Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new argument

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    i just think its bullsh!t that the cop fired into a car with innocent people inside for no justifiable reason.

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    First, the kid tried to hit him, then he fired shots, not the other way around. So attempted murder on the kids part seems like a reason that he opened fire. They say the officer was knocked down as he was firing.
    So why take a life?
    Because it seems like a kill or be killed situation. Routine traffic stops have turned into cops getting shot and killed, yet alone someone trying to hit you with a car.
    I'm just glad it wasn't my decision to make.
    And nice editing by the news to make it look like the cops were roughing up the lady when really the lady charged at the motorcycle cop.

Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    almost the same thing happened in stl a cop killed 2 people when a truck he pulled over started to roll backwards cause it was a manual transmission and on a hill. He claims he shot in self defense because he was in immediate danger of being run over. Y the fvck didn't he just jump out of the way, he obviously wasn't in that much trouble if he had time to kill 2 of the guys in the car and still get out of the way. Fvcking piece of sh!t cop. http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...7?OpenDocument
    I used to live in st. louis where cops got smoked on the street all the time. This is where people call the cops so they can take pop shots at them from apartment roof tops. If you are from there you can recall a couple years ago when 2 people in an alley were breaking into a car when a cop rolled them up, the 2 suspects opened fire with automatic weapons....
    and you wonder why cops are jumpy...

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO thats even worse. The pig fired after already being out of danger! But his pride was hurt so he had to kill the punk. That kid would have been caught in like 10 minutes and spent YEARS in prison. Instead hes dead and his family must suffer and greive for the rest of there lives.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    In some place that are rougher than others you take no chances if I say freeze and you run, to some you don't know if they are leading you to a trap of going for a weapon. In my little town this would be diffrent b/c the worst thing that has happend here was a jaywalker lol. In a city where murder happens all the time well its diffrent you give them one chance to surrender if they fail to then all bets are off

Everyone lost in this situation. Not the outcome anyone wanted I'm sure.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reprisal 6
    I used to live in st. louis where cops got smoked on the street all the time. This is where people call the cops so they can take pop shots at them from apartment roof tops. If you are from there you can recall a couple years ago when 2 people in an alley were breaking into a car when a cop rolled them up, the 2 suspects opened fire with automatic weapons....
    and you wonder why cops are jumpy...
    I'm from stl and theres a big difference between a county cop and a city cop, this all happened in a urban middle class neighborhood- not the inner city. East STL is oneof the most dangerous places in the country but the county is a totally different story.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    shot for b&e on cars......not right, the cop should have handled it way different. i dont like high pursuit chases for minor crimes either. the force on the mother was not excessive..........i side with 305guy.... your a little thin skinned (pun intended)on this one mudman ......... cant we just get along........ lol

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    shot for b&e on cars......not right, the cop should have handled it way different. i dont like high pursuit chases for minor crimes either. the force on the mother was not excessive..........i side with 305guy.... your a little thin skinned (pun intended)on this one mudman ......... cant we just get along........ lol
    You have a PM............... and I'm not thinned skinned. The facts are there he tried to run the cop down it wasn't just for a B&E....... the kid has no respect for the law so the cop did what was needed. Now he's gone and that's one less criminal on the streets. Shame to look at it that way but this wouldn't be the last crime this kid would have been in.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    The cop should rot in prison for the rest of his life. They are way to quick to use violent force. There are good cops, unfortunately the majority seem to be nothing more than a typical "pig".

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    when a cop in sa goes thru the academy they are taught that a car coming at u is considered deadly force. as for the warning shot theory it would work only once cause after criminals start to figure that they are going to fire a warning shot do u think they will stop. another thing u have drilled into ur brain in the academy is know ur backdrop where will that bullet go after it hits the intended target? what happens when that warning shot hits a little kid one block down that was ridin his bike?

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    IMO thats even worse. The pig fired after already being out of danger! But his pride was hurt so he had to kill the punk. That kid would have been caught in like 10 minutes and spent YEARS in prison. Instead hes dead and his family must suffer and greive for the rest of there lives.
    he did not fire after being out of danger how do u put one thru the windsheild from the side of the car. the fatal shot was dealt before he was struck by the vehicle.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    The cop should rot in prison for the rest of his life. They are way to quick to use violent force. There are good cops, unfortunately the majority seem to be nothing more than a typical "pig".

So you think that a cop should just stand by while someone attempts to assault them with a deadly weapon?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    he did not fire after being out of danger how do u put one thru the windsheild from the side of the car. the fatal shot was dealt before he was struck by the vehicle.

I'm also wondering how a cop is supose to be able to only shoot a person in the arm or leg, who is in a speeding automobile comming at him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I'm also wondering how a cop is supose to be able to only shoot a person in the arm or leg, who is in a speeding automobile comming at him?
    exactly a cop is trained to aim for center mass, no where else!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    The first case seems pretty cut & dried to me, the kid was caught commiting a crime (while on bond for other crime), he was told to freeze by an armed cop, instead of stopping the kid drove the car at the cop - the kid had plenty of chances to not get shot.
    I find in favour of the cop.

The second case on the other hand is a completely different matter - it could happen to just about anyone - you get pulled over for speeding, in a moment of panic you forget to apply the handbrake, the next instant yours and your buddies brains are blown out.
    Verdict: A cop with judgement that bad should never have been a cop, all that BS about the thing on the cop car getting dented in - by the time the truck hit the patrol car it had rolled 20ft with 4 people and 2 bodies in it and gained considerable momentum.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    The first case seems pretty cut & dried to me, the kid was caught commiting a crime (while on bond for other crime), he was told to freeze by an armed cop, instead of stopping the kid drove the car at the cop - the kid had plenty of chances to not get shot.
    I find in favour of the cop.

The second case on the other hand is a completely different matter - it could happen to just about anyone - you get pulled over for speeding, in a moment of panic you forget to apply the handbrake, the next instant yours and your buddies brains are blown out.
    Verdict: A cop with judgement that bad should never have been a cop, all that BS about the thing on the cop car getting dented in - by the time the truck hit the patrol car it had rolled 20ft with 4 people and 2 bodies in it and gained considerable momentum.
    I agree here............ In the second case either the cop was inexpereiance or didn't react to the situation in the correct matter. Either way in this case yes he should be punished either by losing his/her job or jail.

alphaman is offline Member
    The vid said the cop had al ready been hit, and that his shots didn't hit the kid until after the cop was hit with the car. The cop was wrong. He didn't have to kill the kid. If the kid was turning around to try to hit him again, or back over him, then yeah. But at that point, the cop was already hit, and the kid was getting away. The cop shoukd have caesed fire when he wasn't in danger anymore.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    The vid said the cop had al ready been hit, and that his shots didn't hit the kid until after the cop was hit with the car. The cop was wrong. He didn't have to kill the kid. If the kid was turning around to try to hit him again, or back over him, then yeah. But at that point, the cop was already hit, and the kid was getting away. The cop shoukd have caesed fire when he wasn't in danger anymore.
    But the cop shot him through the windshield indicating that the car was pointed at him, not making a getaway.

alphaman is offline Member
    i didn't hear that, but i guess i heard wrong. if the cop was having his life threatened at the time of the shooting, then, imo, he was in the right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information