he gave both arnold and flex wheeler's are hereditary. Mike abused them and probably never came off and the other guy was using diuretics which we know is dangerous and is like playing russian roulette with your body. And Don Long SAYS he blames steroids , but there's no evidence.

  19. #19
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    no comment...

  20. #20
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    You can deny it all you want... these people were only mentioned because they are pros...think about all the rest that have health problems that we never hear about. Does this mean I will stop juicing? NO...because I am not that worried about my health because I am young...20 years old. There is a reason that they are a banned substance and its not just to stop the kids from using it...STEROID USE = ABUSE !!!

  21. #21
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    you look good bro, how much you bench? (just curious, judging by those pics id guess a lot)

  22. #22
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    You can deny it all you want... these people were only mentioned because they are pros...think about all the rest that have health problems that we never hear about. Does this mean I will stop juicing? NO...because I am not that worried about my health because I am young...20 years old. There is a reason that they are a banned substance and its not just to stop the kids from using it...STEROID USE = ABUSE !!!
    jackass.

  23. #23
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    You can deny it all you want... these people were only mentioned because they are pros...think about all the rest that have health problems that we never hear about. Does this mean I will stop juicing? NO...because I am not that worried about my health because I am young...20 years old. There is a reason that they are a banned substance and its not just to stop the kids from using it...STEROID USE = ABUSE !!!
    You sound like you work for ESPN.

  24. #24
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    You can deny it all you want... these people were only mentioned because they are pros...think about all the rest that have health problems that we never hear about. Does this mean I will stop juicing? NO...because I am not that worried about my health because I am young...20 years old. There is a reason that they are a banned substance and its not just to stop the kids from using it...STEROID USE = ABUSE !!!
    you sound hipocritical of yourself........make up your mind

    steroid abuse is steroid abuse, steroid use is steroid use. Steroid abuse not = steroid use

    steroid abuse would be for instance, i stayed on 5 grams of test and 3 grams of tren with 300mg anadrol /day every week for 5 years. some pros i think do at least that much

  25. #25
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    dude

    if you listened to the hbo realsports special months ago, several people being interviewed discussed that they have known many, thousands of people who have used steroids , but NEVER HAD ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS

    explain that then

    I haven't even heard of pros getting problems - well with the exception of a few you can count on one hand as you mentioned above. Paul Demayo died of heroin overdoes, NOTHING to do with juice. Can you imagine how many grams of gear per week someone like Ronnie or Jay is on? MANY, MANY MANY more times than i would even think of taking
    several people interveiwed ?? I only saw 2 ... and this 70 year old knows THOUSANDS of people who took steroids....LOL i think they went to his head!!! and the other guys is probably supporting it because he sells it...or he is using bunk gear...because for cycling as many years as he did and looking like that...something doesnt sound right.... I thought he was natural when i saw him.

  26. #26
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    You can abuse anything, not just steroids and use is not abuse.

  27. #27
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    heh i'm going to sleep. payce.

  28. #28
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    you sound hipocritical of yourself........make up your mind

    steroid abuse is steroid abuse, steroid use is steroid use. Steroid abuse not = steroid use

    steroid abuse would be for instance, i stayed on 5 grams of test and 3 grams of tren with 300mg anadrol/day every week for 5 years. some pros i think do at least that much
    your still abusing your body running 500 ml of test or taking any oral steroid... you think you are doing your body a favor ?? LOL IDIOT

  29. #29
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    several people interveiwed ?? I only saw 2 ... and this 70 year old knows THOUSANDS of people who took steroids....LOL i think they went to his head!!! and the other guys is probably supporting it because he sells it...or he is using bunk gear...because for cycling as many years as he did and looking like that...something doesnt sound right.... I thought he was natural when i saw him.
    whatever.......no sense arguing with you.

    show me proof and then ill maybe listen

  30. #30
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    your still abusing your body running 500 ml of test or taking any oral steroid... you think you are doing your body a favor ?? LOL IDIOT
    you admitted to doing it yourself already.........i think you are just a new member here looking to cause trouble. you just signed up

