24labor is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone in college...hows your training going??

Well Finals week is next week and these past 2 weeks have been complete hell. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep b/c of loads of work and studying, my diet has been pretty good, but I've been streesed to the bone man. My workouts have been sub-par compared to a couple weeks ago. I was just seeing how everyone else in the boat I'm in is doing with their training and such

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im doin decent. I always find time to eat and train. What I have been doing, is taking my meals with me to the library to study. Training only takes a lil over an hour at the most, so I squeeze it in. I dont have class starting today and I have 2 finals tomorrow. Starting pretty soon here I'm going to start studying today for the entire day.

transform is offline Associate Member
    hard luck man. im repeating first year this year so im only doing 2 subjects (that i failed first time round) which amounts to 4 hours of lectures a week. its SOOO boring, but i got loads of time to workout whenever i want and spend lots of time cooking good meals. ah well, i guess repeating has a couple of benefits....

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    I feel your pain bro, for me sleep and training are definetly suffering, gotta have your priorities straight i guess, for me training has been priority up until now, but for these two weeks school is taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    I feel your pain bro, for me sleep and training are definetly suffering, gotta have your priorities straight i guess, for me training has been priority up until now, but for these two weeks school is taking over.
    Yea man school can be a problem. I can always get my workouts in, but I personally beleive that stress and stuff can hurt your workouts. It's like all these papers and tests the week before finals then finals week, wheres the logic in that how are you supposed to get ready for a test based on all the material of the year in less than a week

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    [I]Status: I had my first end-of-semester exam today at 9am. For it, i crammed til 4:00 am...went to bed by 4:30 am... I woke at 6 am...to be ready to meet my ride to school at 7 am. After the exam i came home... feeling unwell. I chilled for a bit and ate once. Napped for 1/2 hour then had a small snack and a redbull 'energy drink'. That being said, tonight's workout reflected the lack of sleep and piss poor eating.
    Just read Narks journal. That sucks

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Not bad.. taking tonight off from everything.. school, gym.. just gonna vegitate!
    within three days I have 6 finals next week
    but training has been ok.. im sitting so pretty I could bomb everything and still pass LOL

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm actually having great training. my university is pretty easy, and i procrastinate like hell. i have about 15 mini papers which are 1 page each. and i have to edit and redo 3 long papers which have to be 3 pages each. with studying for other classes. taken it one day at a time...

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Sleeping- maybe 4 hours

Eating- horribly (anything and everything in sight)

Training- remarkably well, considering my diet at the present moment.

School- stressful, but it's almost over. I have a presentation tomorrow, 3 major exams next week, and two ten page papers (I have only started one of them).

Good luck to everybody on their final exams and papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Sleeping- maybe 4 hours

Eating- horribly (anything and everything in sight)

Training- remarkably well, considering my diet at the present moment.

School- stressful, but it's almost over. I have a presentation tomorrow, 3 major exams next week, and two ten page papers (I have only started one of them).

Good luck to everybody on their final exams and papers.
    Good luck to you too bro

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    I'm feeling a little decline in my workouts, I think it's due to to much brain stress. It's almost over and we can all chill for a bit.

Good luck to everyone.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Its not so bad here...Its important to take it all in stride. I dont worry Im just mellow about everything..except for that time when that guy took my avatar...

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    I'm doing pretty well, actually. Even though it's finals week next week, I don't have any finals. I just have 2 tests on the last day of the semester which is this Friday. But I know a lot of people in your same boat. It'll be over before you know it and business as usual with resume. I must say though, my workouts have been sub-par lately and I'm not sure why although I'd guess it's because I've been spending a lot of time with my new girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    I'm doing pretty well, actually. Even though it's finals week next week, I don't have any finals. I just have 2 tests on the last day of the semester which is this Friday. But I know a lot of people in your same boat. It'll be over before you know it and business as usual with resume. I must say though, my workouts have been sub-par lately and I'm not sure why although I'd guess it's because I've been spending a lot of time with my new girlfriend.
    Yep the gf will do it to ya everytime...actually Im just jealous...Ive got some fat chick that likes me right now..why do I have to be such a nice guy???

copenhagen is offline Member
    training and dieting are going very good. i am a kinesiology major so every class i have benefits me in my training and nutrition, and i am actually excited about doing the homework because it is something that intrests me. plus most of the finals i am taking are projects like training programs, and 3 day dietary analysis.....Cmon man i can do that shat in my sleep! sorry to the bros that are having bad luck.

7f8
    7f8 is offline New Member
    Everything would be going fine if I havnt been sick of a week and lost my appetite the entire time. Real fun stuff. Only have one final in chem on the 19th and just a couple papers and projects that are due beforehand so nothing too bad. the hardest part is getting sleep and quality food.

