Bigmac is offline Banned

Boycotting Aruba, what?

Normally I'm very indifferent of politicians. But what the governor of Alabama has asked really gets under my skin.

He has asked for a total boycott of Aruba. This week he will try to convince the other 50 governors to do the same.

To my knowledge the USA is boycotting 2 countries:
    Cuba
    North Korea
    Iraq was boycotted under the Saddam regime.

A couple of months ago an Alabama teenager dissapeared on Aruba and the case went cold. This is why he is asking for a boycott.

Aruba has a population of about 90,000 people. Tourism the the main source of income. Boycotting Aruba would destroy the nation.

And all of this because three young men (who are not even Arubans) who may or may have not harmed the Alabama teenager.

There are hundreds of Alabama teenagers missing in Alabama and in other USA states. I think what he is doing is totally out of proportion and very hypocrite.

I also think that it is very disrepectfull to the families of the other hundred of Alabama teenagers missing in Alabama and other USA states. They have gotten zero attention of the governor.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    ****ing idiots , crime happens everywhere

Ill make sure I go to aruba next summer hehe

decadbal is offline Banned
    count me out, there are lots of organisations lookin for missing ppl in the us.. there they are doing nada... take yoru GF with you when you go, or your sister... maybe your outlook will change

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac
    Normally I'm very indifferent of politicians. But what the governor of Alabama has asked really gets under my skin.

He has asked for a total boycott of Aruba. This week he will try to convince the other 50 governors to do the same.

Cuba
    North Korea

A couple of months ago an Alabama teenager dissapeared on Aruba and the case went cold. This is why he is asking for a boycott.

Aruba has a population of about 90,000 people. Tourism the the main source of income. Boycotting Aruba would destroy the nation.

And all of this because three young men (who are not even Arubans) who may or may have not harmed the Alabama teenager.

There are hundreds of Alabama teenagers missing in Alabama and in other USA states. I think what he is doing is totally out of proportion and very hypocrite.

I also think that it is very disrepectfull to the families of the other hundred of Alabama teenagers missing in Alabama and other USA states. They have gotten zero attention of the governor.
    its not because one teen is missing. it's because of how the aruban government is handling the case. i say we boycott it but then again i'm not in a good mood today and will probably say not to boycott it tomorrow.

Bigmac is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    its not because one teen is missing. it's because of how the aruban government is handling the case. i say we boycott it but then again i'm not in a good mood today and will probably say not to boycott it tomorrow.

I'm from Aruba. Boycotting 90,000 people because three losers may or may have not harmed the girl is out of proportion.

The media also portrays a total wrong representation of the truth. I never tought the media could be so mean, and misinform people just to make the story more dramatic and thus resulting in higher ratings.

They are painting Aruba like the villan in a cartoon.

I'm from Aruba. Boycotting 90,000 people because three losers may or may have not harmed the girl is out of proportion.

The media also portrays a total wrong representation of the truth. I never tought the media could be so mean, and misinform people just to make the story more dramatic and thus resulting in higher ratings.

They are painting Aruba like the villan in a cartoon.
    it's not because of the three losers, it's because they feel that the aruban government is not putting enough effort into her case. may or may not be being potrayed by the media right but thats the reasoning behind the boycott.

Bigmac is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    it's not because of the three losers, it's because they feel that the aruban government is not putting enough effort into her case. may or may not be being potrayed by the media right but thats the reasoning behind the boycott.

I understand your point. They feel that the Aruban government is not putting enough effort in the case.

- 3 days after her dissapereance the government gave every employe a half day off to help with the search
    - they heve organised numerous searches for the girl
    - more then 10 detectives have been assigned to the case and worked non-stop 3 months long on the case
    - 2 dutch Airforce jets with x-ray devices have been flown in to search
    - they held the suspect for 120 days (the maximum allowed by the dutch law, without pressing charges) and interrogated them daily, even a special dutch interrogation team was flown in
    - the Aruban government provided Mrs. Holloway with everything she needed while staying on the island for over 3 months.

The thing is, I don't understand why they are saying the government is not doing enough.

Perhaps when a person goes missing in the USA they put more effort in? If someone can answere this question for me, maybe I will be able to understand why they are saying the the Arubans are not putting enough effort.

I understand your point. They feel that the Aruban government is not putting enough effort in the case.

- 3 days after her dissapereance the government gave every employe a half day off to help with the search
    - they heve organised numerous searches for the girl
    - more then 10 detectives have been assigned to the case and worked non-stop 3 months long on the case
    - 2 dutch Airforce jets with x-ray devices have been flown in to search
    - they held the suspect for 120 days (the maximum allowed by the dutch law, without pressing charges) and interrogated them daily, even a special dutch interrogation team was flown in
    - the Aruban government provided Mrs. Holloway with everything she needed while staying on the island for over 3 months.

The thing is, I don't understand why they are saying the government is not doing enough.

Perhaps when a person goes missing in the USA they put more effort in? If someone can answere this question for me, maybe I will be able to understand why they are saying the the Arubans are not putting enough effort.
    that't a different story that what has been told by the media for sure. the case itself didn't spark anymore interest to me than did any other missing person on the news as bad as that may sound there are a lot of people that go missing in the world. it comes down to politics with everything though. i would be willing to bet that the governer that is trying to boycott aruba is using it to gain some popularity by potential future votors for his own gain by making a point that will be highly publicized and will will show the american people that he cares eventhough he could probabaly care less. was the girl that is missing from that state?

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    They rest of the world hates Americans because they dislike the polices of our government. Kinda sucks when you get lumped together don't you think?

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member

Cuba
    North Korea

think about what u r saying bro and give an educated answer. when people come up missing in alabama every resource is exhausted trying to find that person. the government in aruba is being very shady about the whole thing and they are also showing deception. dr phil is now involved and he has stated that he has major resouces working on the case and that he has had to send personal aircraft to fly people out of there because they are opening new avenues and catching major heat. we r gonna c some major shakeups there in the next few weeks. what if she was ur daughter. phuck aruba!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Anyone catch the Deepak interview where he calls the missing girl a whore and that she was asking for it?

Boycott the place and lets see if that lights a candle under their ass to do more.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    the US is actually boycotting 98% of the world, so relax

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    **** that bitch, people are missing all over the country and world everyday and she gets all that press, one girl! **** it, bookin my trip to Aruba right now!

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    **** that bitch, people are missing all over the country and world everyday and she gets all that press, one girl! **** it, bookin my trip to Aruba right now!
    she's gettin press exposure cause aruba is hindering the investigation. she may have got drunk and had a good time but thats what she was there for. does that mean she deserved to b kidnapped and probably murdered.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    ****ing idiots , crime happens everywhere

Ill make sure I go to aruba next summer hehe
    you better come to Barbados or i'll force my decadbal on you.

Agreed... From the resident of one small island to another: It's a political game.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Barbados seems more appealing to me... besides I remember some of your party pix you've posted Narkissos... my kind of place!!!

Barbados is cool mang... holla at me during the summer.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Parteh at Nark's house. Circa July, '06.....
    What do ya say, Nark?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Or, we could finally go on that hunting trip....

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Anyone catch the Deepak interview where he calls the missing girl a whore and that she was asking for it?

Boycott the place and lets see if that lights a candle under their ass to do more.
    shit bro what a little ****er but you can't punish the whole island.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm in for the Aruba boycotting. I was following the case pretty closely, and the officials there seem to run a very shady operation.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Aruba suc's donkey balls, boycott for me (Ha like I could afford to go on vacation this year anyway!!)

Partay at My house...no hunting trips lmao.

I can't believe you remember that thread

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Stupid politicans.

Thread Information