  31. #31
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    you admitted to doing it yourself already.........i think you are just a new member here looking to cause trouble. you just signed up
    YES i admit im using it AND YES i admit it is ABUSE...LOL there is no sense argueing because you know I am right... are you that dumb that you think that you are doing something beneficial ? cmon now...dont be dumb !!! you will be one of these people who will believe it when you get health problems of your own. And since your family and doctor doesnt know...they will probably put the blame on something else...other than steroids . You only see external sides like acne and limp dick...just think what your puting your liver/kidneys/heart through. I wonder why AR is selling stuff like cialis and liqued V ... because they know steroids fvck up your natural test. Why arent they selling the book "the steroid deceit" hmmm oh yah because they are promoting steroids

  32. #32
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    im not stupid. you have been a member here for about 3 weeks, and you claim to be omniscent......

    and you are wrong, my family and doctor DO know.......don't be so quick to make assumptions on other people

  33. #33
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    damn i hate you ppl that are so stubborn and claim to be experts after reading everything the media says.

    its no used arguing with him..hes like my gf..stubborn and will never change what they think

  34. #34
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    im not stupid. you have been a member here for about 3 weeks, and you claim to be omniscent......

    and you are wrong, my family and doctor DO know.......don't be so quick to make assumptions on other people
    90% of the people dont tell their family or doctor. Do a search on this board many threads been posted on this. Even I hid my stuff until i was careless and my parents found one of my syringes. And yes I have only been here 3 weeks, but I have been a guest for almost a couple years...you bring this up because if someone with 1000+ posts or more is more believable (is smarter) to you...LOL plz stop NOW HAHAHAHAh and as for studies to prove that steroids are good or bad...THERE ARE NONE...normal people dont want to be a test subject to see what "might" happen. Do you hear on the news every time a drug addict has health problems or dies? NO ...same goes with steroids !!

  35. #35
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    damn i hate you ppl that are so stubborn and claim to be experts after reading everything the media says.

    its no used arguing with him..hes like my gf..stubborn and will never change what they think
    reading everything the media says you havnt even done a cycle so plz dont post kthnx !!

  36. #36
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    reading everything the media says you havnt even done a cycle so plz dont post kthnx !!
    Actually I have...there you go makin shit up again. I guarantee I know more than you...but whatever..continue with your bullshit.

  37. #37
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    the media also says crystal meth is addictive after taking it once or a few times....i guess they are wrong about that too... same with telling kids to not smoke cigarettes...guess they are wrong about the too

  38. #38
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Actually I have...there you go makin shit up again. I guarantee I know more than you...but whatever..continue with your bullshit.
    ok sorry...i thought you only had taken clen from what I read in some of your posts and never any injectable or oral roids like test.

  39. #39
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Actually I have...there you go makin shit up again. I guarantee I know more than you...but whatever..continue with your bullshit.
    this other guy is just here to rile things up.....

    but yes, steroids can cause death. there was an article in a muscle magazine i read once said that there have been people who have abused anadrol , and have had congestive heart failure. and died. key word: abused, they were talking like 1000mgs/ PER DAY. that's 7g of drol per week.

    use vs abuse- not the same.

    for instance, anyone could potentially abuse OTC drugs like tylenol, ibuprofin, and asprin . and death could happen too too from abuse/ massive overdose.
    Last edited by ward065; 10-29-2005 at 12:23 AM.

  40. #40
    GotMilk?'s Avatar
    GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    this other guy is just here to rile things up.....

    but yes, steroids can cause death. there was an article in a muscle magazine i read once said that there have been people who have abused anadrol , and have had congestive heart failure. and died. key word: abused, they were talking like 1000mgs/ PER DAY. that's 7g of drol per week.

    use vs abuse- not the same.

    for instance, anyone could potentially abuse OTC drugs like tylenol, ibuprofin, and asprin . and death could happen too too from abuse/ massive overdose.
    OTC drugs are not banned and steroids ARE because USE = ABUSE !! simple...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •