Thread: Corporate World

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer

Corporate World

I hate it anymore. The job I have started out as a hobby for me just messing around with computers. Through my career I have ended up working for one of the biggest computer companies in the world as a systems engineer. So I make a great living plus at one time this was fun work for me.

Now with most companies off shoring work to India to save money my job has become more of a commodity and is easily off shored to less experienced workers for less money. To the company this doesn't matter as much as the bottom line........$$$$$$$$$

So I have been looking into other ideas and really like the idea of becoming my own boss. I have money saved so I was thinking of buying a established business like a beauty salon, tanning salon, cafe, or a pizza shop.

Has anyone done this? How did it go? Any other ideas? I'm willing to make less money to be happier and have my future in my own hands.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Surprisingly.....i've been a co-owner of a vitamin business but only for a short time (schools more important to me) the company is doing VERY well now...Funds are the one big thing, and if you decide to have a partner make sure its someone that is COMPLETELY trustworthy and that you know for a fact wont become greedy or bad things can happen...

The businesses youve suggested all sound like good ideas...ever considered starting your own supplement company? I'd help you with the markettnig/design of the product labels etc for free.

Thread Information