FINAMAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Does anyone here have a RC?
    lol whats an RC?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Remote control.

Buggies, truggies, trucks, etc.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ahh damn my friend used to..thing went fvckin like 70.. I mean I basically had one cuz i was over there everyday for like a year haha

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    mugen mx3 & rc10gt

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My cousin is in to RC racing big time, he's been to the nationals several times.

He's been racing gas powered trucks lately, damn things fast.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 11-15-2005 at 08:24 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yup......

I have an electric car with throttle control and it's all wheel drive. Real MPH is about 30............

I also have 3 planes, but don't fly those anymore, I lost my touch!

~SC~

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I work at a radio shack so I mess around with Rc's a lot. There is this RC quad that is pretty sweet, awd, and actually has so much torque it can actually pull wheelies in reverse on the front wheels; unfortunatly I ran it into a street sign and messed something up. There is a helicopter that is kind of amusing, but pretty crappy as it only has up down, and rutter control. A hummer with treads for tires, I had some fun in the flower garden out front of the store. And there is a dirt bike with jyroscopic stabilization and that is pretty cool. Personally I like the little 2stroke gas powered RC cars that go like 60, those are neat.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I got a truck, 7 turn reedy motoer, oil resvior shocks, way to much to list, about$800 invested havent used in a while now, Im a conpulsive buyer!

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    always wanted an airplane. Helped build a jet powered RC Falcon 900 one time wing span was 12 ft. Cost the guy well over 10g's he had it off the ground about 5 mins, straight into a corn field. Need less to say i was upset

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Yup. Fun, fun.

-LH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RC Hobbiests-330l2.jpg   RC Hobbiests-cap.jpg  

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Yup. Fun, fun.

-LH
    hence the name HUMUNGOUS , nice plane !

system admin is offline Owner
    I just bought a 5 foot 25cc gas boat does about 40 and has a nasty 10ft rooster! I love it.. accept for when I kill it and have to strap on the life vest and swim 100 yards!! hahah

About to get a gas buggy today or tomorrow. I love them! R/C planes are a blast as well, but I hate having to travel to a big park to play with them. The boat I can play in the lake (my back yard) and the buggies I can play with anywhere.

Anyone else have any R/C?

Bc

that plane is N A S T Y!!!

Bc

In case anyone would like to see some action...

XRAY NT18
    http://www.teamxray.com/nt18/index_high.htm

Mayhem RTR (streaming is slow...might want to right click and save this one)
    http://www.sportwerksrc.com/ProdInfo...320x240_bb.wmv

Checkout this 1/5 bad boy!
    http://www.rcpics.net/media/Baja_5B_Long.wmv

Waiting on the NEW LST-2!!!!!! Going to be freaking sweet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    I just bought a 5 foot 25cc gas boat does about 40 and has a nasty 10ft rooster! I love it.. accept for when I kill it and have to strap on the life vest and swim 100 yards!! hahah

About to get a gas buggy today or tomorrow. I love them! R/C planes are a blast as well, but I hate having to travel to a big park to play with them. The boat I can play in the lake (my back yard) and the buggies I can play with anywhere.

Anyone else have any R/C?

Bc
    What kind of buggy!? Kit or RTR?

Check out this bird. What a beast. Great RC pilot too!

http://media.putfile.com/Remote-Controlled-Airbus-A380

damn! That is the mayham I am picking up!

That jumbo jet is INSANE!!! those kinds of toys... I think I will just spectate. That is the kind of thing where you look like a bad ass while you are flying it.. and then a dumb ass when it breaks! hahah

Bc

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    Ofna Hyper 7 with all graphite upgrades.

The Mayhem is great! Closest thing to a pro racer you can get from a RTR. The 0.26 kicks ass. I have heard some negatives about their front arms. Quick replacement. I would have one...except none of my LHS carry parts for it. 2-3 week wait for parts. Most LHS's around here carry OFNA. I think OFNA's RTR's kind of suck b/c of the AM radio. Although the new Hyper 8 looks pretty quick. You may want to wait on the specs of the Hyper 8 before buying the Mayhem. I guess most RTR radio equipment isn't good anyway...most likely want to replace the servos and radio with anything RTR. Although pending if you want to bash or race.

Might want to consider a truck if you plan on just bashing. They can handle a beating!

You can check out the Hyper 8 at OFNA.com. Mainly just pictures now.

...and a look at the car in action here.
    http://www.ofna.com/movs/hyper8.mov

Yup, actually that's 2 planes. A 40% Extra 300 and a 40% Cap 232. Both have 150cc twin cylinder gas engines.

I have a lot more stuff, but for the sake of security, I can't share. Sorry.

