View Poll Results: Confederate Flag Tattoo Offensive?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, your a racist!

11 35.48%
  • NO, its just ink on your arm!

20 64.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Snoop is offline Associate Member

Offensive or Not (Confederate Flag Tattoo)

I seen a biker at my gym last Friday that had a tattoo of the Confederate Flag going up his forearm, I thought it was rather neat and was thinking about getting a sleave with the Confederate Flag in it. I dont personnaly look at the flag as a symbol of racism or any other type of hatred, however some may.

Please give your honest opinions, I will use this to determine if I should or shouild use this image or consider something else.

Thanks

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Are you from the South if so Alot would say pride not race but i'm not from the south and around here it would be a lil racist but that's up to you it's your body and might stir a little shit might not.

Nope not from the South.... From Detroit =)

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think its racist....it has a lot of heritage behind it....if you want to classify the confederate flag as racist than you should classify the american flag racist as well since slavery existed under it long before the confederate states of america even existed

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah i agree....... it depends on where your from....... but as with anything not everyone will look at it the same way you do. To some it will be a symbol of hatred so be ready to defend your reason of getting it if you do.

Lets just make one thing clear, dont be dishonest just to get me killed... =)

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    im from south TX, there is confederate flags everywhere. but i agree i guess it depends on where you live.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if you see a muslim with clothing that identifies him or her as such..

or a catholic with a cross.. are you offended??

that's what freedom is.. it costs alot.. meaning you have to put up with alot of assholes in order to have people think you are fair..

so sorry.. but deal with it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i dont find the flag itself racist im boren an breed in Georgia now live in TX the flag itself represents the first 13 states of america, but i would never get it tattooed on my body, just seems redneckish not that i am a hater towards rednecks just not my lifestyle

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    i dont think its racist....it has a lot of heritage behind it....if you want to classify the confederate flag as racist than you should classify the american flag racist as well since slavery existed under it long before the confederate states of america even existed
    You hit the nail on the head then bro! Never really thought of it that way. I am not a racist, and I see nothing wrong with it myself. I'm from SC and the flag flew over the state house for over 30 years until someone decided that they didn't want it up there. So they took it down. It now flies on the state capital grounds, right smack dab on the front lawn where everyone can see it! I love it! My great great great grandfather fought for the South in the civil war. I see it as heritage...not hate.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    im from aus..
    can i see what this flag looks like..
    and what does it resemble the flag itself??

chest6 is offline Banned
    Not racist at all. Its a heritage thing. I agree w UFC exactly...great point.

Quote Originally Posted by collar
    im from aus..
    can i see what this flag looks like..
    and what does it resemble the flag itself??

the flag is nothing offensive looking at all....its just the fact that the southern states flew this flag while fighting to keep slavery and all the other shit with it.....typically many pro racist groups use this flag as a symbol for white supremacy....but to many southerners it stands for southern heritage and minutely stands for slavery.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    the flag is nothing offensive looking at all....its just the fact that the southern states flew this flag while fighting to keep slavery and all the other shit with it.....typically many pro racist groups use this flag as a symbol for white supremacy....but to many southerners it stands for southern heritage and minutely stands for slavery.
    it was not to keep slavery, it was to keep what they thought of as freedom. racist groups have no right in using it. except for of course the right of freedom. hmmm now im confused

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    shit the southerners weren't really fighting for slavery, they were fighting against the union, which invaded them because they'd declared themselves withdrawn from the union, because they got shot down on everything in congress.

btw snoop i live about an hour from detroit and i would never get that. there are just too many people around here that would take it the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    shit the southerners weren't really fighting for slavery, they were fighting against the union, which invaded them because they'd declared themselves withdrawn from the union, because they got shot down on everything in congress.

yeah that too

Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    it was not to keep slavery, it was to keep what they thought of as freedom. racist groups have no right in using it. except for of course the right of freedom. hmmm now im confused

I should have elaborated more instead of saying "a bunch of other shit" but thats covered in it also...but slavery was also an important facet in their lives since the south was extremely poor in the mid 1800's and free labor was extraordinarily important.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    many ppl see the flag and automatically think your racist.where i stay theres nothing but skin heads wearing the flag or have it tat'd.some ppl are going to understand most will not.u ready to defend that tat, if you are go for it.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Herritage, Not Hate.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    totally depends on where you live man, I'm from missouri inwhich i consider kinda in between north/south and there are mixed views here. I'm from the country, the kids i know would do it out of racism, me, i know a lil more about it and take it as a symbol of the south. But now my friends that are black i know exactly what they would think and would have a serious problem with it. Just keep in mind that it varies like Smiley said if you are willing to defend it go ahead, i dont think i'd want to have to constantly defend something. Kind of like trying to convince ignorant people that steroids arent bad? It seems like a losing battle sometimes

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I find the confederate flag very redneckish. Not offensive.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Not a damn thing wrong with it, it is a southern symbol and its cool although i would not tattoo it on myself.

