chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Who knows their JEWELERY?

I am looking at buying my gf an engagement ring very soon and was wondering what i should pay. I am looking for a 1.5 carat diamond solitare princess cut ring. I went to a local place and they said the ring would start at 6 grand..... what should I pay?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    depending on the quality anywere from 3 to 10 thousand, damn you could buy a badass toy with that..

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    pm me and we can talk .. i work in jewelery

good topic can we drag vette in here for this????? lol

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    why are you purchasing a single diamond at 1.5 cts???

i would suggest that at 1 ct... and get the quality and clairity up..

jmho..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    pm justinsane...he owns this big ass company or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    why are you purchasing a single diamond at 1.5 cts???
    cause its bigger DUH! lol

Honestly i have lots of ladies come in wanting a bigger stone and compromising the quality becaus ethey are only in interested in size.

Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess

Honestly i have lots of ladies come in wanting a bigger stone and compromising the quality becaus ethey are only in interested in size.
    Size matters

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Size matters
    to some

honestly why do woman care about the size of there ring?? is it an self esteem issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    honestly why do woman care about the size of there ring?? is it an self esteem issue ?
    its a sign of how much he loves you ( ha ha)

materialistic reasons seriosly

its a hunter-gatherer he can provide and he proved himself kinda shit...thats the best they could come up with...haha...****...

Ok well what about the couples that get there wife or husbands name tattoed around there finger thats seems cheaper and its there FOREVER

Ok well what about the couples that get there wife or husbands name tattoed around there finger thats seems cheaper and its there FOREVER

but diamonds and vibrators are a girls best friend

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You get what you pay for............ my wife wanted a round diamond in a tiffany platinum setting............ the diamond is colorless, and has very few flaws. I would have to find the paper work for all the numbers and codes but I paid over $7k for the diamond........ She get complements all the time on the diamond. I never seen a diamond that gave out all the colors this one does.

So I wouldn't worry about the size but would worry about the quality of the diamond.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    poor guy.... my moms got a 3.2 carrot and my sister has a 2 carrot and then another one thats three stones that are over 1 carrot! Im gonna have to come up BIG and clear when I get married

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    You get what you pay for............ my wife wanted a round diamond in a tiffany platinum setting............ the diamond is colorless, and has very few flaws. I would have to find the paper work for all the numbers and codes but I paid over $7k for the diamond........ She get complements all the time on the diamond. I never seen a diamond that gave out all the colors this one does.

So I wouldn't worry about the size but would worry about the quality of the diamond.
    Sounds like the onw I bought except in white gold. Platinum can lose its luster. Mine was an E, VS1, Ideal.

Chuck...spend the money on quality...not quantity. A .75-1C showcase diamond will wow people more than a mediocre 1.3C.

Secondly consider a Canadian Artic diamond. A very socially aware thing to do IMHO. They come with a lasered maple leaf and serial number on the girdle. Plus it comes with a laser readout out (like a human's finger print) and is registered with Gemprint.

African diamonds have blood all over them!!

http://www.canadianarcticdiamond.com...ification.html

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i tell ya what..

my wife gets hit on all the time, and when they see that rock they back off,,.. damn,,, can't compete there..

might as well love for the easier fish..

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    good topic can we drag vette in here for this????? lol
    Not a chance.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    you add upwards of 900=1500 if setting it in platinum............or are you going w/ gold or silver, that'll cost 1/3 as much.

Regardless of size you really want nothing lower than G-H in color, (which is borderline colorless) and you really don't want anything lower than an SI1.
    an SI1 diamond
    has inclusions or blemishes larger than a grain of salt when viewed under 10X magnification Almost all SI1 diamonds are eye-clean, which means the flaws can't be seen with the naked eye.
    A smaller clean diamond.1.25 carats will "pop" much more than a larger 1.50 diamond of lesser quality

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I bought a nice zirconia..... she can't tell the difference.

tempbrit is offline Member

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. Girls are not going to give a damn in the diamond has some type of flaw in it that is not distinguishable to the human eye. They are going to be concerned that it sparkles (which I believe requires a good cut) and most importantly HOW Damnn big it IS!

Bigger the Better.....Size Matters!!!!

tempbrit is offline Member
    Ohh and by the way, I think diamonds for a girl is a far better investment than a set of new boobs.

Over the course of my life, I have bought 4 diamond rings and 3 sets of boobs. Interestingly enough, the boobs are roughly in the same ballpark as a diamond (depending on settings). However, of the 4 diamond rings I have purchased, I actually got two of them back and got some cash back in return. Kind of hard to get the boobs back.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    did I hear DIAMONDS!!!! you can pm me if you like!

Get the lowest colour and the best cut! Even with a mid clarity it will pop. A D-F Ideal cut will sparkle even with a SI1-SI2. Sacrifice the clarity to a mid point for colour and cut! Screw the siz too. .75-1.0C as a high quality diamond will amaze her friends. not some yellowed 1.25C garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Get the lowest colour and the best cut! Even with a mid clarity it will pop. A D-F Ideal cut will sparkle even with a SI1-SI2. Sacrifice the clarity to a mid point for colour and cut! Screw the siz too. .75-1.0C as a high quality diamond will amaze her friends. not some yellowed 1.25C garbage
    that is the only part I can't agree with... when you venture from a SI1 to a SI2, the inclusions can be evidently noticable to the naked eye... I would never recommend getting a SI2 if at all avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    you add upwards of 900=1500 if setting it in platinum............or are you going w/ gold or silver, that'll cost 1/3 as much.

Regardless of size you really want nothing lower than G-H in color, (which is borderline colorless) and you really don't want anything lower than an SI1.
    an SI1 diamond
    has inclusions or blemishes larger than a grain of salt when viewed under 10X magnification Almost all SI1 diamonds are eye-clean, which means the flaws can't be seen with the naked eye.
    A smaller clean diamond.1.25 carats will "pop" much more than a larger 1.50 diamond of lesser quality

Damn you guys know your diamonds! I am impressed....I am kinda clueless about those codes that you are throwing around.

See the thing is is that the diamond we looked at was like the lowest quality, the jeweler pointed out some very minor flaws that you have to look really close to see.
    I dont think my girlfriend cares too much about the quality and what not....she doesnt know her jewelery much either , I dont think she would be able to point out any flaws even on a crappy diamond.

I will talk to her about maybe going smaller but better quality....but the thing is is that I want this whole thing to be a suprise. She knows its coming but she thinks not for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Damn you guys know your diamonds! I am impressed....I am kinda clueless about those codes that you are throwing around.

See the thing is is that the diamond we looked at was like the lowest quality, the jeweler pointed out some very minor flaws that you have to look really close to see.
    I dont think my girlfriend cares too much about the quality and what not....she doesnt know her jewelery much either , I dont think she would be able to point out any flaws even on a crappy diamond.

I will talk to her about maybe going smaller but better quality....but the thing is is that I want this whole thing to be a suprise. She knows its coming but she thinks not for a long time.
    you're better off going for a smaller diamond with better quality imo... the shine and overall appearance will overtake any look of a .5 larger diamond.

Ok say if I buy a one carat diamond with a good quality,what can I expect to pay?

Thread Information