Italion Stallion07 is offline Associate Member

need your opinions to write this paper

I am writing a paper on steroids in sports for a class im taking. I am going to be printing this thread out and handing it into my professor so please keep the BS jokes to a minimum because she isnt going to understand them.

so what do you guys think about steroids being used in sports and why?

hopefully there will be some arduements here that will help me write this paper.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Italion Stallion07; 11-06-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    I am against it in amateur sports. The olympics need to be clean, IMO.

BUT.. I think in the case of the NFL and Baseball, its only been beneficial. People want to see homerun hitters and big ass offensive lines. Its impossible to control its use in professional sports, and while it ruins it for those who choose not to use, you may as well make it a damn free for all and give the public what they want.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    if the rules say no steroids , and use them....your a ****ing dirty cheater, and if you get caught and get DQd or fined or whatever, LOL @ you cause thats what you deserve.

its pretty cut and dry.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Off season, I say do as you please but come the season, you should be clean. jmo

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    There really needs to be a fundamental decision from all of the ranks. The fact is that it is impossible to expect todays athlete's to train as hard, compete in as many events as they do each year, and keep getting bigger, faster, better without the use of anabolics. I agree they have no place with youngster's that participate in sports, but at the pro level, the owners, managers, coaches, associations, and fans have big decisions to make if they truly want to stop steriod use ... not just pay lipservice to such.

Even if you dismiss the applications just for the purpose of more power and strength, there is no way to keep muscles healthy and recover from minor injuries in the time-frames they are expected too without some assistance.

In order for steroids to leave sports all together, the owners, coaches, associations, and the fans are going to have to accept slower, smaller athletes and they are going to have to trim down the number of events and length of seasons. If all parties aren't willing to do that, the only other alternative is to legitimize anabolic use in professional sports as just "going with the territory".
    quite insightful there RB

Thread Information