Thread: Relationships

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Relationships

Why are they soooooo fukin stressful.... are they worth it?

tod682 is offline Associate Member
    depends on the circumstances...

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting to think that they're not. I'm so much happier single or just seeing someone as opposed to having a girlfriend.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hm..last one I had was um..a mistake to say the least. I think I need to stay away from the relationship thing for awhile..

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm getting into one. I like it. And I like the group of people getting into. Im hoping the best wil come of this

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    At the minute i tend to think its better been single and having my ex gf as a f**k buddy instead. that way there are no strings and plus i have the added bonus that she lives 20 miles away from me so i can get up to what i like when she isnt around

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    If a relationship is stressful....GET THE HELL OUT!

Why should it be stressful. But, when they're not stressful ...it's all worth it!
    Last edited by Pinkvelvet; 11-25-2005 at 10:47 AM.
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    If a relationship is stressful....GET THE HELL OUT!

Why should in be stressful. But, when they're not stressful ...it's all worth it!
    Its just she lives an hour away, we only get to see each other on the weekends.. and this weekend shes coming up here, and then tomorrow night she tells me she has a stag to go to in her home town (bout 20 min away).. soooo I put the whole weekend aside for her and she hits me with this.. so then Im like "oh well I can make other plans till your done or come with you".. to which she replys "well you wouldnt have much fun, its basically a high school reunion" ooook then

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I'm not in a relationship now (busy trying to get these jewelry stores up to speed) girls take alot of your time and focus away. Always calling to say something stupid. Had a great girl(s), but they only hang on so long w/o a commitment (ie ring on finger)
    Do miss sleeping with my "girl" (not just banging, but all the other good stuff that comes with having a girlfriend)
    Need to find a professional (not a whore, but business women) women to hook up with that understands why I can't drop everything to be with her (running 2 stores and working out one to two times a day doesn't leave much time for bs.)

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes they are worth it IF the person is someone you can see spending your life together. what I mean is some people just date which is cool but if you are with someone you need to decide are they just a casual date or is this someone you want to take the stress over and hope it works out and you can get on with life.

I can say hell yes things are worth the stress because me and my lovely bride have been together for 17 years (come January) and she is my best friend, work out partner and lover (not always in that order). Things get stressful but you work past those for the good times which if you have more stress than good times you better think about making a change.

Every person is different and what you want out of your GF or BF only you know and only you know what amount of crap you will put up with but being stressed is not good for you, her/him, or your relationship together. I don't know how old you are but it is better to find someone you can live with than hate someone you feel you are tied to.

Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Yes they are worth it IF the person is someone you can see spending your life together. what I mean is some people just date which is cool but if you are with someone you need to decide are they just a casual date or is this someone you want to take the stress over and hope it works out and you can get on with life.
    I can say hell yes things are worth the stress because me and my lovely bride have been together for 17 years (come January) and she is my best friend, work out partner and lover (not always in that order). Things get stressful but you work past those for the good times which if you have more stress than good times you better think about making a change.

Every person is different and what you want out of your GF or BF only you know and only you know what amount of crap you will put up with but being stressed is not good for you, her/him, or your relationship together. I don't know how old you are but it is better to find someone you can live with than hate someone you feel you are tied to.

Oldman
    I want to be with her.. I think shes the ONE... Congrats on 17years thats almost unheard of these days! Keep it up!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    if it's worth it is up to you bro...i've been w/ my girl since i was a sophmore in high school and now we have both graduated college, she's actually in her last year of grad school..but if i got out of it just because it was stressfull at times we wouldnt have made it outta sophmore year lol lord knows we can fight but in the end she's def. worth it the best thing that could have ever happened to me

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Oldman

well put Oldman well put

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I want to be with her.. I think shes the ONE... Congrats on 17years thats almost unheard of these days! Keep it up!
    If she IS the One then by all means do whatever you have to do to make it work. What my wife and I have always done was just set aside a time, and got stuff out in the open and that is the only way to make it past issues. I see so many people bitch and moan to their friends and co-workers about their BF/GF's but they never talk to them directly so if she is doing something that is stressing to you, let her know.. I would suggest if possible make it sounds partially your fault.. what I mean here is lets say she lives an hour away and she just moved there and this is the part that makes the stress... instead of saying" girl if you would not have moved away we would not be having all these problems"... instead say something like "I wish there was a way I could move closer to you so we could spend more time together. I understand why you had to move because ... insert reason here... and I think that is great because it will be good for your ... insert another positive reason here .... maybe this time right now is just a test and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make things work.

I know i know not very manly but in a relationship the other person may not really know what you are thinking and if you put some of the blame of the stress on you, even if it is totally on them they are not so defensive and talking will work.

Dude it sounds like you are serious which is great, don't let the stress get to you until you have no other choice and then you have to weigh the options.

Okay Dr. Phil, I am not but I have been there and this is the only thing that ever worked.

Good luck

Oldman

jermazz is offline New Member
    just got out of mine cause it was getting frustrating with trying to find time together and that making plans that don't workout problem. two weeks later i realize that i miss her and i think i might have messed up

If she IS the One then by all means do whatever you have to do to make it work. What my wife and I have always done was just set aside a time, and got stuff out in the open and that is the only way to make it past issues. I see so many people bitch and moan to their friends and co-workers about their BF/GF's but they never talk to them directly so if she is doing something that is stressing to you, let her know.. I would suggest if possible make it sounds partially your fault.. what I mean here is lets say she lives an hour away and she just moved there and this is the part that makes the stress... instead of saying" girl if you would not have moved away we would not be having all these problems"... instead say something like "I wish there was a way I could move closer to you so we could spend more time together. I understand why you had to move because ... insert reason here... and I think that is great because it will be good for your ... insert another positive reason here .... maybe this time right now is just a test and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make things work.

