Thread: A nice riddle

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion

A nice riddle

Ok, this is a little off topic, but not totaly because it has to do with "war" (sort of).
    A friend asked me this riddle today. How you answer says something about you...Read it and try to answer, keep in mind that the answer might be in the next posts so don't read them before you're finished thinking about it. Some of you might know it. She said it was famous.

"Mr. Smith and his son Arthur ride in a car and hit a tree. Mr. Smith dies on spot and Arthur is rushed to the hospital in critical condition. As arthur is prepared for the operation to save his life, the surgeon enters the room and yells 'Oh! my son, Arthur!!".

Explain it...
    Last edited by Rak_Ani; 11-11-2005 at 06:09 PM.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Its his mother....

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I was going to say that the Surgeon was going to say "Your father didnt die he is alive", and the Surgeon said "my son" not literally.

But NewKid spoiled it for me.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I was going to say that the surgeon is the real father of the boy , maybe because his mom cheated on her husband.

Doesnt anyone watch the cosby show? heehehe sorry for the spoiling...

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    I was going to say that the surgeon is the real father of the boy , maybe because his mom cheated on her husband.
    Me too. But I thought that it was his real dad by divorce. And the one that died was Mr. Smith (Step dad) and had a different name from the real dad.

Anyways, am I crazy for thinking that? I guess so. I should go commit myself right now.

I got another one for you guys to see if your a real nut or not.

Two daughters are at there sisters funeral. One of the daughters sees a handsome young man. She talks to him and she finds out that he was good friends with the sister that died and the other sister thats with her. One week later her other sister dies.

The answer is on the next post.

Right answer to be sane.... I don't know what happened???

Wrong answer to be a complete f*cking nut job.... The sister killed her other sister to see the young gentleman again at the next funeral.

Every psychotic patient that was given this test failed. If you failed, please stay far away from me, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    Right answer to be sane.... I don't know what happened???

Wrong answer to be a complete f*cking nut job.... The sister killed her other sister to see the young gentleman again at the next funeral.

Every psychotic patient that was given this test failed. If you failed, please stay far away from me, thank you.
    My answer was something like the handsome man was making his rounds killing all the sisters for some reason...

transform is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    My answer was something like the handsome man was making his rounds killing all the sisters for some reason...

yeah i was thinking that myself. it seemed to make sense

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani

"Mr. Smith and his son Arthur ride in a car and hit a tree. Mr. Smith dies on spot and Arthur is rushed to the hospital in critical condition. As arthur is prepared for the operation to save his life, the surgeon enters the room and yells 'Oh! my son, Arthur!!".

Explain it...
    If the answer is mother this was a piece of cake. I figured it out and i suck at riddles BIG TIME!

Oh yeah, it doesn't mean you're crazy if you think that the man or anything else killed her. Your only crazy if you think that the sister killed the other one. Anyways, ta da daaa.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Ok, this is a little off topic, but not totaly because it has to do with "war" (sort of).
    A friend asked me this riddle today. How you answer says something about you...Read it and try to answer, keep in mind that the answer might be in the next posts so don't read them before you're finished thinking about it. Some of you might know it. She said it was famous.

Explain it...

First , 'dies on spot' , either he died on his dog spot , or you meant to write 'dies ON the spot .

second , the statement " 'Oh! my son, Arthur!!". dosent nessecarly mean the speaker is refering to 'Arthur' thier son .

third , i know im way off ,

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    First , 'dies on spot' , either he died on his dog spot , or you meant to write 'dies ON the spot .
    Good point. On spot. It wasnt on the spot.

But if it was a dog. The name would have to be in capital, and spelled like "Spot".

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    The surgeon is his mom.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok, this is a little off topic,
    How can anything posted in the lounge be off topic ?

I've seen threads started here like, "I pooped a hammer."

What did this have to do with war?

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Could have been someone who held a superior position.. like a leader tyep figure...

Sort of like a priest saying "oh my son, how are you" or someone in that perspective....Of course it could have been the mother... or someone who is just emotional in their line of work, and was hurt by his condition.....

or just a person who was grossed out... could be anyone... so many ways to explain... lol There isn't a right answer.
    No need for closure folks.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Its his mother....
    I agree

Me too. But I thought that it was his real dad by divorce. And the one that died was Mr. Smith (Step dad) and had a different name from the real dad.

Anyways, am I crazy for thinking that? I guess so. I should go commit myself right now.

Two daughters are at there sisters funeral. One of the daughters sees a handsome young man. She talks to him and she finds out that he was good friends with the sister that died and the other sister thats with her. One week later her other sister dies.

Your riddle was sent to me by Bouncer a long time ago. I answered it right. From what I understand it's used to determine psychopath way of thinking. The riddle I posted, according to my friend is used to determine chauvenistic state of mind (did I spell it right?).
    I guess the fact that I got your riddle right and my riddle wrong (I did answer it eventually, but it took some "guidance"), makes me a chauvenist psychopath....

BTW, I got your riddle right in the second guess...first one was complicated and I lost myself trying to explain it, so I figured a psychopath would have a simpler reason....and then I got it.
    Last edited by Rak_Ani; 11-12-2005 at 02:45 AM.

What did this have to do with war?
    "war between sexes"
    The feminine war for equality. This riddle determines chauvenistic state of mind.

O.fO.shO, being that English isn't my mother tongue, I have permission from the moderators to make mistakes every now and then...Thanks for the corrections anyway.

ZIA1 is offline New Member

Explain it...
    The doctor is a woman, hence, his mama

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    How can anything posted in the lounge be off topic ?

I've seen threads started here like, "I pooped a hammer."
    It was posted in the political board and moved here.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the surgeon is his mom?

Yes, the surgeon is his mom

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member

you told it wrong

Your riddle was sent to me by Bouncer a long time ago. I answered it right. From what I understand it's used to determine psychopath way of thinking. The riddle I posted, according to my friend is used to determine chauvenistic state of mind (did I spell it right?).
    I guess the fact that I got your riddle right and my riddle wrong (I did answer it eventually, but it took some "guidance"), makes me a chauvenist psychopath....

BTW, I got your riddle right in the second guess...first one was complicated and I lost myself trying to explain it, so I figured a psychopath would have a simpler reason....and then I got it.
    LOL, I don't think your crazy. In fact, I don't believe in a lot of those test cuz they're really not accurate.

Just like how psychologists say that you can tell if someone is lying if they move their eyes or body to the left to activate their creative brain hemisphere to create a lie. Well a test was done on that and everyone failed, so the point is that it is one hundred percent innacurate. lol

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    you told it wrong
    Yeah, I told it wrong but you didn't even post your answer first, and not to mention you probably read all of the answers first.

Yeah, I told it wrong but you didn't even post your answer first, and not to mention you probably read all of the answers first.
    nah dood, i heard that one years ago.

"There is this one girl, shes shy and is really anti-social, never goes out to meet ppl or guys or anything. One day her mother dies, on the funeral this girl she meets a guy, they talk and talk and she gets very intrested in the guy. After the funeral everyone goes home.
    Some time later her sister dies, WHY!?"

thats the real one..

nah dood, i heard that one years ago.

"There is this one girl, shes shy and is really anti-social, never goes out to meet ppl or guys or anything. One day her mother dies, on the funeral this girl she meets a guy, they talk and talk and she gets very intrested in the guy. After the funeral everyone goes home.
    Some time later her sister dies, WHY!?"

thats the real one..
    You both told it wrong.

Here is how it's supposed to be told:

"A girl goes to her mother's funeral. At the funeral she sees an handsome stranger (man) who she has never seen before. Although they don't exchange a word, she falls madly in love with him. A week later she KILLS her sister. Why?"

You both told it wrong.

Here is how it's supposed to be told:

"A girl goes to her mother's funeral. At the funeral she sees an handsome stranger (man) who she has never seen before. Although they don't exchange a word, she falls madly in love with him. A week later she KILLS her sister. Why?"
    they dont say she killed her sister, its "her sister DIES, why?"

they dont say she killed her sister, its "her sister DIES, why?"
    I guess we know different versions of it

Here's another one I heard on the radio several years ago. Students from Cambridge and children in kindergarten were asked this. Most children got the answer right, most students got it wrong. Maybe you know it.

"What is bigger than God,
    the poor have it,
    the rich need it
    and if you eat it, you die?"

Here's another one I heard on the radio several years ago. Students from Cambridge and children in kindergarten were asked this. Most children got the answer right, most students got it wrong. Maybe you know it.

"What is bigger than God,
    the poor have it,
    the rich need it
    and if you eat it, you die?"
    Is it figuratively speaking...your head?

Is it figuratively speaking...your head?
    No

transform is offline Associate Member

"What is bigger than God, NOTHING
    the poor have it, NOTHING
    the rich need it NOTHING
    and if you eat it, you die?" NOTHING

is the answer nothing

Thread Information