Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater

Speeding & Tinted Windows

So i'm on my way to work this morning running a little late and low and behold I get pulled over by a officer who say's I was going 41 in a 30 mph zone. Then when he gets to my car he asks me to roll up my window a little to check my tints. I get busted with illegal tints too!! Anybody that lives in South Florida knows that 90% of the majority have tinted windows. I never removed them when I got back home in Missouri. Anyways I have two tickets for $125 total. It sucks now because I have to get my tints removed and if anyone that has tints knows that they make a car look ten times better Should I go ahead and pay the fine or go to court? I've never had to do this before so I was just wondering. I have 15% tints by the way. Legal percent is 35%.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO.. That shit use to happen to me all the time when i had my civic with 5% tints. I would just pay the fine and keep the tints on. However, you can get them removed and take it to court, or find a car thats exactly like yours with no tints, put your license plate on it and take pictures to take to court (my cousin did that).

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Wait your ticket was $125 for illegal tints. WTF! They used to be like $50

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    smak i just gotta say that sucks but I know many people that do get away with it but if it was me I wouldn't want to give the cops any reasons to pool me over in the first place so do what you want but be carefull if you keep the tint.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    If you have Florida tags then you are good, but if you switched them over to the state you are in now, I would pay the ticket and keep it on. Then hope you don't see the same cop

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Everybody in Cali has tints on all the windows except the front (windshield)

I got stopped on the FREEWAY by a highway patrol that said my front windows were tinted and they can't be. My windows were half down and he could tell the diff........the back is limo tint, the front about half as dark.

This guy was a plain asshole, and I told him that he's "rather picky in giving tickets" and he just looked at me. F*ck him..............I've been in my car while raining, windows UP next to a cop car, and they have never given a shit.

Stupid ass f*cks............I'm changing all my tint to CHROME tint anyhow, so they can suck my balls.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    LMAO.. That shit use to happen to me all the time when i had my civic with 5% tints. I would just pay the fine and keep the tints on. However, you can get them removed and take it to court, or find a car thats exactly like yours with no tints, put your license plate on it and take pictures to take to court (my cousin did that).
    damn cuz. 5% is limo tint. My roomate had that on his golf. He just rolled his windows down all the time. It sucks because I really don't want to take them off, but I would have to avoid this route to work because this cop just sits there in the morning waiting to bust people.I think i'm gonna pay the fine and find a new route to work Your suggestion sounds good, but I don't think I could pull it off. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Everybody in Cali has tints on all the windows except the front (windshield)

I got stopped on the FREEWAY by a highway patrol that said my front windows were tinted and they can't be. My windows were half down and he could tell the diff........the back is limo tint, the front about half as dark.

This guy was a plain asshole, and I told him that he's "rather picky in giving tickets" and he just looked at me. F*ck him..............I've been in my car while raining, windows UP next to a cop car, and they have never given a shit.

Stupid ass f*cks............I'm changing all my tint to CHROME tint anyhow, so they can suck my balls.

~SC~
    Did he ticket you for having illegal tints?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    If you have Florida tags then you are good, but if you switched them over to the state you are in now, I would pay the ticket and keep it on. Then hope you don't see the same cop
    That's what i'm going to do, but this town is so fukin small i'm likely to run in this cop again. If I took the tints down and went to court they would prob erase one of my tickets because I put some effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    smak i just gotta say that sucks but I know many people that do get away with it but if it was me I wouldn't want to give the cops any reasons to pool me over in the first place so do what you want but be carefull if you keep the tint.
    Yea lots of people have them. It's a risk you take when you get them. Have a better looking car, but get ticketed for it BTW nice job with the colts last night.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Every car I ever had I put tints on. Usually 5% Limo but I would get too many tickets. I remember when I was like 17 I had a real hooked up car. Dropped, ground kit, biggest rims that could fit and a bangin' system. Cop pulls me over for my tints. After about 30 minutes he comes back and gave me a ticket. Then he asked me how I was so young and had such a nice car. Then he had the nerve to ask me if I sold drugs. So me being the wise ass I always have been told him "No, my dad does and he bought me this car." I thought it was funny but he didnt. He took my info back, went back to his car and gave me 2 more tickets!!! LOL. I laugh now but It wasnt funny back then.

Needless to say I had 35% on my last car which is legal in CT. But just got a new whip and had to go with 20%. Looks hot on white. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    .I've been in my car while raining, windows UP next to a cop car, and they have never given a shit.

