vein-x is offline Associate Member

The UPS Store?? Urgent- Please Read

They offer a service where you can get things shipped to a large box and have an after-hours pickup time. ANYONE ever used this service? Is it just like a PO Box where you need 2 forms of ID and all the hassle? I just placed and paid for an order that ships on Tuesday. If I could get some information REALLY quick from you guys, I can have him hold the order so he can put my entire order in it, and not ship it in pieces. Any info at all would help! Even opinions or thoughts, but please, answer ASAP because this would solve a lot of shipping problems for not just me, but anyone else who wants to order something.

Thanks for ANY help guys! Sorry to push the urgency...

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    II use the same service and you can request your stuff to be shipped in one box (assuming it is domestic) but one important point that you should always remember: UPS stores have surveillance cameras that record all activities 24/7 so in case something happens, you cannot deny the stuff wasn't yours!

Also, some UPS stores close after 7:00 pm so make sure you can pick your stuff after they close.

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    II use the same service and you can request your stuff to be shipped in one box (assuming it is domestic) but one important point that you should always remember: UPS stores have surveillance cameras that record all activities 24/7 so in case something happens, you cannot deny the stuff wasn't yours!

Also, some UPS stores close after 7:00 pm so make sure you can pick your stuff after they close.
    OK! Thanks a f*ck of a lot for all the info so far bro!! My main worry is just ID, because if you have your name tied to the box, it's the same thing as a PO box. Do they require ID? Or can you just put a name on a box with the address and call it good??

Thanks again for the fast response!!

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they require two IDs. Usually your driving license and work/school ID and don't provide fake ID. They do verify if your documents are legit or not. They called the secretary at my work once and after they made sure all the information is correct, they told her that I have a package from Cali (it was protein shake), and they did that only once to verify my information.

And another point, if the package is big, they will put a "oversized package" card in your box and you'll have to receive your package from the counter and "sign for it".

Thread Information