Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    big_C is offline Member

Testing in the WWE!!

I just watched a mpeg from wwe.com of a backstage meeting at wwe. Vince told everyone that a new drug policy will be implamented in the next few weeks. This new policy will involve random and frequent drug testing. According to Vince this will include ALL drugs, drugs of abuse, abuse of prescription drugs and "performance inhancing" drugs, including all anabolic steroids . There will be an outside lab doing the tests and they are also getting together on paper the consequences for infractions to the new policy. Vince also said Everyone will be tested and punishment for infractions will be equal across the board...no exceptions. A drug rehab policy will be in effect also to help those performers if rehab is needed. What impact do you think this will have on the wrestling business? Guys like Batista and others who are obviously not "natural" will be on the spot and have to stop cycling. I think some steroid cleanse is what they need!!LOL!! What do you think???

big_C is offline Member

Testing in the WWE?

I know this might be the wrong forum...but I just want to know what you think.I just watched a mpeg from wwe.com of a backstage meeting at wwe. Vince told everyone that a new drug policy will be implamented in the next few weeks. This new policy will involve random and frequent drug testing. According to Vince this will include ALL drugs, drugs of abuse, abuse of prescription drugs and "performance inhancing" drugs, including all anabolic steroids . There will be an outside lab doing the tests and they are also getting together on paper the consequences for infractions to the new policy. Vince also said Everyone will be tested and punishment for infractions will be equal across the board...no exceptions. A drug rehab policy will be in effect also to help those performers if rehab is needed. What impact do you think this will have on the wrestling business? Guys like Batista and others who are obviously not "natural" will be on the spot and have to stop cycling. I think some steroid cleanse is what they need!!LOL!! What do you think???

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I think they're being seen to do the right thing in light of recent events, they don't really want steroid -free wrestlers.

topgun1983 is offline Banned
    very good post. i am very keen to know too.
    Apparently growth hormone is very hard to test for.....
    It must be a publicity thing to stop kids taking roids....

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    IMO They are trying to prevent government investigation of their organization. By pretending to put this in place and go public, it should buy them some time for a while. Maybe until another wrestler dies.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder if Vince will test himself?

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    I wonder if Vince will test himself?
    Thats what I thought too!!LOL!! Whens the last time you saw a 65 YO with 20 inck arms?? Thats funny

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i bet the test will be used more for rcreational drugs and "gear" will be overlooked amoung the big name wrestlers

big_C is offline Member
    You know, I didn't think of that when I was watching the video on wwe website..thats the genius Vince is...but now I am thinking, why would they let "us" watch a private company meeting about such personal things like drugs and abuse....I don't ever see steroids NOT being a part of the show....thats just the way it is..people would rather see a 6' 6" 318 pound beast then a 6' 6" 230 pound guy, thats just a fact, yea the small guys have there fan base...but we know we all come to see the main eventers...the huge guys you beleive are heavy weight champs. Vince sure was convincing though, good acting if it was!

Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    You know, I didn't think of that when I was watching the video on wwe website..thats the genius Vince is...but now I am thinking, why would they let "us" watch a private company meeting about such personal things like drugs and abuse....I don't ever see steroids NOT being a part of the show....thats just the way it is..people would rather see a 6' 6" 318 pound beast then a 6' 6" 230 pound guy, thats just a fact, yea the small guys have there fan base...but we know we all come to see the main eventers...the huge guys you beleive are heavy weight champs. Vince sure was convincing though, good acting if it was!
    Pssst, keep this to yourself but I even heard a rumour that the matches are rigged!

as always just a show, alot of smoke, mirrors and tricks!

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    WWE without steroids = No WWE

Propaganda. Keeps the Feds away.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, bye bye sport.

Might as well just outlaw scripted wrestling entertainment.

It's entertainment for millions, so they use to look really good, because if they looked normal or like shit, none of the fans/kids would give a shit less about the entire production.

~SC~

big_C is offline Member

i think they tried drug free after the steroid scandal in th late 80's, all the guys were either flyweights like sean michaels or fat bastards like typhoon! it ididn't sell very well,that was wrestlings dark years

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Pssst, keep this to yourself but I even heard a rumour that the matches are rigged!
    LAFAO!! Thats the rumor!!

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    Batista without juice? It would be all over!

