Dally is offline The Dally Lama

just wonderin if anyone has seen a shrink?

for any reason really and if they found that it helped?

I'm considering taking some anger management courses to be able to deal more effectively with things that I find challenging....and am unfortunately not de****g with properly.

this is my way of asking for help.

halp me.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    for any reason really and if they found that it helped?

I'm considering taking some anger management courses to be able to deal more effectively with things that I find challenging....and am unfortunately not de****g with properly.

this is my way of asking for help.

halp me.
    You don't need a shrink, just a councilor to talk your aggressive nature.

If that doesn't work.....

I think a full frontal lobotomy would do the trick for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    You don't need a shrink, just a councilor to talk your aggressive nature.

If that doesn't work.....

I think a full frontal lobotomy would do the trick for you...

there different? a councillor and a shrink? I mean I thought they were the same....

I just wanna be a better person ...dont think im this rude mean jerk of a dink. Its just when I get upset..im not a good guy...and I dont want that for me or for whoever it is im mad at.

ya know..I wanna be a better guy.

this isn't easy for me to admit to a board where I have ALOT of followers and disciples.

they may percieve me as weak and ghay....which I am not...I am not WEAK.

there different? a councillor and a shrink? I mean I thought they were the same....

I just wanna be a better person ...dont think im this rude mean jerk of a dink. Its just when I get upset..im not a good guy...and I dont want that for me or for whoever it is im mad at.

ya know..I wanna be a better guy.

this isn't easy for me to admit to a board where I have ALOT of followers and disciples.

they may percieve me as weak and ghay....which I am not...I am not WEAK.
    Yeah, sounds like you just need someone to talk to, and someone that can give you several techniques to deal with your anger.

Don’t feel bad, it wouldn’t hurt for most of us to talk to someone about our anger, mine gets out of control often, and I end up regretting how I act.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Only when cold water hits the big guy.

The thing that bugs me is when I get mad and act a fool I realize that my getting angry and acting out, is simply a result of me not being able to handle the situation and getting frustrated feeling inadequate or out of control.

The thing that bugs me is when I get mad and act a fool I realize that my getting angry and acting out, is simply a result of me not being able to handle the situation and getting frustrated feeling inadequate or out of control.

THATS IT COMPLETELY....Its like I dont have the know how or the tools to be able to simply act normally.

and thats what makes it worse...the more I can't seem to control myself or to calm myself to communicate properly or well enough that I dont regret it later...I get more and more frustrated.

I would really like to be able to just deal with situations with enough clarity to understand what is going on and to listen to the person I am with...and to not say or do hurtful things or harmful things that in the end push me further from where I really want to be.

Thanks Bigen for givin me some of your time on this...like I said, I just wanna be a better person.

thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack

Only when cold water hits the big guy.
    "big" ????
    Someone call the Shrink, Roid is clearly delusional.....

"big" ????

musta been the lobotomy.

THATS IT COMPLETELY....Its like I dont have the know how or the tools to be able to simply act normally.

and thats what makes it worse...the more I can't seem to control myself or to calm myself to communicate properly or well enough that I dont regret it later...I get more and more frustrated.

I would really like to be able to just deal with situations with enough clarity to understand what is going on and to listen to the person I am with...and to not say or do hurtful things or harmful things that in the end push me further from where I really want to be.

Thanks Bigen for givin me some of your time on this...like I said, I just wanna be a better person.

thats all.
    As corny as it sounds, I take deep breaths and count to ten, give myself a little time, to cool off, before handling the situation.
    It really helps me.
    Last edited by Bigen12; 11-21-2005 at 02:34 PM.

RA
    "big" ????

Why do you think my title is huge member??? Its not my muscles..

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Why do you think my title is huge member??? Its not my muscles..

KOO KOO for Coco Puffs, I tell ya.....

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    do yourself a favour dally,find a nice girl settle down and have kids!if kids dont calm you down then you are in trouble,i was a bit of a scoundrel when i was younger but after seein my kids bein born it changes you mate trust me!!

thats if you aint got kids already mate??

