Strut99GT is offline Member

Question Am I too addicted to working out?

Sheer panic has just washed over me because it just occurred to me that I'm going on vacation this weekend, and am going to be away from the gym for five days! Am I too obsessed? The last time this happened, I remember actually "lifting" misc objects in a hotel room, like curling chairs and what-not, because I was so desperate for some form of energy expenditure.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure we've all (or most) been there, done that in some way shape or form. A few 'jumping' pushups, 'jumping' bodyweight squats and pullups somewhere is plenty to prevent atrophy. Stretching has also been shown to be a decent catabolism preventer (short term) when weight training can not be performed. Lastly,sometimes a week off can be a good thing...i'm intentionally taking this week off to reload for my next phase.

Oh, and for future reference, Rule 5967-a suggests (but does not yet require) that you formally announce avatar changes for the sake of convenience and such.

Whoops...I'll be sure to get on that ASAP Captain Avatar.

P.S. The reason I didn't think of it is because I don't even have avatars enabled; I cruise at work and turn off all the peripherals for brevity's sake.

bluemofo4 is offline New Member
    I feel the same way bro...but I've learned my lesson...don't go on vacation unless the hotel has some sort of excercise facility. There's always running/swimming for your aerobic energy expenditures. Don't forget your glutamine.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Strut, if you're hooked on being fit I'd love to know how this can be bad. Props to you for being above the norm. Nothing wrong with a little time off to recharge the batteries and still nothing wrong with wanting to keep a healthy life style while on a vacation either.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I know how you feel bro I owuld be pissed when I would take a week of but it was good thing when I did

Yeah, I probably *need* a week off from everything. I'm so stubborn, though, that I never get as much rest as I really should.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    yeh..........when i miss a day at the gym (unless i had to, no choice).......i get depressed and feel like shit........o well..........i guess it is one of the best things to be addicted too..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I wonder how many of my chronic injuries are from being addicted to excessive physical activity.....all of them. The only thing worse than being addicted to gym work is being addicted to full contact ma or wrestling, talk about body damage.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    Sheer panic has just washed over me because it just occurred to me that I'm going on vacation this weekend, and am going to be away from the gym for five days! Am I too obsessed? The last time this happened, I remember actually "lifting" misc objects in a hotel room, like curling chairs and what-not, because I was so desperate for some form of energy expenditure.
    While on vacation I do hand stand push ups, door frame pull ups and put a random friend on my back and do deep squats. You're not the only one addicted.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Back. #1 Car deadlifts... use the back end if your weak.
    Chest #2 Bed Benches.. wait for the cleaning ladies to come in and have them sit on the bed and you get under and press away.
    Shoulders #3 T.V. presses.... get a room with 2 tv's and press one in each hand (tv's are multi-purpose.
    Biceps #4 T.V. curls... pretty obvious,also use the bed for preachers if you need variaty.
    Triceps #5 Soda machine Pushes.... Find the biggest soda machine and push it around (make sure you concentrate)
    Legs #6 Soda machine Squats.... obvious again.
    Calves #7 Seated Soda machine calf-raises... just put the machine in your room

AS ----> RAGE on the attendants that will often approach you for the extra boost.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    It is good to take a couple of days of to let your muscles rest they will grow more.

bigol'legs:

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear all this. I've been laid out becuase of my knee (torn miniscus) and i can't head to the gym because i can drive (or run, or walk). I started to get really bored and looked all over the house for any kind of freeweight. all i could find were a set of 10 lb dumbells my sister stole from gold's when she was in high school. Needless to say, i'm doing curls, kickbacks, and mil presses in sets of 200.

talon is offline Senior Member
    <---Excuse me everyone, my name is Barbell, I am addicted to working out. My girlfriend Weight tree, has been yelling at me alot lately because of my absence in the house hold from always being at the gym. All she does is yell at me about how I need to take better care of my two sons Dumbell and Cadillac, and how I never show them attention. What she dosnt understand is that I am truly addicted. I wish I could make her understand, but she keep yelling stuff like, "Push and Pull and Heave" and it just hurts my metal heart. I hope that by reaching out everyone can help lift (pardon my own pun) my spirits.......

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    Sheer panic has just washed over me because
    nice american psyco semi-quote, A...

i used to be like you, i couldn't stand taking any time off from the gym, but lately i've been welcoming any chances of days off. reason? i've signficantly raised the weight in every exercise i do and its causing me >extreme< joint pain for some reason. and i'm not exaggerating when i say extreme. i've started to do 2 days on, 1-2 days off (instead of 6 days on, 1 day off) because of it.

whoot, now its gossip time over a public medium. someone in A2's group has a thing for me... i just wanted everyone to know that...

-- C

p.s. david boston stinks....

No kidding...is it a hippie Architecture chick?

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    sometimes your body needs a break for a week... only problem is hopefully you don't fall off the wagon from it.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

I know how you feel. I try to book a hotel with some exercise equipmrnt in it. Dumbbells. If they don't have what I like I ask the front desk where the closest gym is and their always one close by. I get stressed if I miss a workout.

Bobbo

Thread Information