Thread: flu shot

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~

flu shot

Has anyone else had one and if so have you felt like shit cause I received mine on Friday and still achy and tired todady just wondering if i'm one of the few

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Sup homey. I got mine last thursday also. I feel greatttttttttttttttt. I don't know why bcecause i'm usually healthy with all the supps I take. It was free so what the hell.

sup smak I never had this kinda reaction but it has been like a bad hangover Saturday,Sunday,and today and I didn't drink so wtf and what's up smakdaddy how's that mass routine treating ya.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    you will feel that way until your body builds up it's defense against the flu. The flu shot mimmicks the flu to the immune system so that it can put your body on a high level of defense against the flu. Your immunity must have been low to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    you will feel that way until your body builds up it's defense against the flu. The flu shot mimmicks the flu to the immune system so that it can put your body on a high level of defense against the flu. Your immunity must have been low to begin with.
    Some people or I should say most people I know have had no reaction though including smakdaddy.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Occasionally people will show mild symptoms of the flu after getting their shot. Usually it's just a low grade fever and maybe a decrease in energy for a few days. Rest, keeping hydrated, and maintaining a healthy diet will help alleviate any underlying symptoms. If you continue to feel poorly, you in fact may have caught something. Keep in mind- Getting a flu shot does not give you a force field against the flu virus. It can shorten the duration, severity, and impact, but it's not a total defense. I have always recommended gettting the flu shot, especially for those who deal with the general public on a daily basis. It never hurts!

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Occasionally people will show mild symptoms of the flu after getting their shot. Usually it's just a low grade fever and maybe a decrease in energy for a few days. Rest, keeping hydrated, and maintaining a healthy diet will help alleviate any underlying symptoms. If you continue to feel poorly, you in fact may have caught something. Keep in mind- Getting a flu shot does not give you a force field against the flu virus. It can shorten the duration, severity, and impact, but it's not a total defense. I have always recommended gettting the flu shot, especially for those who deal with the general public on a daily basis. It never hurts!

Doc M
    My moms a nurse so no telling what she could be bringing home but U never know and thanks for the info.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    pop 40 grams of vitamin C ED till it passes then keep it at 20 , ull be amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I'll try it bro thanks.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I seriously hope you are not taking 40 grams of Vit C. Or even 20 for that matter. I am hoping you are meaning 400mgs instead. 40 grams is extremely toxic.

A safe and often recommended dose is 1-2 grams(1000-2000mgs) per day with food. Anything beyond that is way too much and not healthy.

Doc M

I seriously hope you are not taking 40 grams of Vit C. Or even 20 for that matter. I am hoping you are meaning 400mgs instead. 40 grams is extremely toxic.

A safe and often recommended dose is 1-2 grams(1000-2000mgs) per day with food. Anything beyond that is way too much and not healthy.

Doc M
    why cause it causes kidney stones??

extremly toxic????WOW..can you tell me the toxic side effects of 20-40 g of Vit C?
    thnx

spyderman is offline New Member
    Actually, Vitamin C is one of the many water-soluble vitamins. Although taking very large doses won't generally cause ill effects, it's a waste of your money because all you are doing is pissing them away. Vitamin C is an acid, so taking mega doses could be quite irritating to the GI tract, though.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman
    Actually, Vitamin C is one of the many water-soluble vitamins. Although taking very large doses won't generally cause ill effects, it's a waste of your money because all you are doing is pissing them away. Vitamin C is an acid, so taking mega doses could be quite irritating to the GI tract, though.
    mine isnt irritated , but if u do experience problems switch to sodium ascorbate

mine isnt irritated , but if u do experience problems switch to sodium ascorbate

I'm still tired and out of it today.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Doc M

I disagree. High doses of Vit C are just flushed out of the body. My Grandmother is 93 and still takes 5,000 mgs per day and hasnt had a cold or flu in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I disagree. High doses of Vit C are just flushed out of the body. My Grandmother is 93 and still takes 5,000 mgs per day and hasnt had a cold or flu in 30 years.

I have no clue but thanks for the info i do get sick alot so maybe I should take vitamin c everyday.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i am about to go get mine hope i dont get sick.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    You will probably feel funny for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    My moms a nurse and said the majority don't get sick so maybe you'll be one of those lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I'm still tired and out of it today.
    Bro , there are small doses 60mg-2g , that prevent scurvy and some other stuff that i cant remember but these doses are not enough for you to notice an improvement of an infection or cold , u need to go beyond the 20g mark , johan cured an abcess with fever and all , and I cut my cold duration to 1.5 days before that Id get long ass colds with green shit coming out of me

FYI , there has been no studies EVER proving that high doses of C causes K stones

I have been taking 15-20 grams daily for the past 2-3 months and i checked a urine sample 2 weeks ago , perfectly normal.

cb25 is offline Banned
    wow!! Doc M!! it's a hell of a pleasure to see you back online man. hope you're back home and doing well.

i've been debating getting a flu shot...i've never had one in the past, but now that i'm treating patients (dental student) i'm considering grabbing one, especially since our university is providing them to us. but i'm undecided as of yet.

i guess my question is...is it really worth it? even if i hardly ever get sick (and haven't had the flu in almost a decade)???

(of course, now that i've mentioned that i hardly ever get sick...i'll get it bad this year, just because, lol.)

darmadoc is offline Member
    If you have ever really had the flu you will never skip the shot again. Most who get the flu are in bed for a week with cough, high fever and sever body aches. This isn't like a cold. This virus can kill people.

Bro , there are small doses 60mg-2g , that prevent scurvy and some other stuff that i cant remember but these doses are not enough for you to notice an improvement of an infection or cold , u need to go beyond the 20g mark , johan cured an abcess with fever and all , and I cut my cold duration to 1.5 days before that Id get long ass colds with green shit coming out of me

FYI , there has been no studies EVER proving that high doses of C causes K stones

I have been taking 15-20 grams daily for the past 2-3 months and i checked a urine sample 2 weeks ago , perfectly normal.
    I never said anything I said if anything I'm going to try the vitamin C bro.

Thread Information