I know i know not very manly but in a relationship the other person may not really know what you are thinking and if you put some of the blame of the stress on you, even if it is totally on them they are not so defensive and talking will work.

Dude it sounds like you are serious which is great, don't let the stress get to you until you have no other choice and then you have to weigh the options.

Okay Dr. Phil, I am not but I have been there and this is the only thing that ever worked.

Good luck

Oldman
    Lol dr. phil!! I agree.. I think communication is key, and we do have this, so I think I will talk to her!! Thanx for the support..

Quote Originally Posted by jermazz
    just got out of mine cause it was getting frustrating with trying to find time together and that making plans that don't workout problem. two weeks later i realize that i miss her and i think i might have messed up
    As terrible as that sounds, I needed ot hear that! Now go get her back!!!!

Good luck and keep us posted how things turn out. We are here for you.. of course lifting weights and raging test levels come first.. Had to say that so no one thought this board turned fruity

A good way to look at relationships is if your partner does not want to talk or work out issues they probably are not the one you want to waste much time on... Sounds like you have a good open communication so go work some magic.

Oldman

Good luck and keep us posted how things turn out. We are here for you.. of course lifting weights and raging test levels come first.. Had to say that so no one thought this board turned fruity

A good way to look at relationships is if your partner does not want to talk or work out issues they probably are not the one you want to waste much time on... Sounds like you have a good open communication so go work some magic.

Oldman
    I know what a gayyy thread LOL.. I'll keep you posted after tonight.. Alright time to get all sweaty

Wow we just spent allll night together.. Didnt got to bed until 7am.. shes soo perfect it makes me feel sick

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Wow we just spent allll night together.. Didnt got to bed until 7am.. shes soo perfect it makes me feel sick
    It sounds like it was a good night bro I have the same kinda problem. She lives quite abit away and i only see her at weekends. The thing i dont like about the relationship is that when ever i am with her my diet goes t*ts up!

cool cool I am glad to hear you guys spent the time together I hope thing go smooth you you both.. Having that special someone is one of the great joys in life. No matter what life throws at you if you know there is someone that is always there to support you and stand by your side you can make it through anything.

Oldman

Well shes gone now.. I have to wait till next weekend.. But we talked about the things that were kinda getting me down.. And the reasons she had were perfectably acceptable.. she just didnt want to tell me because she thought it would hurt my feelings.. IE.. going to the stag tonight, which her parents would have been at.. I have not met them yet etc

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Too stressful not even worth it!

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Every relationship I have ever had was stressful. They were all worth it, too. Every one. The drama is punishing, but the kissing and making up again are pure bliss. Of course, maybe that's just me.

Love
    Anna

Lol thanx anna.. We've never fought, but as we get closer the distance and time apart is harder.. she caled me last night from the Stag, she wanted me to go, (typical woman always changing her mind) lol... she so I went.. and shes coming here for dinner on her way back to school.. So I get to see her three times this weekend!! Im dayum happy

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    My current relationship is stress free. It doesn't seem like either of us feels the need to hide any of our past, as we've both done so much wrong we cant judge.

We get along so well. I went against alot of peoples advice when I left my last GF, and im glad I did. Im starting to believe that there is a girl who is almost everything ive ever looked for. She's not perfect, but neither am I.

Stressfull relationships? I've had a few, most of them were stressful from day 1.

Are relationships worth it? depends, do you mind spending your life alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    My current relationship is stress free. It doesn't seem like either of us feels the need to hide any of our past, as we've both done so much wrong we cant judge.

We get along so well. I went against alot of peoples advice when I left my last GF, and im glad I did. Im starting to believe that there is a girl who is almost everything ive ever looked for. She's not perfect, but neither am I.

Stressfull relationships? I've had a few, most of them were stressful from day 1.

Are relationships worth it? depends, do you mind spending your life alone?
    theres def someone out there for everyone. I'm too damn picky though.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    theres def someone out there for everyone. I'm too damn picky though.
    That must be my problem

After a dozen or so relationships fail people finally get married, then a 55%+ divorse rate......and out of the 45% that stay married.....less than 1/4 are happy...

Crappy odds at best.......good luck with that.

Im too scared too even give the dozen or so relationships a chance.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    That must be my problem

nawww.... Its just that texas is like one big rodeo, and theres nothing at a rodeo but steers and queers

Move

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    if it's worth it is up to you bro...i've been w/ my girl since i was a sophmore in high school and now we have both graduated college, she's actually in her last year of grad school..but if i got out of it just because it was stressfull at times we wouldnt have made it outta sophmore year lol lord knows we can fight but in the end she's def. worth it the best thing that could have ever happened to me
    been with my girl for sometime now as well, hope things work out as they did in ur situation, we go through alot but like u put it, shes definately worth it

my first relationship lasted 3 years that was age 15-18. I missed out on so much during those years because I was with such a control freak I could never go out. She would get mad if I talked to my friends in school!

I gotta say, after all that I wonder if I'll ever settle down. I'm too fuking scared I'm going to fall into the same trap. I mean I break up with girls as soon as they start getting even alittle bit bossy. I know its normal to give up alittle but damn I'm traumatized for life. I need to see a shrink or something, lol.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    been with my girl for sometime now as well, hope things work out as they did in ur situation, we go through alot but like u put it, shes definately worth it

i hope things work out for you bro, and if she likes you half as much as you like her i think you'll be aight...just remember when she's in college she's probably gonna want to have the full college experience..just try not to be too controlling and possesive..let her do her own thing and you just have to trust that she's acting respectable

Thread Information