Only the idiot groups use it as a racist symbol.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    This is America, he can walk down the street with a thong on his head who the fvck cares?

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    This is America, he can walk down the street with a thong on his head who the fvck cares?
    If he is ready to deal with the social repercussions that comes with wearing a thong on his head or a confederate flag on his arm, then more power to him. Otherwise, just get some Yakuza style sleeves.
    Last edited by scriptfactory; 11-15-2005 at 04:42 AM.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    If he is ready to deal with the social repercussions that comes with wearing a thong on his head or a confederate flag on his arm, then more power to him. Otherwise, just get some Yakuza style sleeves.
    I have no idea what the confederate flag is , what it stands for , I didnt read the posts , I dont know what yakuza style sleeves are....

See Im the kinda guy who will walk past a man with a beer bottle hanging out his ass and a monkey jacking him off without even looking once...cuz nothing shocks me anymore.....

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally think it is in how the flag is used. I live in a smaller town in Oklahoma and this town IS very racist.

Let me put it this way.. 3 years ago when we bought land out here to build a house on my wife called the school to find out what we needed to do to enroll our daughter. The principal was telling her what was needed and proceeded to tell her how great the schools were and the best part "we have no blacks" He said this to her over the phone, he did not know who she was or anything. My wife was shocked and did not know what to say.

Now my point to this is kids and their fvcking stupid ass parents in this town drive their PU trucks with confederate flags hanging off the back and I find this very offensive because they are not showing Pride they are showing ignorance and intolerance and when you wear a flag like this people do not know the difference since they may not know you.

Now on the other hand I know a guy here in town that has a Confederate flag on his van and he is as cool as can be. He is a good Christian man but is a southern boy through and through.. he even does those civil war reenactments so to him it means something traditional not done in hate.

I think you should do what you want with your tats but remember you might be in a situation where someone is going to look at that flag as hate and you might find yourself in lots of trouble.

My 2 cents

Oldman

>> http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=ii&oi=imagest for those that want to know what a confederate flag is.. now what is sad is I put in "confederate flag" in google and on the first page it shows flags and also images of the KKK (dirty maggot bastards). These guys give the flag a bad rap.. hate, stupidity and way too much inbreeding
    Last edited by oldman; 11-15-2005 at 07:05 AM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    get whatever you want, just about everything rubs somebody the wrong way, million man march and black people month rubs me wrong. maybe we should have white people month? do you think anyone would have a problem with that?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    get whatever you want, just about everything rubs somebody the wrong way, million man march and black people month rubs me wrong. maybe we should have white people month? do you think anyone would have a problem with that?
    how bout white entertainment television? The other day david spade was talking about the "Black Movie Awards". Hes like hey ya when is the "White Movie Awards" comin up

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    hell ya man get it!

decadbal is offline Banned
    get the Ga flag....

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    The men who used to round up all the run away slaves back in the day carried the confederate flag in hand.
    Just a fact... But I doubt that many people care.
    A guy that I work with just painted his toolbox into the confederate flag, and he says "it's all in the past" and that "the meaning of the flag has lost all purpose".
    A point of View I guess...

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop
    Nope not from the South.... From Detroit =)
    Enough said. don't do it!

Snoop, I love your avatar... lol

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldnt make a rasist connection but its a bit to redneck for my taste. Im very biased though since I like no tatoos at all

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    Enough said. don't do it!
    I wouldn't do it...

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I wouldnt make a rasist connection but its a bit to redneck for my taste. Im very biased though since I like no tatoos at all
    johan, is that you in your avitar?

Yes, that is the word that i was looking for, "Redneck"...

I've wondered this myself...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah its me

yeah its me
    Is that your pants around your ankles?