Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A common threat to Bodybuilders

Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) is a serious area of concern for bodybuilders. Men lift weights for a reason, to obtain positive results. More women, money, fame, and friends are usually the foremost goals. When you lift weights for years and years and either don't see results or find that the reults are unsatisfactory in your opinion, plastic surgery and or an unhealthy obsession with weightlifting (staying in the gym all day long to the point of avoiding other obligations and friends) often ensues.

For those with concerns and comments e-mail me at [email protected]. I'll help the best I can.
    Last edited by FeldMarshellPotter; 11-04-2005 at 05:43 PM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    r u serious

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    r u serious
    He can't be... he has more issues than anyone else on this board.

you would know how serious I am if you knew about the mental suffering so many people endure everyday needlessly

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This is great and all, really, but you announced this in your other thread.

Good to hear you are a better person these days, now don't ruin it w/repetition here!

We'd appreciate it.

~SC~

yes script, I have problems therefore searching for solutions is necessary,and I have learned so much recently about my condition and the conditions of others...I have taken Effexor XR in the past, and now I'm taking Aderall, and I would like to offer to share my experiences and to help to those who seriously need help or even those with minor concerns.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    ok serious dude.. adderol takes longer than 20 minutes to kick in

sorry swole, just thought a lot of guys here might really want help with a condition so prevalent in BBing, but no more...I've said enough for now

Mizfit is offline Banned
    ur wacked like that guy in saw..

I think the only body dis mos ppl have here is not enough mirrors

j/k

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeldMarshellPotter
    yes script, I have problems therefore searching for solutions is necessary,and I have learned so much recently about my condition and the conditions of others...I have taken Effexor XR in the past, and now I'm taking Aderall, and I would like to offer to share my experiences and to help to those who seriously need help or even those with minor concerns.
    Well I'm certainly glad to hear you are getting help! Good job and good luck.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting... very interesting. You should read a book on Dianetics. I garantee you'll like a lot.

And as for people who work out a lot.. are said to be "obsessed".
    obsessed is a word lazy people use to describe the determined

Happy to hear you are doing better.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    "When you lift weights for years and years and either don't see results or find that the reults are unsatisfactory in your opinion,"

generally thats cause of poor diet and/or bad lifting technique

Mizfit is offline Banned
    like rehab is for quiters

lol...funny

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    It is great you want to help people but are you a professional? I mean I personally think it is a horrible idea to get counseling from someone suffering from the same condition (If I understand what you are saying).

Remember whatever drugs you are on may be great for you and keep your condition in check but that does not mean it will work on others and you could fvck someone up good giving away free advise when it comes to Mental Health Issues.

My 2 cents if anyone reads this and feels they are in this situation they need to see a real doctor.

Oldman

lol nobody likes a quitter!

Yes, see a doctor like I did. I just want to help people build up the nerve to see a doctor. If I describe symptoms they think they might have, then they can see a professional and get real help.

Sheit man.... You sound like an infomercial...

"Are you not smiling? Bored when there is nothing to do? Sleep when you are tired?!?! These are sympotons of NipplTwisteritis, and you ARE suffering! - You need paracetamoxifruzybendroneomiasin!"

Mizfit is offline Banned
    now a days everyone thinks they have ADD/ADHD..

big difference is those who actually suffer don't wake up one day and decide they dont have it anymore.

from the few posts i have read of yours.. i'm truly glad your seeing a doctor.. i hope he straightens you out..

i have a feeling your gonna abuse the medications

Yes, see a doctor like I did. I just want to help people build up the nerve to see a doctor. If I describe symptoms they think they might have, then they can see a professional and get real help.

No worries that is sound advise right there. Sometimes I see people becoming experts because they are going through the same thing and trying to help in situations and it causes more problems. I am not knocking you at all so please do not take it that way, I am just being open and honest

I am sure it is a real problem and they do need help.

Oldman

Many ppl who go through life with mental disorders are afraid to admit how they feel because they're supposed to be big, tough men and don't want any weakness to show...it's the same reason nearly 35-45% of men don't see a physician on a regular basis...pride and stubornness. I am only a gateway yo further help.

Many ppl who go through life with mental disorders are afraid to admit how they feel because they're supposed to be big, tough men and don't want any weakness to show...it's the same reason nearly 35-45% of men don't see a physician on a regular basis...pride and stubornness. I am only a gateway yo further help.

