Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

Talking I Just Sponsored A Child...

Well, this past weekend, I decided to sponsor a World Vision child from India. One of the best decisions I could have made. He's in grade 1 in North Delhi India... I plan on going to India in a few years, so hopefully I can meet him. My sister sponsored a child a few years ago and went to visit him in India this past month. She said it was the most amazing experience ever. Anyway, thought I'd share...

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    good bro

wish there was more people in the world that helped people that are not as fortuinte as ourselves

Very nice thing to do bro

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    congrats bro....your a father..J/K but good for you. how much did all of it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    congrats bro....your a father..J/K but good for you. how much did all of it cost?
    thx... it is only $35 a month, and a lot of that goes to the child... When my sis went to India she saw a breakdown of the costs, and they really take care of their sponsored children...

Mizfit is offline Banned
    nice

Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    g src="images/smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" class="inlineimg" />

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Way to go Bro!!.. Yes it cost so little to sponsor a kid but it makes such a change in their life. My family sponsors 2 kids through compassion.com which only cost $32/month each. Geez that is about what we spend on one dinner out and that helps pay for medical care, clothing, food and education.. WOW!!!

If more people gave it would make a bigger impact on the world and bring us all closer together.

Again Glad to see you are giving!

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    lol! you're right... coming from an East Indian decent, most do come to England... it is our "homeland", you know!!! how do you think lil' Justin was born!?!?! My dad had to find a wife somehow!!!
    Last edited by Dave321; 11-30-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Way to go Bro!!.. Yes it cost so little to sponsor a kid but it makes such a change in their life. My family sponsors 2 kids through compassion.com which only cost $32/month each. Geez that is about what we spend on one dinner out and that helps pay for medical care, clothing, food and education.. WOW!!!

If more people gave it would make a bigger impact on the world and bring us all closer together.

Again Glad to see you are giving!
    well, good for you too! and you're absolutely right... the more participating makes a huge difference!

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Cool Justin. Didn't you say you have a little indian blood in you? What's your ethnicity again?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's great man!

It really feels good to do for others.

icedudez is offline Member
    well played (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    lol! you're right... coming from an East Indian decent, most do come to England... it is our "homeland", you know!!! how do you think lil' Justin was born!?!?! My dad had to find a wife somehow!!!
    mate you are the man!!!!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    one of the best threads ive read in a while. good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Cool Justin. Didn't you say you have a little indian blood in you? What's your ethnicity again?
    1/2 East Indian
    1/2 British (inevitable )

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    **** that. I dont beleive in that stuff. Man that things I can do with $35 bux. Thats a tank of gas!

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    **** that. I dont beleive in that stuff. Man that things I can do with $35 bux. Thats a tank of gas!
    why don't you believe in that "stuff"... my sister went to the other side of the world to find out for herself, and guess what... IT WORKS!!! Oh well, enjoy your tank of gas.

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    I don't know...There are too many humans on this planet first off, and if they are gonna die let em. Nature needs a more balancing out not sponserships and charity. What about all the other species and animals on this planet we just kill out to extinction or endangering. Saving humans just makes the world more polluted, diseased, and difficult.

But you know live your life however you want (Take Steroids ) were all gonna die sooner or later so whats it all matter then?...

Slow~Mo
    Last edited by Slow~Mo; 12-01-2005 at 04:25 PM.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow~Mo
    I don't know...There are too many humans on this planet first off, and if they are gonna die let em. Nature needs a more balancing out not sponserships and charity. What about all the other species and animals on this planet we just kill out to extinction or endangering. Saving humans just makes the world more polluted, diseased, and difficult.

But you know live your life however you want (Take Steroids ) were all gonna die sooner or later so whats it all matter then?...

Slow~Mo
    You have just plumbed new depths of stupidity.

I would argue with what you have posted but I doubt that it is actually your real point of view, it is just another example of your desperate craving for attention.

I pity you.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Props to you Justin!

On a side note: does anyone wanna sponsor me? Only $50 a month and you would help change my life.PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Props to you Justin!

On a side note: does anyone wanna sponsor me? Only $50 a month and you would help change my life.PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    You have just plumbed new depths of stupidity.

I would argue with what you have posted but I doubt that it is actually your real point of view, it is just another example of your desperate craving for attention.

I pity you.
    Yeh you just know me soo much... Buddy you don't know sh!t about me and you can take that pity with a nice glass of STFU!

Slow~Mo
    Last edited by Slow~Mo; 12-01-2005 at 05:43 PM.

Yeh you just know me soo much... Buddy you don't know sh!t about me and you can take that pity with a nice glass of STFU!

