Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IronFreakX is offline Banned

I might join the US army.....

Im a dual national (american/egyptian) born and lived in florida for the 1st 3 years...and the rest of my life in egypt... now im moving back...probably to florida..not sure yet...neway i got a couple of questions

-will the other nationality be a problem? (i wanna get rid of it neway but dunno if i can before im 21)

-can i get a degree in photography thru the army?

-Can I choose to be a sniper if i pass the tests or wutever or do u get assigned automatically?

-will i get to go to iraq? cuz if not **** that i aint joinin...

thnx

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sign up for the Marines if you want to be a Sniper, my boy was a Marine Scout Sniper....Real bad ass, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Sign up for the Marines if you want to be a Sniper, my boy was a Marine Scout Sniper....Real bad ass, to say the least.
    I need some info about all these things...and the sites are too damn confusing u know?

I guess when im there ill go check the offices and talk to a recruiter ....wut are they called...???

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are of arab descent i can imagine the military being a really shitty experience.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    if you are of arab descent i can imagine the military being a really shitty experience.
    I was thinking the same thing...but elaborate plz...

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't even wanna get into all that shit guys might razz you over, but there could def. be a lot of slurs thrown at you, and people making "jihad" jokes, and calling your a terrorist, etc. they may do it to be funny, or to hurt yur feelings, but either way it could really get bad after awhile.

i don't even wanna get into all that shit guys might razz you over, but there could def. be a lot of slurs thrown at you, and people making "jihad" jokes, and calling your a terrorist, etc. they may do it to be funny, or to hurt yur feelings, but either way it could really get bad after awhile.
    If im gonna be killing people, Id like to think i can deal with a few comments...u know?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Why do you want to go to Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Why do you want to go to Iraq?
    get some action there....

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I'm half Lebanese and in the military and have no probs whatsoever. I'm 3rd generation so I really don't have any heritage and my mom is of different decent. Also, if you didn't know me, you wouldn't be able to place my ethnicity (Latino, Italian, Greek, ect) Sometimes we joke about it but nothing serious at all. When I was in the mid east we'd joke that I might receive friendly fire on accident but just in good humor. I'd say ethnicity shouldn't be to much of an issue once you establish a relationship your peers.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    If you go good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    I'm half Lebanese and in the military and have no probs whatsoever. I'm 3rd generation so I really don't have any heritage and my mom is of different decent. Also, if you didn't know me, you wouldn't be able to place my ethnicity (Latino, Italian, Greek, ect) Sometimes we joke about it but nothing serious at all. When I was in the mid east we'd joke that I might receive friendly fire on accident but just in good humor. I'd say ethnicity shouldn't be to much of an issue once you establish a relationship your peers.
    Yeah, I was thinkin the same.I mean in the 1st couple of months or wutever yeah theres bound to be some joking, hazing etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    If you go good luck bro.
    thnx bro

Yeah, should be great fun....

Yeah, should be great fun....
    Yup.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

you go girl!!!props!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    you go girl!!!props!!!!
    asshole

why dont ya come along booz?

Yup.
    Right up until the point when you get shot at.

Right up until the point when you get shot at.
    Ill be careful

i g2g workout now...if some1 has ne info about my questions plz answer em

thnx

L8RRRRRR WHORRREEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    why dont ya come along booz?
    aaahhhh mate anythin to get outa this shithole of a country!! will they give ma kids a gun????

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    you don't get to choose to be a sniper, you have to have the skill tobe a sniper. i can't go to the airforce tommorow and say i want to be a piolot, you have to have the potential or background in the area of expretise. they will pay for college, but you have to give them X amount of years. i admire you for your bravery, but i know a few to many men who did not make it back, not to sure it is something you jump into,it isn't a summer vacation. girl i know lost her husband, he was blown up by a suicide bomber whileeating in the mess hall, he was less than 3 months from being discharged, he planed on coming home and starting a family, he was with his wife for ten years, now she is a widow at 30 and nothing can fix the damage that has been done. i don't want to put in my personal oppinion at least i am trying not to, but make sure you know exactly What u r getting into.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

