NightOp is offline Member

Post Useful Advice/Words of Wisdom about relationships

Ok everyone, I realize the ask the opposite sex forum is locked, this is not really an "ask the opposite sex" type of question, but I encourage both sexes to particapate maturely and keep the conduct in line with the best interests of everyone.

What sayings or advice or words of wisdom do you know about looking for new relationships or the overall subject of relationships ? (Please no lude or crude comments once again, rather try to keep the replies similiar to what I add below, I know everyone will, just have to say that ).

To get this started, I here is one of my most useful and favorite tidbit on this subject which I hold to be usually true>

"The two-look rule" = If I see a good looking girl that I don't know and want to know if she is interested in me, I initiate the "first look" meaning I make eye contact with her deliberately (don't stare and drool though ) and then a minute or two later (or longer if you saw her at a table at a public place for example) I try for the second look.. If she won't make eye contact a second time, then that means bail out, she is not interested. If she does make the second (and often more) eye contact with you, it is safe to proceed I use this two-look rule and have found it to be generally true, especially after talking to girls and learning how much the eyes are used in conveying interests.
    Last edited by NightOp; 05-12-2002 at 04:02 PM.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Be honest from the get-go. Trust is something you earn and hard to get back once its lost. Even trivial lies are damaging and make it hard for you to be believed when the important issues come up. (Why lie about something small anyway? I don't know--but people do!)

Being able to be honest about the big issues, staying honest when it's tough is one of the hardest things you can do--but that seperates the strong from the weak.

NightOp is offline Member
    very true ajax, thanks for the reply.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Agree with you Night Op. Went to a cookout/party last night. A few nice young ladies in attendence. Nothing like looking over to catch one of them looking at you and they don't look away, then catch them again, and again, and you are like, darn, I guess I need to take my skirt off and get over there to say hi! Green light in my book to introduce yourself and find out a little about them. Another big green light is when your talking to a friend who is female, and hanging out, and she just happens to speak up that someone seems interested.

Love women who make it known with subtle hints that they wouldn't mind some conversation. I am not one to be to agressive myself so thank God there are some women out there that initiate a little flirting. Shows they are assertive.

What I hate is when a girl is telling your friends and anybody that will listen that she likes you but then when you talk to her she doesn't give even the slightest hint of interest, but then you hear again that she likes you. I don't know, I guess I like a girl who flirts a little if she is interested.

Ajax - Honesty is the best policy. I figure if a girl lies about the smallest things, things that it would be easy to be honest about, than how are you going to trust her with big issues. I can't stand friends that make up things when they first meet someone.

Sexual Mustard is offline New Member
    I'm more on the cautious side of things since I've been hurt pretty badly. I would advise not to open yourself up too early to a potential girlfriend; almost be kind of cold to her. Otherwise you can set yourself up to be hurt. I know that sounds kind of cruel, but if she can put up with that, then she's golden.

And that's a NICE statement coming out of a woman-hater like me!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Keep your friends and her friends seperate. Not necessarily completely....you should have mutual friends, but if you and she part ways, it can sometimes cause the split to be even more painful and difficult.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    Originally posted by Sexual Mustard
    I'm more on the cautious side of things since I've been hurt pretty badly. I would advise not to open yourself up too early to a potential girlfriend; almost be kind of cold to her. Otherwise you can set yourself up to be hurt. I know that sounds kind of cruel, but if she can put up with that, then she's golden.

And that's a NICE statement coming out of a woman-hater like me!

my sentiments exactly.

Thread Information