zodiac666 is offline Senior Member

tested sports vs untested sports

someone with a lot of money needs to start an untested track and field league and every other sport for that matter. im sick of seeing good athletes get banned because they didnt plan out the testing procedures properly.

if you had a choice of watching the best athletes in the world or watching the best other athletes which would you tune in to? i guarentee even the most hardcore anti-drug people would rather watch the best athletes. how many people would rather watch the minor leagues than the major leagues?

slob is offline Member
    yeh sounds good but that sends the wrong message to younger kids. They will think that because someone in the roid olympics or whatever you want to call it, uses gear, it's ok for them as well.

"roid olympics" has a nice ring to it

most of the "natural" athletes use shit anyways so i say just quit testing for shit

we underestimate kids, i dont think kids using roids would be any more of a problem than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by slob
    yeh sounds good but that sends the wrong message to younger kids. They will think that because someone in the roid olympics or whatever you want to call it, uses gear, it's ok for them as well.

Great point, I agree.

+ It keeps track or other athletes somewhat inline with what they use.....
    So records don't get anymore ridiculous than they already are.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    well put i do agree 100%

I think you should be able to buy aas at the gas station when you turn 21. Ill take a bottle of water, a bag of beef jerky, and a few bottles of test E. ha ha.
    Last edited by crazyhorse666; 08-25-2006 at 02:49 AM.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    "roid olympics" has a nice ring to it

most of the "natural" athletes use shit anyways so i say just quit testing for shit

we underestimate kids, i dont think kids using roids would be any more of a problem than it is now.
    the biggest problem now, and always will be, is the media. stop reporting it! kids dont need to turn on sportscenter and hear about steroids for 20 minutes every friggin day.

so do you also think professional bodybuilders should be tested for gear and should they be banned if they test positive? or should some sports be tested and some not?

is that the only reason you guys are for testing, because you think more teens would start juicing? being a little protective is good, but being overprotective is just frustrating, people (even teens) can make their own decisions. im not for promoting roids, im just for not testing for them and ruining peoples lives if they fail.
    Last edited by zodiac666; 08-25-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    im not for promoting roids, im just for not testing for them and ruining peoples lives if they fail.
    If they don't want to ruin their lives then they should stay clean in a sport that it is deemed ILLIGAL to use those substances. Personally I think that sports would be more entertaining if they allowed steroids but that won't happen. So its their choice to risk their career over the use of banned substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike
    they should stay clean in a sport that it is deemed ILLIGAL to use those substances. its their choice to risk their career over the use of banned substances.
    what percentage do you think stay clean in a sport like track and field? i think its more of a choice to either use banned substances or not compete in track and field.

what percentage do you think stay clean in a sport like track and field? i think its more of a choice to either use banned substances or not compete in track and field.
    Everyone of them uses something to try and improve their performance, whether its creatine or AAS. Percentage that have used some sort of banned substance is probably close to 100%. Does it suck that they get banned because they got caught and the guy next to them don't, absolutely. The fact is they know the consequences. If they aren't good enough to compete at that level, then maybe they should look at another career choice. They know the consequences, they have to live with them. No different then cheating on a test because you know that's the only way you will get an A but you get caught, you know you are going to fail that test, maybe even the course.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Everyone of them uses something to try and improve their performance, whether its creatine or AAS. Percentage that have used some sort of banned substance is probably close to 100%. Does it suck that they get banned because they got caught and the guy next to them don't, absolutely. The fact is they know the consequences. If they aren't good enough to compete at that level, then maybe they should look at another career choice. They know the consequences, they have to live with them. No different then cheating on a test because you know that's the only way you will get an A but you get caught, you know you are going to fail that test, maybe even the course.
    Without AAS, the classroom would be empty. Without AAS, Track & Field athletes can't even qualify for their own national team let alone test the recordbooks. If AAS is banned, athletes don't test the records, attendance and popularity decreases. If the governing body resets the records to a clean slate and introduces testing which makes AAS use impossible, than they admit to athletes having used AAS which they can't admit publicly.

I'm not saying that it would be better without steroids . I actually think that it would be more interesting to see what it would be like if there was no testing. The fact is there will always be testing in these events so if you want to do something that is against the rules don't cry about it when you get caught. That's all I'm trying to say

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm not saying that it would be better without steroids. I actually think that it would be more interesting to see what it would be like if there was no testing. The fact is there will always be testing in these events so if you want to do something that is against the rules don't cry about it when you get caught. That's all I'm trying to say
    One of the points that I was making above, is that from an athlete's standpoint, it is impossible to get to the pro level without cheating. It would be like trying to be Mr. Olympia without doing AAS, same situation in Track & Field.

Thread Information