RA
    Seriously I know what you guys are talking about. I try the breathing in my nose and out my mouth real deep for a while. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes I have to repair drywall.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Yes and i think everyone could benefit.. at one point in their life to get a better perspective.

Sometimes though an ear that s not biased is all ya need....

But here is a peirce of advice.. if you keep putting your hand on a hot stove.. your hand is gonna get burnt

As corny as it sounds, I take deep breaths and count to ten, give myself a little time, to cool off, before de****g with the situation.
    It really helps me.

nope...it doesnt sound corny. Fuk, I'll do whatever it takes man to do the right thing.

the person that im hurting is someone that I really care about, and all in all, i'm actually hurting myself, because the issues that we have are being amplified by the fact that I can't deal with them.....its like a vicious circle.

I may need to count to a hundred.....what comes after 69? I seem to lose it after that for some reason.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    yes I have, and they dont do anything why do you think Im still the same ??

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I tried all that anger management and became frustrated with any lack of "changes" until I came to this realization. It is my passion, good AND bad, that makes me great. I embrace it all. I learned to focus my anger in a pro- rather than de-structive way.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still pull out my gun and stick it up your nostril if you knock over my drink, SISSY!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I did, court appointed of course, had bad anger issues, arrested for many assualts, but it helped alot. Thing is to find someone you like, because when they hit touchy subjects(my mother and brother dieing) if you dont like the person it gets you kinda pissed. I didnt think it helped at the time, but down the road I know it made a difference. Oh and for the record.....Robin Williams to help you (how you like them apples Dally!!)

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    do yourself a favour dally,find a nice girl settle down and have kids!if kids dont calm you down then you are in trouble,i was a bit of a scoundrel when i was younger but after seein my kids bein born it changes you mate trust me!!

thats if you aint got kids already mate??
    My girl helped me alot, also age made things better, and as for Dally having kids, its been outlawed in 7 different countries!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    My girl helped me alot, also age made things better, and as for Dally having kids, its been outlawed in 7 different countries!!!

no ... I dont have kids...if I did, i'd wouldnt be on this site all day...id be out pimpin those little pricks!!

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Saw a shrink for much of the same reasons dally... also ended up in rehab during the time i was seeing the shrink (alcoholic).

My anger and alcoholism were both the result of me not being able to control my emotions.

I still get angry, but now I remove myself from the situation before I fly off the handle. Now and then people still need a good ass-kicking, but for the most part, i deal with those stressful, helpless situations alot better.

If you need to know anything else, like what the shrink told me, etc etc, hit me up with a pm and i'll help anyway I can. Some shit is too personal to type up in public forums.

I will tell you something tho, you'll never be less angry, just more in control.
    Last edited by Evil Predator; 11-21-2005 at 07:24 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    saw a shrink when i was 16 my parents sent me to one after they got divorced and i started terrorizing evreything, girl friends think they can help but they really have no idea the only person that can help you is yourself and really really close friends

candyman md is offline Junior Member
    Bro, I go to see a pyschologist(spelling) every two weeks. I have done it for about 18 months. I figured since my work was going to pay for it what would it hurt. I love it! Talking to someone for 50 min who is unbiased and removed from the situation. All I do is vent about all kinds of junk. I fell great when I leave. Now don't get me wrong, I still have my moments but they are less frequent than before. It has helped me enjoy, my life more now. I can talk to my wife and not at her and have fun with our son. It has helped so much. I can even tell him when I am on gear and has seen I act no different when I am on. It is worth a try bro! If I have learned one thing, it is that money does not buy happiness. I have been succesful, through hard work, over the past 10 years and I am a poster child for money does not buy happiness. More money you make the more stress with the job! Good luck bro. PM me if you have any questions.

BG

no ... I dont have kids...if I did, i'd wouldnt be on this site all day...id be out pimpin those little pricks!!
    Make them bastards make earn their share!!!!!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have not seen one but i would be open to it if it were available to me.

Thread Information