~SC~

Those guys aren't going to get wet to bust your balls about tints. Its the dick cops or the ones that have to meet their quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Every car I ever had I put tints on. Usually 5% Limo but I would get too many tickets. I remember when I was like 17 I had a real hooked up car. Dropped, ground kit, biggest rims that could fit and a bangin' system. Cop pulls me over for my tints. After about 30 minutes he comes back and gave me a ticket. Then he asked me how I was so young and had such a nice car. Then he had the nerve to ask me if I sold drugs. So me being the wise ass I always have been told him "No, my dad does and he bought me this car." I thought it was funny but he didnt. He took my info back, went back to his car and gave me 2 more tickets!!! LOL. I laugh now but It wasnt funny back then.

Needless to say I had 35% on my last car which is legal in CT. But just got a new whip and had to go with 20%. Looks hot on white. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Damn. 35% doesn't look as hot , but i've been ticketed before with having illegal tints. This is my second ticket, but that was back when I was in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Those guys aren't going to get wet to bust your balls about tints. Its the dick cops or the ones that have to meet their quotas.
    That's true. They usually only will bust you if they have caught you speeding or another traffic violation however when I lived in Miami since so many people have tints they have frequent checkpoints strictly to check the tint of your windows. That's how I got my other ticket.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    So i'm on my way to work this morning running a little late and low and behold I get pulled over by a officer who say's I was going 41 in a 30 mph zone. Then when he gets to my car he asks me to roll up my window a little to check my tints. I get busted with illegal tints too!! Anybody that lives in South Florida knows that 90% of the majority have tinted windows. I never removed them when I got back home in Missouri. Anyways I have two tickets for $125 total. It sucks now because I have to get my tints removed and if anyone that has tints knows that they make a car look ten times better Should I go ahead and pay the fine or go to court? I've never had to do this before so I was just wondering. I have 15% tints by the way. Legal percent is 35%.
    could be worse though. i got pulled over for my stereo and then he decideds that he needs to check my windows. i told him that they were broken due to a fuse being blown and they wouldn't roll up so he decided to roll them up for me. bashtard. to make matters worse he made me pop my hood to check for a carb sticker on the intake, gave me a ticket for to loud of exhaust, and confiscated my nos tank because i had it open.

Yea lots of people have them. It's a risk you take when you get them. Have a better looking car, but get ticketed for it BTW nice job with the colts last night.
    Thanks smak won a 100 what did you loose

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ive had 5% and double 5% on my old car. i never had a problem with it. sounds like that cop was just a total azz.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    could be worse though. i got pulled over for my stereo and then he decideds that he needs to check my windows. i told him that they were broken due to a fuse being blown and they wouldn't roll up so he decided to roll them up for me. bashtard. to make matters worse he made me pop my hood to check for a carb sticker on the intake, gave me a ticket for to loud of exhaust, and confiscated my nos tank because i had it open.
    I hear they are cracking down on that since "The Fast and the furious" came out. That sucks though btw. You were playing your music too loud?

Thanks smak won a 100 what did you loose

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    ive had 5% and double 5% on my old car. i never had a problem with it. sounds like that cop was just a total azz.
    Sucks, but I guess that's the way the law goes!

I guess too much

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear they are cracking down on that since "The Fast and the furious" came out. That sucks though btw. You were playing your music too loud?
    yep. always had loud stereos. my biggest was 8,12's and this one that i got the ticket with was 4,12's. i checked my record and i've got 11 stereo tickets from the time i was 17 to 20. the bad thing about it was that it was before the fast and the furious came out. luckily we have a family friend thats a police officer and got back my nos tank and signed off all my tickets except for the stereo ticket. that cop was pissed that he had to give back my nos the next day. pulled me over 2 other times after that and checked my nos tank both times it was closed and let me go but was never in a good mood when he pulled me over.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    5% tint so you cant see up in my windows

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Smak, you know I have tints on my Cherokee, and never had any problems until I travel north. Once I hit north broward the "sheriffs" (sounds like the dukes of hazard) get bitchy. I think I was around Davie (YeeeeHaw) when I got a ticket for my tints. Dumb****s, they could be doing much more productive things like catching actual bad people, but fvkk it let's give a fine to the hard working guys, just b/c he/she has tints.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    the front window on my ride in fla is tinted as well. very, very dark. i have been pulled over a thousand times for it. i keep an rx from an eye doctor in my glovebox. states my peepers are overly sensitive. all b.s. but never once got a ticket.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    5% tint so you cant see up in my windows
    fvckin rap..

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    fvckin rap..
    U love rap don't u chest

chest6 is offline Banned
    U love rap don't u chest
    I wish it would die...every song is the same damn thing..

theres a neighborhood/city near me called Oak Cliff and there is actually a song that says this over and over again..

Oak cliff..thats my hood..put it in his face make the shit understood..just repeats that for like 3 minutes..wow

and what the hell..theres a song that says lean back like 50 times..wtf? I could write a song like that in 2 seconds

i used to like a couple rap songs cuz theyd get me going like throw it up and a couple other lil jon songs but i mean it still sounds like everything else
    Last edited by chest6; 11-08-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information