PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

Anyone who knows digital cameras?

I'm getting myself a digital camera. I noticed fuji film are amongst the better priced. I want to get one with at least 5.1 mega pixels. Does anyone know if this one is alright? or is it a peice of junk? I'm looking for something resonably priced...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...on=&langid=EN#

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    looks pretty good to me, it has audio capability in video mode, 3x optical zoom, maybe someone with a little more experience can chime in on this 1

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    just make sure you get a memory card!!!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I'm no expert but I wouldn't buy a 5.1 Megapixel, a year ago it would have been good but now it will be outdated in no time, I would aim for 8 if your budget will allow for it.

What I always do when I'm looking at buying some new electricals is buy some magazines on the subject, for instance when I was looking to buy a TV I bought 3 or 4 magazines, stuff like "What Home Cinema" and "AV Hobbiest" most of them have a section in the back that lists makes and models and scores them out of ten or whatever, I just look for products that get good scores in all of the magazines.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember when 3 Megapixel was the best. That was like a year and a half ago. I can't keep up with technology. I always buy SONY products.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ....My 5 megapixel is several years old and there are definitely higher resolution models out there. Unless you're looking for the lastest and greatest model, I have had excellent luck with my Canon Powershot S50....The menu is easy enough for my dumb@ss to figure out and if you can plug in a USB 2.0 cable, you can transfer the pics with no problem....
    I've been completely satisfied with any of the pics that I've taken and later printed out as an 8" x 10".....

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ....My 5 megapixel is several years old and there are definitely higher resolution models out there. Unless you're looking for the lastest and greatest model, I have had excellent luck with my Canon Powershot S50....The menu is easy enough for my dumb@ss to figure out and if you can plug in a USB 2.0 cable, you can transfer the pics with no problem....
    I've been completely satisfied with any of the pics that I've taken and later printed out as an 8" x 10".....

AG
    I've heard very good things about Canon digital cameras, when I get a new camera it'll be a Canon - I like the fact that you can get underwater housings for virtually all Canon cameras.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Canon is a much better brand

Figi might be better priced but not top of the line

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    cannon..
    sony...
    kodak ..
    and ofcourse one of the best brands if not the best nikon expensive as tho...

redman9 is offline Junior Member
    looks ike a good camera! Take some good pic.

Zapp is offline Banned
    I've got a fuji digital camera. It's a FinePix A340. It's 4.0 mega pixels. You couldn't find a better camera for the price. Bought it last year on sale for around $150.00. I don't think you will be able to tell a difference from a 4mp to a 5mp. I would save my money and get one with a 3 or 4mp.

Thread Information