Thread: Update

63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Update

So, a while back I'm headed to work, it's raining, I spin out on the free way. I hit the inside barrier, but not any one else. Car's still running, I went to work.
    A few days later, I cancel my cel. On the way out, a woman with a 4x4 backs into my hood. Give me a $100 and fills out a repair order at the body shop, leave a number and adress, along with a drivers license number.
    My deductable is $1000. I already had reported the spin out, they gave me a check for $752 and change. Should I file a seprate claim for this hood? The woman has never answred the phone and hasn't been back to pay the other $200 the body shop quoted the work at.
    I found a hood on ebay for $250 and paid $187 to get it shipped. I'm also going to shell out another grand and get the whole car painted so it all matches. Here's some pics of work in progress.
    Can't get the pics to load. I'll try later.

Pics

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    So, a while back I'm headed to work, it's raining, I spin out on the free way. I hit the inside barrier, but not any one else. Car's still running, I went to work.
    A few days later, I cancel my cel. On the way out, a woman with a 4x4 backs into my hood. Give me a $100 and fills out a repair order at the body shop, leave a number and adress, along with a drivers license number.
    My deductable is $1000. I already had reported the spin out, they gave me a check for $752 and change. Should I file a seprate claim for this hood? The woman has never answred the phone and hasn't been back to pay the other $200 the body shop quoted the work at.
    I found a hood on ebay for $250 and paid $187 to get it shipped. I'm also going to shell out another grand and get the whole car painted so it all matches. Here's some pics of work in progress.
    Can't get the pics to load. I'll try later.
    if you have a license plate number, vin, name or phone number i would file the claim with your insurance company and let them try to get a hold of her. defienetly give them as much info about her as you know so they can pursue it. i guarentee they do not want to pay that claim and will do everything they can to get the money out of her. the longer you wait the harder its going to be to get this paid for by her or her insurance company.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    now that i think about don't try to be nice about it so that it doesn't go on her motor vehicle report. she's inconvienenced you already by being unavailable and letting you have a fuked up car. it wouldn't surprise me if she tried to say that you rearended her and tries to claim injuries. i just had some lady tell me that last week and the other party ended up winning the claim and she was originally at fault but she didn't get a police report and handled it like you did and just decided to handle it with cash. i'm an insurance agent (till friday when i start a new job) so i see stuff like this happen a lot. don't trust other people to handle their mishaps.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    if you have a license plate number, vin, name or phone number i would file the claim with your insurance company and let them try to get a hold of her. defienetly give them as much info about her as you know so they can pursue it. i guarentee they do not want to pay that claim and will do everything they can to get the money out of her. the longer you wait the harder its going to be to get this paid for by her or her insurance company.
    Next time I'll do this. To little to late now.
    By the way, I still haven't gotten my car back. Maybe next week. Probably not is what maybe means. Another week of driving my dad's gutless wonder T-100

Thread Information