G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

my IPod is fcuked - can anyone help?

for no aparent reason when i press play (on any song) it just skips to the next track
    and then the next one - until it skip right to the end of the album without playing any music

i tried connecting it to my PC to update it but the "update Ipod" icon is greyed out and i am unable to click on it

it was working fine yesterday
    can anyone help?
    Last edited by G-Force; 11-29-2005 at 10:54 AM.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    check out the ipod FAQ troubleshoot on their website. That should help.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    My ipod is messed up as well. Any time i try and use it, the low battery thing comes up. This after having it fully charged. I heard there was a law suit or something againt apple right now.. anyone know about it??

chest6 is offline Banned
    Shit man I dunno. If my ipod messed up that would cause some serious problems

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Shit man I dunno. If my ipod messed up that would cause some serious problems

tell me about it - i hate not having my ipod on the bus or train

i looked at their website and couldnt find anything to help
    dunno what to do - i've got 20gb of songs on there that arent backed up on my hard drive

sux

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    umm there is a way to reset your ipod, i believe you hold the pause and play button at the same time..that should work but you might have to upload all the songs and playlists you have back onto your pod

tempbrit is offline Member
    Definately sounds like you need to reset your i-pod. Read the instruction book and it will tell you how to do this.

I also find that when I can't update my i-pod, it is due to the fact that I am using a different computer than when i set up the i-pod.

I have had an I-pod, for over 3 years and never had even a hint of a problem. i could not live without it.

if i reset my ipod will i lose all my songs??

i didnt have enough free space to keep them on my hardrive so had to delete them all

by the way the play and pause are on the same button

tempbrit is offline Member
    I think there are two levels of reset. You can reset it such that it kind of just gets your software working and running again and then there is the complete reset, where you will lose all the songs. I am not sure though and you need to read the manual. You can send a question to I-pod and they will answer.

Why in the world would you put songs on your I-pod and not save them on your computer? You can't get songs off your I-pod and transfer them to a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tempbrit
    I think there are two levels of reset. You can reset it such that it kind of just gets your software working and running again and then there is the complete reset, where you will lose all the songs. I am not sure though and you need to read the manual. You can send a question to I-pod and they will answer.

Why in the world would you put songs on your I-pod and not save them on your computer? You can't get songs off your I-pod and transfer them to a computer.
    i dunno
    i'm new to this ipod stuff
    i got it in hong kong so reading the manual is outa the question

Icon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempbrit

Some people (like moi) use the iPod as a secondary harddrive so I just copy songs onto the iPod and erase the same on my pc hd.

As for the original poster, resetting it by holding down the middle two (of four) buttons will not erase the songs. I'm not sure if you have the version with four vertical buttons above the spinwheel (which is what I'm talking about) or the more recent versions with just a clickwheel (no four buttons).

Good luck, bro.

I love my Ipod Mini dearly, but it crashes more or less every 2 weeks...

A simple reset and recharge fixes that

http://www.werty.net/2004/06/reset-ipod.html

Red

it is a second generation click wheel

i have tried hte manual rest and it doesnt work

i get the apple logo, then a folder pops up in the middle of the screen with an exclamation mark (!) on the bottom left of this folder

then it switches off again

i'm stumped

Thread Information