Well I know I don't see the doctor as much as I should and it has nothing to do with being tough it has to do with him sticking his finger up my arse that keeps me away. hey i'm kinky but not with my doctor.

Oldman

damn that finger plug sucks...there must be an easier way to check for prostate cancer...

lol. Good one doctor. I wouldn't want anyone finger in my bunghole As for when I have personal problems, a finger in the aS5 doesnt work. My key is to not take it so personal

Again, im happy to see you are going to pwn the dissorder!

And remember, "Hard times don't last. hard people do"

damn that finger plug sucks...there must be an easier way to check for prostate cancer...

well my last check up the doctor put one hand on my shoulder and then I felt the finger and at the same time his other hand on my other shoulder.. Damn how did he do that.. hahahahaha (I'm only kidding). of course that office visit was free..

Oldman

..there must be an easier way to check for prostate cancer...
    Well, a lady doctor to jack you off would be fun. Not sure if it works, but it would definately be fun.

hahaaaalksjdlkajsd

hey i have over 300 posts. this one makes 307. im cheating :P

I sure could go for a kitten smoothie right about now...

Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    hey i have over 300 posts. this one makes 307. im cheating :P

Post whoring at its best

yeah im getting my numbers up there lol

ya know what, I'm gunna go get a hair cut.. actually im going to get a lot of them cut. THen ill come back and i wont post any pictures of my new do

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Even if some1 has an addiction or a disorder...as long as its not affecting them or those around them negativly then there is no reason to seek treatment...lets say some1 is obssesed with weightligting/nutrition and related fields...spends alot of time on them but still goes to work , ****s , etc..... then this obsession is good...cuz h/she will be bettering themselves.....

And just cause this person has different intrests/habits than other people doesnt mean something is wrong with.....just different.....cuz there is no such thing as normal.....200 years ago ud be a freak if u were white and friends with black people....but now if u gave the same "acceptable treatment" that was shown to black people back then ud be hated/imprisoned/killed.

hope that explains my point

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    hope that explains my point
    I like pie too.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    didn't you ever learn not to drink and get on AR? i think that you are confused about yourself and are hopelessly looking for a direction to take your life. i think that you should find that before you go offering help to people that have more self direction than you do. not trying to flame but i can see no good coming from you trying to help others at this point. say i am obsessed with bodybuilding in your eyes and i spend 4 hours a day at the gym. is that considered a problem that i spend to much time there because i truely enjoy it and wish i could stay there more? now take the same person and say he is obsessed with working on classic cars in his garage and spends 4 hours after work working on his cars in the garage and truely enjoys it and is his passion. do you see the same disease in the guy who is working on cars? i guarentee you don't see it the same way. the fact is, is that it is a hobby/passion that many enjoy and if that's what makes them happy then it is not a disease but is part of their life and a positive thing. i hope that you are not being serious about this thread because it's kind of irratating.

I like pie too.
    lol

punchrf nailed it rite....

I think i see where you're comming from on that topic.

All these "diseases" people have. I would love to have a disease that had me at the beach surfing, soaking up some sun, and meeting new people.. That would be a wonderful disease to have.

And as for finding yourself. It's something that everyone goes through, and it's a change in life. And it shouldn't be viewed as something bad, because it's a part of life, and it's a wonderful thing to expand yourself.
    Personally, I like to think life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself. And always trying to better yourself in a way that will make YOU happy.

Am I right on this?

I think we all need a big group hug

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    say i am obsessed with bodybuilding in your eyes and i spend 4 hours a day at the gym. is that considered a problem that i spend to much time there because i truely enjoy it and wish i could stay there more? now take the same person and say he is obsessed with working on classic cars in his garage and spends 4 hours after work working on his cars in the garage and truely enjoys it and is his passion. do you see the same disease in the guy who is working on cars? i guarentee you don't see it the same way. the fact is, is that it is a hobby/passion that many enjoy and if that's what makes them happy then it is not a disease but is part of their life and a positive thing. i hope that you are not being serious about this thread because it's kind of irratating.
    You have a point, but I'm only giving out basic advice to help people, not prescribing medication or providing therapy. And there is a difference between healthy obsession and detrimental obsession. I've had a kind of a breakthrough just recently and I'm letting others know that they can experience what I have also. It's premature to say "I'm cured" or "I love my life" but I am making good progress.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    I think we all need a big group hug
    i'm down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information