If you like jets check out www.georgiajets.com it's a closed membership club, only jets and competition pilots accepted. You may think that's harsh, but imagine this: you have about $30,000 in a toy plane. It's a contest winner, and you've made twice what you have in it back in winnings. Do you really want to fly around with a guy who has a $100 POS and take the chance of a mid air? At 200mph a mid air is catastrophic.

I never got into cars much, so 2 dimensional. Hehe.

Anyway, it's truly a great hobby. I have some foamies that I fly around in my living room too....

-LH

that plane is N A S T Y!!!

Bc
    Thanks, I think....LOL

-LH

He crashed that B-52. There's a movie file of it somewhere....flames and all.

***$$$$poof$$$****

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    He crashed that B-52. There's a movie file of it somewhere....flames and all.

***$$$$poof$$$****

-LH
    http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/b52crash.mpeg

That's the first one he crashed. Or perhaps the second.

He built another and crashed it too. Good grief that's a lot of money to just be boring flaming craters with.

-LH

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Lord Humungous thats a nice plane man. Extra 300's are nice machines (real ones not rc) That's patty wagstaffs plane of choice. I've been around aerobatics for a long time, my dad is good friends with Gerry molidor if you know the name. One of the best aerobatic pilots in the world. I'll just stick with rc lol

Yo BC!

Did you pick up a buggy?

I have just bought a revo Truck and a Mayham buggy. Picking them next week. (bought one for the lady hahah )

Looking forward to playing around with them. I have some land next to my house that I may use to make a small dirt track. these things have come a loooong way from the R/C 10 buggy I bought 13 years ago... and not using up 2 full days to put these together makes their price A-OK with me!!

Bc

I have just bought a revo Truck and a Mayham buggy. Picking them next week. (bought one for the lady hahah )

Looking forward to playing around with them. I have some land next to my house that I may use to make a small dirt track. these things have come a loooong way from the R/C 10 buggy I bought 13 years ago... and not using up 2 full days to put these together makes their price A-OK with me!!

Bc
    Nice RC's! Tha Mayhem should keep you entertained! The Revo should go through anything! That was quite the shopping trip. Were they both RTR's?

Did you get a chance to try the Losi LST? It won Truck of the Year for 2005. They have now taken that truck...added on the upgrade parts available...made a new 427 engine for it...and have released it as the LST2. This thing is sweet. Comes with 3CH synthesized FM radio, glow ignitor, receiver pack and charger too! Should be out just before XMas.

Oh God...the RC-10. I had one back in 87. Those MF'ing tie rods ends were the life of me. What was with that green ceramic conductor for the throttle!? Like spend some money on a servo guys! Geez! I have some pics of my old RC-10 floating around. I'll scan them when I find them.

hahahha!! My RC 10 had a hell of a time keeping the F'n throttle control right! haha

Honestly... I made a huge launch ramp before I got sick of fixing the thing and (no shit) launched it over a car port and 3 cars! It was f'n sick! And even better than that... when I was trying to break it... it wouldnt completely break until like 4-5 jumps! hahah

All of my new toys were put together already. I saw a new buggy they are coming out with that does 55 out of the box... thats nuts!
    Bc

hahahha!! My RC 10 had a hell of a time keeping the F'n throttle control right! haha

Honestly... I made a huge launch ramp before I got sick of fixing the thing and (no shit) launched it over a car port and 3 cars! It was f'n sick! And even better than that... when I was trying to break it... it wouldnt completely break until like 4-5 jumps! hahah

All of my new toys were put together already. I saw a new buggy they are coming out with that does 55 out of the box... thats nuts!
    Bc
    RTR (Ready to Run) are a great way to go if you starting out again.

If you decide you want to stay in the hobby...buy a good radio and replace/upgrade your receivers and servos. Money well spent.

Not to offend you here...but do you know how to break in the engines? Fvck the idle method. Heat cycle them.

I will buy a remote first thing. I have two boats now and these two new toys, so it is time to get a good one.

bc

Ah cool...so you're not new to nitro. Have you tried the heat cycling method? People are swearing by it now.

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    yeah i got a lil obsession with rc, i got a associated tc3 with an rb motor in it and a few other mods. I also got the 1/7 scale hot bodies lightning street. I had a hpi savage with an o.s. motor in it but i sold it i was also into boats at one time but sold all of those also. Im lookin to get somethin for off-road soon not sure what yet maybe a revo. I also had a kyosho inferno 7.5 sports, but i did not like the thing at all. maybe if it was the kani edition i would have liked it better. Its a really fun hobby not into planes much but i might get a heli tho , just becasuse they are so cool lookin.

deff. a great hobby!

Bc

Thread Information