Slow~Mo
    I was right last time though wasn't I? - You PM'd me and told me that you made that whole fight story up - Do you want me to post the PM?

Following that incident I actually stuck up for you and encouraged others to stop flaming you.

Then you posted your "Synthol oil into private area thread" - harmless enough but again a blatant example of posting something shocking/contravertial in an attempt to get some attention.

But this latest episode - just let people who, through no fault of their own, are born in poor countries starve to death - is just too offensive.

Even if I am way off base and that is your actual opinion then you are an even bigger arsehole!

But I don't think I am wrong am I?

Look man life is fukced up and sorry if i don't feel apathy for some woman named Magutu Mambo (example) that has 7 kids and needs are help so her kids can stop playing in a sh!t filled river and live in a tool shed. I just think they are stupid and deserve death just like the other species and animals that could not survive the human evolution.

Now stop acting like your my fukcing therapist and stfu.

Slow~Mo

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member
    Look man life is fukced up and sorry if i don't feel apathy for some woman named Magutu Mambo (example) that has 7 kids and needs are help so her kids can stop playing in a sh!t filled river and live in a tool shed. I just think they are stupid and deserve death just like the other species and animals that could not survive the human evolution.

Slow~Mo
    wow...what a dipshit

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Thats very nice. I always wanted to sponsor that little back kid with the booger hangin out his nose and has like 10 flies on his head. I also wanted to send that white guy some money for pimping out the little bugger to millions of americans. I really do think what you did was honorable!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Slow~Mo
    I just signed in to AR and read your latest PM in which you politely ask me to lay off your posts - sorry mate but this is a discussion board which means that you post something and others post their responses, especially when I see your latest post in this thread and you're all "stfu", I'm afraid I don't respond well to that sort of thing...

To start with, I think you mean empathy - apathy is apparently exactly what you do feel.

Also if you have no desire to help others fine, if you phrased it something like "I need to sort my own life out first, before I can start thinking about others" well, fair enough if that is your position, but to say that these people are stupid and deserve to die is completely revolting. People have no control whatsoever over the situations they are born into - I realise that you feel fairly sorry for yourself but imagine your life if you were born into third world poverty.
    N.B. I'm still not convinced that this is really your point of view but rather an ill-considered childish attempt to say something shocking.

No, you are right, I am not your therapist (I do hope you have a good one) but how's this: your username is Slow~Mo because that is your nickname, given to you ironically because you have ADHD and are very hyper - am I close?

Justin Sane - Sorry for the hijack, what you did is fantastic!
    My parents always sponsored kids when I was growing up and for the last few years I have had a standing order running to Oxfam, like you say it is such a small amount of money to us yet it is crazy what they can do with it over there.
    Hopefully your thread will encourage others to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I just signed in to AR and read your latest PM in which you politely ask me to lay off your posts - sorry mate but this is a discussion board which means that you post something and others post their responses, especially when I see your latest post in this thread and you're all "stfu", I'm afraid I don't respond well to that sort of thing...

To start with, I think you mean empathy - apathy is apparently exactly what you do feel.

Also if you have no desire to help others fine, if you phrased it something like "I need to sort my own life out first, before I can start thinking about others" well, fair enough if that is your position, but to say that these people are stupid and deserve to die is completely revolting. People have no control whatsoever over the situations they are born into - I realise that you feel fairly sorry for yourself but imagine your life if you were born into third world poverty.
    N.B. I'm still not convinced that this is really your point of view but rather an ill-considered childish attempt to say something shocking.

No, you are right, I am not your therapist (I do hope you have a good one) but how's this: your username is Slow~Mo because that is your nickname, given to you ironically because you have ADHD and are very hyper - am I close?

Justin Sane - Sorry for the hijack, what you did is fantastic!
    My parents always sponsored kids when I was growing up and for the last few years I have had a standing order running to Oxfam, like you say it is such a small amount of money to us yet it is crazy what they can do with it over there.
    Hopefully your thread will encourage others to do the same!
    Hey man, hyjack all you want...

Slow~Mo, wtf dood..... you've pm'd me as well with stupid shit like this, why bro......... I just don't understand why you are trying to be such an internet tough guy... seriously, pay close attention to the word INTERNET... relax... And I truly feel sorry for your outlook on life... not only in this thread, but others as well.

sometimes the things i read on hear kill me. slow mo, you probably know your way to the toolshed. you tool.

You guys give me a headache maybe your all right. And I think I should just kill myself...

You guys give me a headache maybe your all right. And I think I should just kill myself...

• Thread Information