View Poll Results: Who wins the Orange Bowl????

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oklahoma

19 57.58%
  • USC

14 42.42%
  • I have no idea! Its too close to call!

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sooner45 is offline Member

USC/OU Orange Bowl Talk!!!

So lets have it!! Who do you think is gonna take the cake??? obviously I'm pullin for OU, but I also think its gonna be one helluva game!!! USC's D looks suspect to the run, which could mean a field day for Peterson. But OU's secondary has been suspect, so it could be a field day for Leinart also!!! Does USC shut the South and East Coast up??, or does OU redeem itself from last season's self-destruction?? Who's your pick and why????
    Last edited by sooner45; 12-22-2004 at 10:20 PM.

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    OU all the way Baby

SwollSooner315 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

of course OU is going to stomp USC and sweet boy Leinhart into the ground....leinhart cant perform under pressure....as you all witnessed in the USC/UCLA game....anyone that thinks differently is an idiot

also since we have Perkins back in the back field...Leinharts passing game will be SHUT DOWN

lol no USC fans have anything to say??

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    lol no USC fans have anything to say??

They all scared cause they know they going to lose so they dont want to say much so we can make fun of them later
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    My wife is an Okie I have no choice!

NoobJuice is offline Member
    USC USC USC USC
    The legend continues.
    OUS legacy falls

USC USC USC USC
    The legend continues.
    OUS legacy falls again

Thumbs up

finally...some trash talking

I have a feeling Lienart will show us why he won the biggest honor in sports and why the teams are ranked like they are. BEST GAME IN THE LAST DECADE THOUGH FO' SHIZZLE Reggie Bush Reggie Bush Reggie Bush

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    of course OU is going to stomp USC and sweet boy Leinhart into the ground....leinhart cant perform under pressure....as you all witnessed in the USC/UCLA game....anyone that thinks differently is an idiot
    Considering you're from OKA I will not take offense to you calling us Trojans an idiot...lmao..isn't it time for you to go out a butt f*ck the sheep...or did your dad take care of that for you this morning! LMAO...j/k

I am going to love watching West Coast football fu*k the **** out you wagon driving hicks! You have nothing! USC will dominate this game....I will wear my colors with pride as we kick the sh*t out of Sooners! Bring it bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    I have a feeling Lienart will show us why he won the biggest honor in sports and why the teams are ranked like they are. BEST GAME IN THE LAST DECADE THOUGH FO' SHIZZLE Reggie Bush Reggie Bush Reggie Bush
    If Bush cannot run all over the...Lendale will....or we can throw it to Jarrett...man we have so many weapons it is silly! Perkins? Give me a break...Cody will crush his ass....and if he happens to miss....Matt G will show him what it feels like to get hit HARD!

ok...anyone wanna make a cash bet? but i know you sorry USC f*cks wont pay up

Holy sh*t...have not read the paper...we're one of the richest college's in the nation...oh wait, I forgot they don't teach you how to read in OKA....

I tell you what...USC wins you have to put up a USC avator for a month....OU wins I will do the same!

haha ok its a deal....

haha OU isnt exactly poor....

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I'm pulling for the University of Texas at Norman. :spudniklu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    I'm pulling for the University of Texas at Norman. :spudniklu
    Not our fault Texass sucks and their recruits actually want to go play for a national championship!

Aboot is offline Banned
    Auburn would have tooled on either of them.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Not our fault Texas sucks and their recruits actually want to go play for a national championship!
    Without Texans, you'd have NO national championships. :spudniklu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    Without Texans, you'd have NO national championships. :spudniklu
    RIIIIIIGHT!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i think that oklahoma will win because the mere fact they have a powerful back in adrain peterson and if you watched any of usc games they haven't seen much of the bigger back type. usc played notre dame and you saw that ryan grant was running all over them in the 1st quarter. perterson possess speed, quickness and runs with authority. the running game opens up the passing game and allows white to throw to one of the better wr in college football in clayton. usc is a very good team but they have had many changes from last years team and once leinhart is on the run then his accuracy is off and i think dan cody can provide some rush off the outside. usc has a good defense who is led by lofa tatupu.

also i don't mean to hyjack but in the new espn magazine there is an article about the two middle lbs for usc and oklahoma. lofa is the usc middle linebacker and i played against his high school and he lived a town over. great athlete but was really undersized as a lb outta high school. his senior year 2001 he had 110 tackles and i was a junior and had something aaround 110-120 but i played in aan extra game. he also played qb and was an exceptional athlete. he went onto maine and then from there he ended up at usc. well he is a good ball player and hope the best but his father had some pull which got him there. i am stuck at the d1aa school now but i guess its where u end up not where u start.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    It is gonna be a great game, no doubt. I just gotta say that USC is undefeated despite all the injuries they have suffered. If the whole team was healthy and if Lewis didnt transfer, forget about it. USC would walk away with it.

notus is offline Member
    For all the USC fans... What are your excuses going to be if OU wins? Will you actually be able to say O.U. Is the better team?

Go OU........................

