steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

skydiving anyone ??

Sup fellas im looking into going skydiving for newyears if im not broke due to christmas, has anyone here done it ??? there is a place in San Marcos i can go cost about 100 bones, so im really looking foward to it, its a buddy jump system i will be strapped to the instructor for the entier jump so i should be safe so if anyone here has done it gimmie your input please..

davesuma is offline Associate Member
    i didnt, but my uncle did. He got it videotaped and everything. Same way, strapped to an instructor. He said it was amazing, and i think hes doing it again. I might go...

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    one of my girlfriends took me for my b-day last year and it was so amazing. it was seriously the greatest thrill i have ever had. it cost her like $400 for both of us though. the only bad part was the waiting around, we had to take a little class then wait like 4 hours for our turn (bunch of people there). i just kept getting more and more nervous. i think i chewed my hand off on the plane ride just before. thank god i was tandum...i prolly would have had an anxiety attack and forgot which cord to pull...haha

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah man I used to go skydiving all the time when I had the extra cash. You're talking about the place in fentress right? Been there a few times. It's a blast, there is nothing like it. Go you won't regret it.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    <------Scared sh*tless of heights, and snakes

solid-d is offline Member
    I done it 3 times this summer... To be very honest, ask your intructor if you guys can do spins durring freefall.. It will make it way better, and for sure you will not regret it.. Also if you want you can ask your intructor if you can jump out backwards in a back flip.. It is awsome time.. Check to see how high you go.. I go at 14,000.. Anything lower then 12,000ft is a rip off.. But $100 is a good deal.. Dont worry about the landing, its soft as hell(as long as the weather is good).. I just pick up my feet and slid right in on my ass.. But let us know how it goes, it is addictive like tattoos and steriods .. Be sure to do spins in freefall..

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    hell ya. next summer i wont to be able to jump by my self.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    hell ya. next summer i wont to be able to jump by my self.
    jumping solo >>>>>>> jumping with an instructor. you'll love it

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    you are jumping a "tandem jump" which usually involves about 5000 feet of freefall and 5000 feet with the shute open all while strapped to an instructor. Thare is about 45 minutes prep time for the Tandem Jump.

A few years ago I did the "Static Line" jump which consists of about 100 feet of freefall and 4900ft falling with the shute open. This jump you go by yourself. Kinda like a "Solo" jump but the difference here is when jump out of the airplane, your body weight pulls the shute open from a strap that is connected to your shute and anchored to the plane on the other end. There is about 8 hours of prep time for the Static Line jump.

Anyways dude, you are going to have a blast!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    Sup fellas im looking into going skydiving for newyears if im not broke due to christmas, has anyone here done it ??? there is a place in San Marcos i can go cost about 100 bones, so im really looking foward to it, its a buddy jump system i will be strapped to the instructor for the entier jump so i should be safe so if anyone here has done it gimmie your input please..

You should get Justin Sane to go with you...

He's use to having a man on his back.....

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    You should get Justin Sane to go with you...

He's use to having a man on his back.....

awsome thanks guys we changed plans we are going to do it over South Padre Island it only cost 90 bucks !!!, hell yeah i pumped for this i'll let you guys know how it goes we arnt gonna do it till January though thats when all my buds will be free to go

I jumped in florida once or twice. Beachside/ocean dropzones are the best around! beautiful view you will never want to stop.

a word of advice. I wouldn't make more than 2 jumps tandem. If you like it enough to keep doing it then it's a waste of money b/c tandem jumps don't get you anywhere closer to your license. If you really love it, save up 1200 and get your license. You only need 12 aff (accelerated free fall) solo jumps to get a license and then jumping is cheap in comparison.

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    the day i went with some friends they chose to jump by themselves with the cord attached -what a waste they only free-fell for 10-15 seconds and thats it. i signed up for tandem and there was only 1 other guy signed up with me so instead of jumping from 10,000ft we got to jump from 12500. Be prepared because when they say to get ready and they open the plane door the first thing that hits you is the freezing cold air at that altitude. after the instructor straps into you and you both jump it takes a splint second before gravity kicks in and in that split second its a feeling i can't describle, just make sure you pay the extra few bucks and have your jump videotaped, and remember to kiss the ground when you land, believe you'll want to.

any of you guys get sick ??? im guessing i shouldnt eat before i go right??

i didnt get sick but my ears hurt like a mofo on the free fall. when we landed i could feel the pressure even more so the instructer guy that i was strapped to held me ear lobe and tugged a little and told me to open my mouth real wide (okay, save the jokes). it was so creepy, i could hear my ears let out the pressure. it sounded like letting the air out of a balloon. but it felt really good.

random...sorry, but that was my experience!

i was totaly forgt about getting the ear pressuer thing O well i can deal with that, but did u eat before u went because you know how all of us eat on here

I always ate before I went. It's not really nauseating to be honest, just some butterflies when you first step to the door...but they are good butterflies- and I never had a problem really with my ears and the pressure. Eat maybe a sandwich an hour or so before your jump the first time you'll be ok. Maybe if you ate like a bucket of fired chicken with extra skin and grease you may feel a bit queasy

bigtraps is offline Member
    If they offer to video - do it! It's worth the money to have the video for the rest of your life.
    I have only done Tandum...would not do it again. I would only jump solo again - I actually thought the bungee was more exciting - that gets my heart pumping just thinking about it. I guess there is just something about doing things on your own.

i ate before we went to the site, but then i had to wait like 4 hours so by the time we i jumped i didnt have anything in my stomach. i second the video....i wish i had gotten one.

Thread Information