Thread: Gorilla's

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member

Gorilla's

Ever wonder how an animal like a 600 pnd Gorilla can have such an insane amount of muscle mass with a vegetarian diet? What enables this?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    Ever wonder how an animal like a 600 pnd Gorilla can have such an insane amount of muscle mass with a vegetarian diet? What enables this?

You can still combine certain carbs to form proteins. Proteins are made up of Amino Acids, Carbs have amino acids. Get the right combination and you can form proteins

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    its weird that u say that, cause i thought of that too. genetics is my guess...

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    lol...

"that gorilla has got great genetics"

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    You can still combine certain carbs to form proteins. Proteins are made up of Amino Acids, Carbs have amino acids. Get the right combination and you can form proteins
    carbs have amino acids...lol no they dont, they dont even have nitrogen in them ie glucose C6H12O6

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Same thing with cows, they can pack on all that beef just eating grass!

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    maybe all the strongmen are blood type B...all gorillas are

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    King Kong is a big MoFo bro! What gear do you think he is on. I heard that certain veggies eaten together is like drinking winny.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    maybe all the strongmen are blood type B...all gorillas are
    imagine if you could gain sum good lean muscle mass by eating grass. Man that would be one cheap diet. You could just go mow the lawn on a Sundayt and you would have supplys to last the week.lol

lol...My uncles wife is genetic engineering or stem cell research she did impressive shit....i got a couple of ideas im suggesting to her...I wonder if theyll do that shit on me if i signed a release form releaving them from all legal issues

any1 have ne idea about the legalities of that shit in the states?? if it does work out..,i have this idea thatll basically turn me into a fvcking gorilla muwhahahaha

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Most vegetation, in addition to carbs, has some amino acids. In other words, protein. However, for humans, the amino acid profiles of most, if not all, vegetable sources of protein are woefully lacking in one or several essential amino acids. Essential simply means that we need them for protein synthesis but we do not produce them within our own bodies, and so we must ingest them in our food. Some vegetable combinations are complementary, one making up for what the other lacks. Beans and corn are a good example. There are a lot of people in Mexico and Central America who eat little else but beans and corn, and lime, of course, which is used to process the corn into masa for tortillas etc. In spite of this limited diet, you will see manual laborers and subsistence farmers who are quite lean and muscular. No, not muscular like a bodybuilder, but out of proportion to what we would expect from a vegetarian diet. Soybeans and rice are probably another one, I am guessing.

Anyway, obviously, if you look at a bull, who eats little else but grass, but still is massively muscled, it becomes apparent that the amino acid profiles in different foods meet the essential amino acid needs of different animals. We produce different enzymes and hormones and stuff, and are capable of producing different sets of amino acids within our bodies. A gorilla gets massively muscled because as an evolutionary development that ensures survival of the species, he has evolved into an animal that can get by quite satisfactorily on his mostly vegetarian diet. We evolved differently, as omnivores. Humans do best on a diet that contains some animal flesh and some vegetable foods. The amount of amino acids ingested is not as important as having sufficient amounts of EACH and EVERY essential amino acid, and the essential amino acids for different species are different. So don't go on that banana and flower and leaves diet just yet, and don't eat those grubs or caterpillars unless you just like the taste.

Now I am hungry... time to fix my breakfast. I think a good old fashioned Messkin breakfast... ostiones tuxpana, refried beans with bacon, cheese, and jalapenos, my special fried rice, and flour tortillas fried in butter. And full pulp orange juice with just a drap of gin in it. YUM! Wash it down with... hmmm... cafe au lait made with community city blend.

Love
    Anna

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Dude, they have always had the best AAS is in Africa.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What enables this?

The fact that it's a f*ckin' gorrila.

