tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

30 year old - FINALLY Graduates College!

Hey bros, I know we have a lot of younger guys on here in college. I wanted to give a few words of encouragement to stay in school and finish it while you are younger! It is a hell of a lot easier to do before you have a wife (husband), house and get use to a certain "way of life." You know the old saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" is very true! lol

Anyway, 2 years ago I started back to school and I finally finished this week. I took 107 hours in 2 years while working at my same full time job (been an account executive for over 9 years now). It has been a bitch, but it is starting to hit me that I have actually finished something I should have finished many years ago! I don't know if I am going to do anything different now (besides start having a social life again), but now I know that I have that little piece of shit paper (diploma) to fall back on in case I ever want to change my career!

BTW, ttgb now has a Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Systems!!!!! whew.

Hang in there fellow AR bros that are pounding away at the books. It will happen if you stick with it! Good luck to those of you going back in the Summer and Fall.

Sorry to brag a little, but I am starting to feel the pressure come off and a sense of relief today and I wanted to share how good it feels.

Peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 05-10-2002 at 12:10 PM.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Congrats bro, i swear if I dont get my ass back into school...

I've tried taking school at night and I know how much of a bitch it can be so much props hanging in there.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bro, I know its hard in fact I went to night school for a straight year and it burned me out along with a full time job. I will go back one day.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Great news and great advise. I know. I am 31 and will finally graduate this summer from the University of Maryland. I am going to keep at it, MBA starting this fall. It is amazing how much free time you lose by trying to go to school part time while working full time. That is definitlety the hard way to do it and I recommend it to no one. If you can get in there right after high school do it.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Thanks bros!! I appreciate it!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: 30 year old - FINALLY Graduates College!

Originally posted by tryingtogetbig
    Hey bros, I know we have a lot of younger guys on here in college. I wanted to give a few words of encouragement to stay in school and finish it while you are younger! It is a hell of a lot easier to do before you have a wife (husband), house and get use to a certain "way of life." You know the old saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" is very true! lol

Anyway, 2 years ago I started back to school and I finally finished this week. I took 107 hours in 2 years while working at my same full time job (been an account executive for over 9 years now). It has been a bitch, but it is starting to hit me that I have actually finished something I should have finished many years ago! I don't know if I am going to do anything different now (besides start having a social life again), but now I know that I have that little piece of shit paper (diploma) to fall back on in case I ever want to change my career!

BTW, ttgb now has a Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Systems!!!!! whew.

Hang in there fellow AR bros that are pounding away at the books. It will happen if you stick with it! Good luck to those of you going back in the Summer and Fall.

Sorry to brag a little, but I am starting to feel the pressure come off and a sense of relief today and I wanted to share how good it feels.

Peace,

ttgb
    Cool bro !!! Congrats !

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Congrats, ttgb, in 9 months I will have a degre exactly like yours...hopefully

Farmer is offline Member
    Hey man congratulations, I am currently in my 3rd quarter of college right outa HS. I've been getting down on myself lately beacause I have no life because I work m-f go to school m-f and lift m-f....Your post made me realize to stick it out man. You got a huge weight off your shoulders now I bet, live it up man you worked yer ass off!!

peace

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    congrats... actually i go to commencement on the 25th, although i finished up in august. damn bureaucracy!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bro. I graduate on the 24th.

Thread Information