9000rpm is offline Member
    Who cares who wins it, Auburn is the best team in the nation and would destroy either of these teams. And it is just plain sad and disgusting that 90% of the sportscasters also agree that Auburn is hands down the best team in the nation, but they are still not in the championship game.

The BSC is total bull$hit and needs to be disbanned.

By the way, OU is going to destroy USC. USC is pathetic this year, and they are only there because everyone felt sorry for them from last year. And OU almost got beat by 3 teams this year. Auburn is leaps and bounds beyond the levels of either OU or USC. Auburn would be better suited to play someone like the Dallas Cowboys instead of a mediocre OU or USC.

Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    By the way, OU is going to destroy USC. USC is pathetic this year, and they are only there because everyone felt sorry for them from last year. And OU almost got beat by 3 teams this year. Auburn is leaps and bounds beyond the levels of either OU or USC. Auburn would be better suited to play someone like the Dallas Cowboys instead of a mediocre OU or USC.

Excuses, Excusus, Excuses.......

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Excuses, Excusus, Excuses.......
    An OU fan in Louisiana? You should be on my side seeing that LSU is in the SEC. The SEC is the toughest conference to play in, in college. The SEC actually has good teams on both the SEC East and West. Unlike the Big 12 South containing all the good teams. The Big 12 north is a joke.

If USC loses fair and square...then I have no qualms admitting OU is the best team in the country...however, as I see it now USC is the best team...which this will all be decided on the 4th. OU has great speed in their back...but Bush is no slouch himself...and lendale is just as good. If USC can hold the line the Leinart will have no problem. He has some young and fast recievers. This will be one hell of a game!

decadbal is offline Banned
    OU...all the way

I can't wait...It's the game we have all talked about throughout the year and we got our wish. Regardless who wins I will always have a vendetta with pac 10 schools...I just don't feel the competition within the conference is good enough to challenge a team week in and week out. That doesn't mean they won't win this game. That just means they had an easier ride here then the okie's... Remember...Whoever wins this game still will have the same type of s.h.i.t LSU had last year... I personally feel if you can give USC a free national title last year...Why not auburn?

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I can't wait...It's the game we have all talked about throughout the year and we got our wish. Regardless who wins I will always have a vendetta with pac 10 schools...I just don't feel the competition within the conference is good enough to challenge a team week in and week out. That doesn't mean they won't win this game. That just means they had an easier ride here then the okie's... Remember...Whoever wins this game still will have the same type of s.h.i.t LSU had last year... I personally feel if you can give USC a free national title last year...Why not auburn?
    I agree, the PAC 10 blows. Have USC come play the type of schedule that the average SEC or Big 12 teams play week in and week out. To go undefeated in the SEC or the Big 12, and then not be in the National Championship game is just a crime and it is wrong. USC will get demolished on the 4th. If OU doesn't beat them by at least 2 touchdowns, I'll be very disappointed in OU.

Man, do you not do your research...before the BCS came along...the Pac 10 Champs and the Big Ten (at the time it was only 10 teams) would play each other in the Rose Bowl. So...it was the best Pac 10 team and the best Big 10 team....and who would of guessed....USC has more Rose Bowl wins than any other team...we have multiple National Championships...multiple Heisman Trophy winners...I cannot understand why you are talking so much ****...it's not like we are MSU here and this is a fluke...we are here for a reason...cause we are number one. And I am sorry...we were not given the National Title last year...the AP Poll voted us there...that's right...the AP poll is a HUMAN POLL...where humans actaully vote....so you all can go on and on about how the SEC and the BIG 12 are so much better....ic ould careless...we are number one and we were number one again in recruiting...so we will continue to be in the top 3 for many more years...so deal with it...

BTW, every year we are ranked in the Top 3 if not #1 are you all going to say it is a fluke and we suck...there is a reason a team is ranked #1....it's cause they are the BEST! Which is exactly what we are going to find out here in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    An OU fan in Louisiana? You should be on my side seeing that LSU is in the SEC. The SEC is the toughest conference to play in, in college. The SEC actually has good teams on both the SEC East and West. Unlike the Big 12 South containing all the good teams. The Big 12 north is a joke.
    Oddly enough, I now Live in Addison also. And actually went to LSU, partly, in Shreveport, but I was Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead!!! How old are you 900???? You party in Addison any? Sherlocks? Pete's? Carsons???

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Man, do you not do your research...before the BCS came along...the Pac 10 Champs and the Big Ten (at the time it was only 10 teams) would play each other in the Rose Bowl. So...it was the best Pac 10 team and the best Big 10 team....and who would of guessed....USC has more Rose Bowl wins than any other team...we have multiple National Championships...multiple Heisman Trophy winners...I cannot understand why you are talking so much ****...it's not like we are MSU here and this is a fluke...we are here for a reason...cause we are number one. And I am sorry...we were not given the National Title last year...the AP Poll voted us there...that's right...the AP poll is a HUMAN POLL...where humans actaully vote....so you all can go on and on about how the SEC and the BIG 12 are so much better....ic ould careless...we are number one and we were number one again in recruiting...so we will continue to be in the top 3 for many more years...so deal with it...