Unoid is offline Member
    schoo ldoesn't hurt my training, having a girlfriend and worrying constantly to keep her and keep her happy is what depressed me enough not to hit the gym :-/

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    aaahhhhhh finals week i remember those times

chest6 is offline Banned
    yep..takin a lil break..i think ill go til like 5am..then go to sleep..wake up at 8am..pop another adderall and take exam 1 at 1130, pop an adderall at like 230 for my 3pm exam

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I have only hit the gym twice in the passed 4 weeks.
    It's basically going to be one or the other for now.

If i were you buddy, ide sit on this advice.

If you've got finals week, as do i, don't try to force yourself into the gym. Get your school work done with. That's your main piority. Not much help to your physical goals when you're getting a crappy workout between studying.
    -You'll be too exausted to work out well, and then ontop of that, you're already tired, so you're overe exhausting your body, and you have more of a chance of getting sick do to low immune system

The gym isn't going anywhere. So just gotta relax.

I'm pretty sure I haven't gone from "fab to flab" in 4 weeks. Just think of it as, "you are letting your body become well rested for a really big day at the gym... in couple weeks"

chest6 is offline Banned
    /> 1. while cutting
    2. during finals week
    weird eh?

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    my diet has gone to shit studying for finals i havent been to the gym in almost a wk.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have put my training on hold for now on. I just workout to maintain and my diet is crap. Havent had energy or time to focus on lifting this entire fall.

Yep training is going great.

Diet sloppy as hell as usual but eating tons of food.

oh yeah

Glad I took off a year before going to college.

Jakspro is offline Member
    My diet for the past month has been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHHATTTY due to stress of ending classes and well, pretty much because of a new GF... Not to mention that she wants me to spend every facking waking moment with her... AHHHH then finals are now, and i'm on Max LMG and should be putting alot more focus on my training and DEF. more time on my diet, but if i do the Fackin biatch GF wouldn't understand... Women... School... Fack

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    Just read Narks journal. That sucks
    I'm training but not eating nor sleeping.

Exams are til the 21st of this month.

It's a bitch

Props to all my Bros who are in college and fighting through.

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    Yea man school can be a problem. I can always get my workouts in, but I personally beleive that stress and stuff can hurt your workouts. It's like all these papers and tests the week before finals then finals week, wheres the logic in that how are you supposed to get ready for a test based on all the material of the year in less than a week

Man i think the idea is study during the semester as you get all the new material and then the study before your test is to revise or reinforce already learnt knowledge.

noone expects people to study a semesters worth of material in a week thats called cramming

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Dam!!! Why didnt I see this thread earlier???!!?! Oh thats right, FINALS WEEK!!!!!!

Gotta say I cant wait til its over. I dont know about you guys but I go full-time. Plus I bartend 5 nights a week and manage to train a couple of home clients then head to the gym for a couple more. That doesnt even include my training!!!

Diet is decent b/c I am the only person in college that carries a lunch to school. I kind of hide it in my car then sneak it in . I dont care whats in the way or on the agenda, I need my food!!

I gotta go bang out this paper fellas, ttyl
    Last edited by SPIKE; 12-07-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n4529359
    Man i think the idea is study during the semester as you get all the new material and then the study before your test is to revise or reinforce already learnt knowledge.

noone expects people to study a semesters worth of material in a week thats called cramming
    Most of my finals are over new material....

Quote Originally Posted by n4529359

not if some of your tests are not cumlative. So I have a test on say chapers 4-5 then for finals its just another test on chapter 6-7 in less than a week on top of the other tests now that sucks. plus for the ones that people have on friday before finals then having a test the following monday??? It's just this dumb ass school they make everything harder on purpose just because its penn state and that comes right from most of my teachers mouths word for word psu

chest6 is offline Banned
    one today was cumlative and I destroyed that shit. Other was was new material, like 200 pages of history and I demolished that too. Sorry for soundin gay but just feels good. Now I cant drive to cardio cuz the roads are icy . This is san marcos for crying out loud

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    one today was cumlative and I destroyed that shit. Other was was new material, like 200 pages of history and I demolished that too. Sorry for soundin gay but just feels good. Now I cant drive to cardio cuz the roads are icy . This is san marcos for crying out loud
    chest your a frshman right?

Jakspro is offline Member
    My final got cancled due to my school freezing over... And you'd think that would be great, but actually it sux cuz i was ready (From Cramming) and now i have to recram to make sure that i retain some sort of knowledge... Yea its not the best thing to do, but i can't change that right now... Def not worth it though maybe in spring it'll be different

chest6 is offline Banned
    chest your a frshman right?
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup.
    ah I remember when I used to bash gen ed classes, I still do but they were so easy and required no effort. BTW good job on those 2 tests hope to do the same tommorow

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I only had about 6.5 hours of sleep last night.. So my training wasnt very good tonight. I was very distracted too.. way to long in between sets.. sick of concentrating

chest6 is offline Banned
    dont got another exam til monday. Im just gonna sit around and get fat til then..HA! kidding. I do wanna do cardio today..but the ground is freeezing outside and its like 1/2 mile away. Might have to bundle up dammit

Thread Information