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    if he started testing for roids everyone including himself would be in for some trouble. steroids are probably the most important part of the show, no one will watch if its just average joe weightlifters wrestling each other. i think that whole video was bullshit.

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    the drug testing proceedure for the WWE(if it is for real) will prolly be about the same as it is in pro bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    LAFAO!! Thats the rumor!!
    You need to keep that on the dl bro!

BOBBY D is offline Member
    this was all cause of eddie guerrera's death, may he r.i.p. Vince took a big loss losing eddie & from what i know vince was very disgusted w/ the sudden losses of the past wrestlers in the past few years. but a bigger loss would be if he did this test. he wouldn't do this to his business. everybody (who doesn't know already) would see the truth & see most of these wrestlers deflating, that would put a mark on the whole deal.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Welp there goes the WWE.

tvd220 is offline Member
    im sure this, just as all of WWE is a staged event. Its all part of the show. Just as big c said, they put this on the wwe website, all prop

fanatic is offline Member
    Yeah right.
    lol

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Didn't you know it's REAL?!
    I've never really watched any of those wrestlings, i've only seen the commercials.. but i always thought they were retarded.

As for no juice, .. oh no good old-fashioned hard work!? dang lol

So why the sudden enforcement of substance control?
    Is it because that Guerrey guy who died? Was he into a lot of drugs, and people are whispering about drugs and roids amongst the wrestlers?.. and they dont want a bad name... and and... and..

It's no big deal. I'm curious as to the affect it will have on that whole wrestling thing.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    all they have to do is take a brew up a test/epitest mixture (kinda like the cream by balco but that was transdermal).

there is still insulin GH and IGF-1 to take!!

fully_paully is offline Associate Member
    lol u really think that they gona drug test them?...vince knows that 90% of the wrestlers are on roids...lol and vince himself is either on them or has done it quite afew times before have u seen the size of him he's fukin huge. lol he's not really gona drug test them all, wats he gona do get rid of every wrestler in the show? lol i think its alll bullshit jsut an act thats my opinion

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Vince looks younger and younger evertime i see him. Can you say GH??

Joey2ness is offline Member
    i think wrestlers can still use testosterone with epitestosterone and HGH.
    A bottle of steroid cleanse would help too

musclehead1 is offline Member
    definitely jus a show for us...if anything vince has the outside lab payed off (or it will be made up) and watch linda (his wife) get caught for sumthing people will get caught for things like stimulants and bullshit where they'll make a whole court case out of a monday night raw or send someone to rehab where we'll see their condition which would be whoever having seizures from withdrawals.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    That would put pro wrestling out of business...

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    So what realy happened to Eddie??
    Testing is now going to be in place?

wuboy25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub
    the drug testing proceedure for the WWE(if it is for real) will prolly be about the same as it is in pro bodybuilding.
    100% agree. Don't worry guys!! Vince loves juice waaaayy too much

BOBBY D is offline Member
    i just realized after reading the first thread starter that: if this was backstage & it was televised during smackdown or raw for fans to see & not a news interview, its all b/s & part of the show, it will never happen. all propaganda..

big_C is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeezer
    So what realy happened to Eddie??
    Testing is now going to be in place?
    The autopsy said that he had an enlarged heart and very thin artery walls near his heart, no illegal substances, he was clean for 5 years...they said all the drugs he was doing early in life lead to this condition....and after he stopped it killed him...that sucks...he started to complain just before Summer Slam, I think at the ECW One night stand PPV....thats when it started, he thought it was just road ware.....and the meeting was not telivised...it was on the website

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    It seems to be more political correctness than anything. Just like arnold claiming we need to have drug testing in the sport. Steroids are a hot topic now and really in the fore front of the media. They are blaming those in the public eye for the youth using them.

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    I would say recreational drugs not performance enhancing....

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE
    Propaganda. Keeps the Feds away.

This is exactly what i was thinking......
    No way it cld be for real.... who is gonna watch a bunch of skinny guys in tights wrestle each other???

It wld be kinda fun to watch triple h shrink though....

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude, he already has...dramatically! i doubt they will be cracking down too much on steroid use , especially on the guys who are so obviously juicing, like batista, benoit etc, as it would harm business if everyone shrunk down to average. but testing for coke, painkillers, speed etc is a great idea, one that i think they should have been doing anyway. most of, if not all the deaths weve seen recently from guys who were major players in the 80's and 90's have been cocaine-related

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information