BTW, every year we are ranked in the Top 3 if not #1 are you all going to say it is a fluke and we suck...there is a reason a team is ranked #1....it's cause they are the BEST! Which is exactly what we are going to find out here in a couple of days.

I said the quality of play in the pac 10...Bottom line..IF you weren't a USC fan and watched other conferences play...You'd know the quality of play is poor.. The defenses are not as good as other conferences...It's not smashmouth football. It's pass the ball and score 100 football,and win 100 -95. If you ask anyone OUTSIDE of the pac 10 about the pac 10 they will all say the same thing.

Week in and week out you cannot possible say that the pac 10 is as good as other conferences. If you want to compare out of conferences games...Go head.. One game means nothing. 45-43 games are not impressive to me.

Do you feel that auburn should share the national title this year with the winner? Now honestly you can talk about USC's talent all day long and you won't see me disagree. You cannot sit there and say the pac 10 schools other then USC are that great. Here is an example of the other so called "powerhouse" of the pac 10...

California

Sat, Sep 4 at Air Force W 56-14 --
    Sat, Sep 11 New Mexico State W 41-14
    Thu, Sep 16 at Southern Miss Ppd. --
    Sat, Oct 2 at Oregon State W 49-7 --
    Sat, Oct 9 at (1) USC L 17-23 --
    Sat, Oct 16 UCLA W 45-28 --
    Sat, Oct 23 at Arizona W 38-0 --
    Sat, Oct 30 (21) Arizona State W 27-0 --
    Sat, Nov 6 Oregon W 28-27 --
    Sat, Nov 13 at Washington W 42-12 --
    Sat, Nov 20 Stanford W 41-6 --
    Sat, Dec 4 at Southern Miss W 26-16 --

Look at the ranked teams in that schedule...........

Only reason Cal is even considered that high of rank is because they only lost to USC... Usc's schedule...
    Sat, Aug 28 at (9) Virginia Tech W 24-13
    Sat, Sep 11 Colorado State W 49-0
    Sat, Sep 18 at Brigham Young W 42-10
    Sat, Sep 25 at Stanford W 31-28
    Sat, Oct 9 (4) California W 23-17
    Sat, Oct 16 (21) Arizona State W 45-7
    Sat, Oct 23 Washington W 38-0
    Sat, Oct 30 at Washington State W 42-12
    Sat, Nov 6 at Oregon State W 28-20
    Sat, Nov 13 Arizona W 49-9
    Sat, Nov 27 Notre Dame W 41-10
    Sat, Dec 4 at UCLA W 29-24

Usc's strength of schedule is by far the weakest out of the top three teams in the nation. Also the win over stanford was very sketchy and the UCLA wasnt exactly their best performance, but it happens to even good teams.

Facts are facts.. Everyone can jock USC and it's ok because they win,but I said they play a weak schedule and their conference is weak...And that cannot be proven wrong even if they beat oklahoma by 50.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    USC 28
    OU 24

Trojans make a late goal line stand to win the game.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    USC had trouble with UCLA and UCLA got beat by Wyoming in their bowl game....yeah thats right fvckin' WYOMING....do the math USC is going to get raped.

lol like i said....sweetboy leinhart is going to be smashed by our big ass line....as we all saw in the ucla game....if u get any amount of pressure on him at all, he cant do ****....im sorry but USC is not going to win

Okay, okay...but we need to examin OU's schedule this year:

Sat, Sep 4 Bowling Green W 40-24
    Sat, Sep 11 Houston W 63-13
    Sat, Sep 18 Oregon W 31-7
    Sat, Oct 2 (23) Texas Tech W 28-13
    Sat, Oct 9 (6) Texas W 12-0
    Sat, Oct 16 at Kansas State W 31-21
    Sat, Oct 23 Kansas W 41-10
    Sat, Oct 30 at Oklahoma State W 38-35
    Sat, Nov 6 at (22) Texas A&M W 42-35
    Sat, Nov 13 Nebraska W 30-3
    Sat, Nov 20 at Baylor W 35-0
    Sat, Dec 4 Colorado W 42-3

Now that was a tough one...lmao....

Now Auburns

Sat, Sep 4 Louisiana-Monroe W 31-0 --
    Sat, Sep 11 at Mississippi State W 43-14 --
    Sat, Sep 18 (12) LSU W 10-9 --
    Sat, Sep 25 Citadel W 33-3 --
    Sat, Oct 2 at (15) Tennessee W 34-10 --
    Sat, Oct 9 Louisiana Tech W 52-7 --
    Sat, Oct 16 Arkansas W 38-20 --
    Sat, Oct 23 Kentucky W 42-10 --
    Sat, Oct 30 at Mississippi W 35-14 --
    Sat, Nov 13 (8) Georgia W 24-6 --
    Sat, Nov 20 at Alabama W 21-13 --
    Sat, Dec 4 at (15) Tennessee W 38-28

Yikes...another tough one. The way I see it is no one team had a more difficult schedule than the other....OU and USC both played top 25 ranked teams and Auburn played 4.

Like I have said before...a week from today we'll find out who is the best. I am sorry I cannot agree with your arguement on how weak the Pac 10 is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information