Thread: suit trouble

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer

suit trouble

yesterday i went shopping for a suit for a friends wedding. never knew that that would be such a problem. i'm to big for standard suits .

and getting an handmade takes about 6 weeks and the wedding is in 2 weeks so you'll get the problem. i wonder if i can come in my gym pants .

-rodge

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    just squeeze into the smaller suite and when they say speak now or forever hold your peace just scream and bust out of it

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KrooC
    just squeeze into the smaller suite and when they say speak now or forever hold your peace just scream and bust out of it
    BAHAHAHA

well suits were made for either skinny people or fat people....the fit perfectly for em and make em look good instead of the tight tees lol...

Just get the biggest thing there .....

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    just go in ur posing trunks and say u came straight from a comp and didnt have time to change

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    i still like my idea

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    dude, im 6'4", about 315lbs i figure (not weighing while on cycle), and I can easily find tuxes and suits to fit. Find a better shop, IMO.

alphaman is offline Member
    Find a privately owned tailor. You should be able to find one who can help you out in that time frame.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Do you not have any friends of similar size you could borrow off?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    yesterday i went shopping for a suit for a friends wedding. never knew that that would be such a problem. i'm to big for standard suits .

and getting an handmade takes about 6 weeks and the wedding is in 2 weeks so you'll get the problem. i wonder if i can come in my gym pants .

-rodge
    I'm fairly confident you will be able to find someone who can tailor make one in time, it may cost you more but what can you do?

In china you can get measured up for a suit, go shopping, come back and its ready! (Admittedly its a bit of a trek!)

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    dude, im 6'4", about 315lbs i figure (not weighing while on cycle), and I can easily find tuxes and suits to fit. Find a better shop, IMO.
    are you preportionate? Judging by his avatar hes got a small waste and a huge as v shape! This makes it hard to fit.. I would suggest a black sports jacket and finding some black pants... the shades of black might be a bit off due to not being from the same roll of cotton but nobody will notice...
    unless your supposed to get a pink one?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I have to wear a suit everyday. Go in and find a jacket that fits you through the wings/shoulders. I know it is made for a 54" waist, but most places like Dillards, etc, have a tailor there on premise that will take the measurements and mark on the suit where it needs to be tailored. Then, they will send it off and get it back usually withing 48 hours.

I have to do the same thing with my white dress shirts. 18.5" neck equals a 54" worth of shirt around my waist. Find a local tailor in town for the dress shirts. Costs me around $10 each to get the shirts fixed.

Dillards, etc, doesn't charge anything for alterations on suits when you buy it there. If you shop right, usually can buy the jacket/pant suit for around $400-$700. Shirts are usually around $50. I do have a couple of nice suits that I only paid around $300 for just by finding closeouts, etc at Dillards, Banana, etc.

peace,

ttgb

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    I know I need a 48R "athletic cut". that way the waist is much smaller than a normal suit. I got a couple of them at dillards, but you should also check out online sites. Overstock.com might be good...

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I have to wear a suit everyday. Go in and find a jacket that fits you through the wings/shoulders. I know it is made for a 54" waist, but most places like Dillards, etc, have a tailor there on premise that will take the measurements and mark on the suit where it needs to be tailored. Then, they will send it off and get it back usually withing 48 hours.

I have to do the same thing with my white dress shirts. 18.5" neck equals a 54" worth of shirt around my waist. Find a local tailor in town for the dress shirts. Costs me around $10 each to get the shirts fixed.

Dillards, etc, doesn't charge anything for alterations on suits when you buy it there. If you shop right, usually can buy the jacket/pant suit for around $400-$700. Shirts are usually around $50. I do have a couple of nice suits that I only paid around $300 for just by finding closeouts, etc at Dillards, Banana, etc.

peace,

ttgb
    thanks for the response,

here in holland the standard suits go up to size 60 after that its only handmade. i know that they can adjust it but my shoulders and back don't fit in the largest size. think i'm need to find a tailor that works overtime i gues.

-rodge

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Yeah try finding a snowboarding jacket? I am on the hunt for that right now. I need a 3XL and apparently no one makes them in that size.
    So Rodge, I feel your pain.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig

peace,

ttgb
    I have to do the same thing......... and being 5'7" doesn't help matters either.

By the time they alter my suit they can take the extra material and make another

Dress shirts are even harder to find now for me.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Go to a big&tall man store.

You seem "proud" of the fact you cant fit in suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Go to a big&tall man store.

You seem "proud" of the fact you cant fit in suits.
    offcourse i'm proud, it toke alot of hard work and dedication to get here.

-rodge

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    ha ha clothes suck, i especially trousers, end up with trousers that are like 6 inches too long and have to belt them up so all the extra material gathers around the waist and looks like u cant afford to buy clothes that fit!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    mens warehouse baby they had to taylor mine

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    thanks for the response,

here in holland the standard suits go up to size 60 after that its only handmade. i know that they can adjust it but my shoulders and back don't fit in the largest size. think i'm need to find a tailor that works overtime i gues.

-rodge

yea....I forgot you are in holland. Probably didn't make much sense to you did it? Sorry about that....

May have to pay someone to turn you one out quick like it sounds like. Might be worth it though if it actually fits. I hate it when my jacket/shirt are too damn tight and feel like wearing a straight jacket.

Good luck bro.

peace,

ttgb

Wear a brightly coloured Muumuu and claim you're an African King

Red

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Lmao^^^^^^^^^^

Thread Information