Thread: Jarhead....

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member

Jarhead....

Anybody seen it yet? Before I waste 8.00 dollars on it. Damn movies are expensive

pump_hungry is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    Anybody seen it yet? Before I waste 8.00 dollars on it. Damn movies are expensive
    Yeah they are, It looks good though, I might risk it

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    I think it looks awesome my girl and I are going to watch it tonight. I will let you know if it is bro.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Going to see it in about an hour! looks good

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    never ever heard of it bro.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i got chills when i saw the previews...think im gonna see it this weekend

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Got back a lil while ago, and I thought it was great! It was probably the most realistic war movie I have ever seen. It wasn't jsut all gun shooting and blowing shit up, but also showed the life of the soldiers when they werent fighting. Also, made me not want to join the marines, and respect those who are already marines A LOT more. Thanks you to those guys!

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    il get the bootleg

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    One of the worst movies of all time. It was hyped to be "the next great American classic"... nope. I'm really not kidding when I say terrible. In all honesty, it was produced and acted well, so that I'll give them. But if I want to watch some show where all guys talked about was boredom that lead to masturbation... and more boredom... which lead to homosexual intercourse... I'd watch a Jay Cutler training video.

ya_man is offline Member
    Uhhhhhh Rrraaaahhhh

Smiley619 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ya_man
    Uhhhhhh Rrraaaahhhh

hahaha.nice avi

Smiley619 is offline Member
    i like jame fox, but the preview i saw with him in it messed that whole movie up fpr me. ill wait for the vid to come out in about 4 months

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I thought the movie was hard as uck. Jamie Foxx was a pimp as usual. Some people didn't like it because they were expecting the sterotypical war movie. This one gets into the head of the soldiers and shows what it's really like and not glamorized by hollywood. I want to read the book next. Any other opinions?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Looks pretty good. Think its one i'll be watching!

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    I thought the movie was hard as uck. Jamie Foxx was a pimp as usual. Some people didn't like it because they were expecting the sterotypical war movie. This one gets into the head of the soldiers and shows what it's really like and not glamorized by hollywood. I want to read the book next. Any other opinions?
    ill second that.....

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    of all the war stories that could be told, this is the most boring of them all. Nice choice.

LoneLifter is offline Associate Member
    Certainly NOT what I expected. No complaints though....if I had gone into the movie with no expectations I would have liked it more.

-LL

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    I had to reply on this before i go to bed. I was Army infantry. My boss was Marine Scout Sniper. My Cousin Marine infantry. Good friend, Marine infantry. This movie sucked and was TERRIBLY wrong because it portrayed the marines as a bunch of sadistic disrespectful crazy son's of b*tches. that is completely 100% wrong. if the M4 would have been locked and loaded the other marine would have calmed the soldier down to put the M4 down. or would have gottent he staff NCO. again, the soldiers showed the NCO's and junior NCO's ABSOLUETLY NO RESPECT!!! that is a total load of horse sh*t. they deserve respect AND get it in the field. another hollywood f*ck up again! I could go on so mcuh more, but im not cus i gotta get some sleep. this movie gets an F for accuracy. the only thing i liked about it was the Moral of the story. And that is, There is no reason for us to even be there.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    I thought it really didn't g anywhere with the story line they really didn't do anything i thought there would be a big point in the movie but there wasn't it just stayeds the same, they should have let them shoot that captain in the tower if they really wanted to.

aletnem is offline New Member

Thumbs down sucked

i went and saw the movie a bid two thumbs down for me it was so boring i fell asleep hell i could have stayed home and done that .....not what i expected at >>>>

decadbal is offline Banned
    its just anothr blow hard marine movie.. making them out to be more than they are...

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    I had to reply on this before i go to bed. I was Army infantry. My boss was Marine Scout Sniper. My Cousin Marine infantry. Good friend, Marine infantry. This movie sucked and was TERRIBLY wrong because it portrayed the marines as a bunch of sadistic disrespectful crazy son's of b*tches. that is completely 100% wrong. if the M4 would have been locked and loaded the other marine would have calmed the soldier down to put the M4 down. or would have gottent he staff NCO. again, the soldiers showed the NCO's and junior NCO's ABSOLUETLY NO RESPECT!!! that is a total load of horse sh*t. they deserve respect AND get it in the field. another hollywood f*ck up again! I could go on so mcuh more, but im not cus i gotta get some sleep. this movie gets an F for accuracy. the only thing i liked about it was the Moral of the story. And that is, There is no reason for us to even be there.
    without having seen it yet, I agree. I'm going to see it tonight. But all my Marine friends tell me it was crap and a waste of money. They all agreed that there were several inaccuracies in it.

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    removed
    Last edited by worldtraveln; 04-27-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information