~SC~

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Hey, that's what I said! <with a bit more detail>

Love
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    carbs have amino acids...lol no they dont, they dont even have nitrogen in them ie glucose C6H12O6

I remember taking a nutrition class a couple of years ago with a professor that was a vegatarian. He ranted and raved how we didnt need to eat animal flesh for complete sources of protein. I remember him giving us a sheet that had the amino acid breakdown of a list of foods. Then as a homework assignment we had to mix and match foods that would equal a complete protein. Rice and beans is the only combo that comes to mind b/c its a common dish. I know that this is quite irrelevant due to being off topic regarding the Gorilla. But thought to throw it out there.

I even remember a thread going on in the Nutrition Forum about this about 2 months ago. I tried digging up that sheet but couldnt find it. I"m going to look again

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    I remember taking a nutrition class a couple of years ago with a professor that was a vegatarian. He ranted and raved how we didnt need to eat animal flesh for complete sources of protein. I remember him giving us a sheet that had the amino acid breakdown of a list of foods. Then as a homework assignment we had to mix and match foods that would equal a complete protein. Rice and beans is the only combo that comes to mind b/c its a common dish. I know that this is quite irrelevant due to being off topic regarding the Gorilla. But thought to throw it out there.

I even remember a thread going on in the Nutrition Forum about this about 2 months ago. I tried digging up that sheet but couldnt find it. I"m going to look again
    I think you might be talking at crossed purposes, Billy didn't say there were no aminos in vegetation, he said there were no aminos in carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I think you might be talking at crossed purposes, Billy didn't say there were no aminos in vegetation, he said there were no aminos in carbs.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're right!!! I just checked the way I worded my initial comment and see why he said that. Sometimes I get so into a topic where I dont even look up at the screen. I look at the key and type about 100 dam words a minute. I see where Billy was coming from now. I totally understand now.

Here's a link that shows some combos to form Complete Proteins:
    http://www.weightlossforall.com/prot...mbinations.htm

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    gorillas, wot about rhinos and elephants, those bastards are so big its not even funny, and all they eat is grass and leaves! Elephants laugh at 600lbs!
    Last edited by MASTER; 12-03-2005 at 11:49 AM.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Those animals are genetically engineered to pack on mass by what they eat. Humans can't. Anna and SwoleCat already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Those animals are genetically engineered to pack on mass by what they eat. Humans can't. Anna and SwoleCat already said that.
    Lol i didnt need them to tell me that, its pretty obvious. I was just pointing out that as far as vegetarians go, gorillas arent really anything special size wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    gorillas, wot about rhinos and elephants, those bastards are so big its not even funny, and all they eat is grass and leaves! Elephants laugh at 600lbs!
    lol I consume quite a bit of grass but not near as much as an elephant, this is what originally got me thinking about this, i figured that body builders could better relate to a gorilla thogh

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Ok ok ok you got a gorilla and a polar bear place your bets

who would win
    Last edited by Bryan2; 12-03-2005 at 04:51 PM.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    lol...My uncles wife is genetic engineering or stem cell research she did impressive shit....i got a couple of ideas im suggesting to her...I wonder if theyll do that shit on me if i signed a release form releaving them from all legal issues

lemme know if you need anyone else to experiment on!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Ok ok ok you gotts gorilla and a polar bear place yo bets

who would win
    Bodybuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Ok ok ok you gotts gorilla and a polar bear place yo bets

who would win
    A boar polar bear can get up to 1500 pnds and reach lengths of 10 ft., definately the polar bear if it took place on his turf....heres a cool clip, same kind of deal.... http://www.bigducky.com/funny_extrem..._alligator.htm
    (click on download at the bottom)

A boar polar bear can get up to 1500 pnds and reach lengths of 10 ft., definately the polar bear if it took place on his turf....heres a cool clip, same kind of deal.... http://www.bigducky.com/funny_extrem..._alligator.htm
    (click on download at the bottom)
    wow that alligator got owned big time!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    wow that alligator got owned big time!

Dude that was hot!!! Whoever said Nature was beautiful??!??!!?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    prolly cause GOD made them ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    prolly cause GOD made them ya'll
    Hallelujah!

decadbal is offline Banned
    tossin shit and drinkin your own urine can work wonders...

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

Thread Information