I can see it really benefitting him actually. Since he is familiar with the customs and is fluent with the language I think he'd be a valuable asset to the Army.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    ive just recently signed up for the airforce and im real happy about it,not as gun-ho as i am but its ok.i just did alot of reading online,dont go to any official army site,they will b.s. you,you have to go to a site that was written by people who were in the army and got out.theres actually alot of stuff online about it.yuor nationalities wont be a prob as long as you have all your personal records,birth cer,social s c,i.d.,diploma,and if you have any pins or screws in you,you need the x rays.if you join the military you are almost garunteed to go to iraq,and if you want to go you will.im sapposed to be leaving hopefully within a month.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Air Force is the way to go. But it sounds like you'd like the marines better ironfreak. Those fukers are crazy and they get the shittiest/most dangerous assignments! I would think and research about it for a while though. By the way you sound "i wanna be a sniper and kill people", you sound like you dont know much about the military. good luck to you.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    yes,if you are a sniper it would be cool to tell people that but there are a ton of snipes in the army and dont think your going to be going on crazy missions like the movies its just really hard/gay/boring training.ive done some reading about being a sniper and man it sounds ruf.but if you got you mind set on that then go for it.im kinda lookin at doin combat controlling but i might do that for my second term.good luck to yuo bro.

DoneThoo2 is offline New Member
    I would look at security agancies like Titan or Blackwater. Good Pay and you do some protection in all area of the Middle East. You would have no plroblem getting a job with these type of companies, they are always looking for bilingual, especially Arab-English.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    first of all you need to go back to the states, then join the US Army and into an infantry units, then you will proceed to ask your CO to be send to Sniper School at Fort BEnning Georgia.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I can see it really benefitting him actually. Since he is familiar with the customs and is fluent with the language I think he'd be a valuable asset to the Army.

I agree he would be a very valuable asset to the military and I seriously doubt anyone will give him shit since his ass is right there on the line with the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoneThoo2
    I would look at security agancies like Titan or Blackwater. Good Pay and you do some protection in all area of the Middle East. You would have no plroblem getting a job with these type of companies, they are always looking for bilingual, especially Arab-English.
    they dont have any authority do they?

Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    ive just recently signed up for the airforce and im real happy about it,not as gun-ho as i am but its ok.i just did alot of reading online,dont go to any official army site,they will b.s. you,you have to go to a site that was written by people who were in the army and got out.theres actually alot of stuff online about it.yuor nationalities wont be a prob as long as you have all your personal records,birth cer,social s c,i.d.,diploma,and if you have any pins or screws in you,you need the x rays.if you join the military you are almost garunteed to go to iraq,and if you want to go you will.im sapposed to be leaving hopefully within a month.
    u know any bro??

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Air Force is the way to go. But it sounds like you'd like the marines better ironfreak. Those fukers are crazy and they get the shittiest/most dangerous assignments! I would think and research about it for a while though. By the way you sound "i wanna be a sniper and kill people", you sound like you dont know much about the military. good luck to you.
    oh yeah thats wut i want...but ur rite..i dont much about the military...

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    oh yeah thats wut i want...but ur rite..i dont much about the military...
    LOL. your crazy bro. but i'm sure you know that already

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    LOL. your crazy bro. but i'm sure you know that already
    Man how can you not love that shit....knowing that you can die any second...thats ****ing hot!!!!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    You have to remember the other aspects as well. Depending on where your at, you might have some shitty facilities i.e. mess hall, bathroom, ect ect. You won't have much communication with family or friends, no pussy, no alcohol, shittie food, and what not. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but you have to know what your getting into rather than just thinking about the glamorous stuff you see in movies.

I would also say that for what you are looking for, go Marines. Keep your nose clean and impress some officers and you may get a shot at STA. Good luck whatever path you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    You have to remember the other aspects as well. Depending on where your at, you might have some shitty facilities i.e. mess hall, bathroom, ect ect. You won't have much communication with family or friends, no pussy, no alcohol, shittie food, and what not. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but you have to know what your getting into rather than just thinking about the glamorous stuff you see in movies.

I would also say that for what you are looking for, go Marines. Keep your nose clean and impress some officers and you may get a shot at STA. Good luck whatever path you choose!
    thnx bro , whats STA?

Saint thomas academy..

but why would I wanna go there? im already done with high skool

Man how can you not love that shit....
    Quite easily, by understanding that it won't be like a movie.

knowing that you can die any second...thats ****ing hot!!!!
    No it's not.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    You might get more info on being a sniper on www.snipercountry.com

Some great sniper photos there too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information