Would you do this for a hundred bucks?

My girls mother offered me a hundred bucks for this. They own a transmission shop, and they have all these transmission cases out back that they want to bring to this scrap metal place for $$$. Now check this out, each case weighs like 110 lbs or so, but before I load them onto the truck I have to flip them upside down and drain the water out of them. It's like 5 truckloads of transmission cases, it'll take me all day. She is probably going to make 1500-2g's off these things, and she wants to pay me a hundred bucks for this ballbusting shit. My girl asked me if I would do it and I told her hell no, not for a hundred bucks. They need the money to pay backed bills and to pay for a phone book ad. I'm in a tight spot here, I'd like to help them out, but I recently went to an orthopedic doctor for knee problems and I have a severe case of tendonitis right now. I'm taking a shitload of anti inflammatory's for it. I'm not ****ing my knee up anymore than it already is ,and I'm sure as shit not doing it for a hundred bucks. Am I being unreasonable here?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hell f*ck no.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    My girls mother offered me a hundred bucks for this. They own a transmission shop, and they have all these transmission cases out back that they want to bring to this scrap metal place for $$$. Now check this out, each case weighs like 110 lbs or so, but before I load them onto the truck I have to flip them upside down and drain the water out of them. It's like 5 truckloads of transmission cases, it'll take me all day. She is probably going to make 1500-2g's off these things, and she wants to pay me a hundred bucks for this ballbusting shit. My girl asked me if I would do it and I told her hell no, not for a hundred bucks. They need the money to pay backed bills and to pay for a phone book ad. I'm in a tight spot here, I'd like to help them out, but I recently went to an orthopedic doctor for knee problems and I have a severe case of tendonitis right now. I'm taking a shitload of anti inflammatory's for it. I'm not ****ing my knee up anymore than it already is ,and I'm sure as shit not doing it for a hundred bucks. Am I being unreasonable here?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    No you aren't being unreasonable. I'd tell them no as well.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    It wouldnt be so bad if there were other people helping you but I'm assuming the job is solo? Not for 100 bucks shit shes make almost 2k she could up the dough a little

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well, it comes down to how much is your time worth???

to her, it's worth $100 for the day...

My employee's don't ask how much i am going to make off a $60,000 after i pay them.. they just care that i pay them..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

chest6 is offline Banned
    Shes makin the money, you're doing the work and getting 5%. Im with swole, hell no. For hardcore labor like that I would do it for no less than $700 or so honestly. I know she is your gf but yall need to have a chat about that.

tod682 is offline Associate Member
    for me the bills wouldnt matter, if u have a job then u will be paid within the next few days

Ask yourself, do u like ur GF, do u like her mother, do u think you will not be injured, are you the only one that is capable of doing this?

If the answer to any of these questions is no than dont do it. if the answer to all these question or maybe 3 of 4 is yes than do it

Quote Originally Posted by tod682
    for me the bills wouldnt matter, if u have a job then u will be paid within the next few days

Ask yourself, do u like ur GF, do u like her mother, do u think you will not be injured, are you the only one that is capable of doing this?

If the answer to any of these questions is no than dont do it. if the answer to all these question or maybe 3 of 4 is yes than do it

Good way of looking at it. If I did it it'd be more to help them out, but on the other hand they could be more reasonable w/ what they want to pay me for it. I hate it when people look at you and assume or say "He's a big guy, it'll be easy for him, he'll do it" just because we as bodybuilders are more capable of something than others, it doesnt mean its easy work. I get so sick of that ****ing shit, especially when i used to do construction. Thats all I ever heard. I wanted to reply w/"Well if I can do more and carry more then pay me more you jew sacks of shit"

Quote Originally Posted by tod682

that's a good point... injury during the job.. is she going to pay the medical??

probably not..

and if you try to sue her for injury, you'd lose because you were not an employee, you were contracted.. thus the burden is on you to provide insurance.

I bet she spends $100 month on her daughters hair.. or a pair of shoes..

just so you know where you stand

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ...when you say truckload, what size truck are you referring to....and do they have an engine hoist or chainfall you can use..
    ..also, even though you're not the generator of the oily crap you're going to drain out of them, who's going to be responsible/liable for the crud you dump out of them?

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    wayyyy too cheap for that mate,gonna be an ass of a day and id want more than a measly $100!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    At least 10% is getting closer to fair, they would pay someone else alot more to move them (most scrap yards will pick up the stuff and take it out of the amount or send a roll off truck)
    p.s. take it from someone who knows, yellow pages will wait a long ass time to collect their money
    1. rent
    2. power/light
    3. phone These are what get paid first (employees if you can't do all of the work)

What would happen, God forbid, if you did the 'honorable" thing and did do it, but really f*cked your knee, your back, etc etc.

No amount of cash is worth that, and most definitely not $100.

I'd say, "you know I'd do it for free actually, but my knee is so messed up and I'm on medication that I really cannot risk it".

~SC~

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Just me personally i would get 4 or 5 friends and tell her to buy us dinner and just get it done in a couple of hours..Thats if i really liked my girl, and i'm a suckass lol..but if her parents are in a tight spot and need the money for bills i'd do them the favor and hope karma pays off lol..call some of your buddies, or brother cousins, and then go out and get a nice dinner afterwards

I'd do it if I could have a threesome w/the girl and the Mom.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    That would depend on the mom

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    It does not matter if she is making $100,000 she made an offer of $100 you can take it or leave it.. If you want more tell her you cannot work that hard all day for $100 and name your price.. It sounds like they don't have much choice but to pay because finding some sucker... erm.. ummm.. person to work that hard is going to be next to impossible.

Don't do it for your girlfriend because we all know where being a nice guy gets you on this stuff.

I would say pay $100 each to you and a few friends and like noted above get it done in a few hours and all will be happy..

You may try to work Sex in their some how and make us all proud.

Oldman

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Not if it's for health reason, but if its because it's only a 100.. buck then do it

Money is power.

Girls are a dime a dozen.

~SC~

nah, my mind is made up ,I'm not doing that shit. She can be mad at me if she wants, but the way I look at it it's not even 100 bucks, its more like 50 b/ you can subtract 50 right off the top for a visit to the chiropractor the next day

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    $100 to risk an injury hmmmmmmmmnmmm FVCK NO! Just say you have bad knees, end of converstaion. I mean its not like your helping them move some furniture around or something. What they're asking from you is SERIOUS work!

chest6 is offline Banned
    good choice. I would cry if I couldn't work legs for 2months

call the junk yard that you were going to take it to..

find out how much they would charge to come and pick it up..

then go to the mom, and suggest 60% of that cost..

then pay some buds (or day labor) to do the job.. hey, someone has to go get some pop....

Rules

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    $300 is fair payment for that if they are making over $1200 just for scrap.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    NEVER NEVER NEVER
    the only time i will be ever lifting anything is at the gym lol......
    specially for hundred bucks its like spit in the face tell her and her mum to go jump

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    I'd go with a big NO on that one...

Schwarz is offline Member
    Hell fVck no! I wouldn't do it for less than $200 and 15-20% of the takings....and even then with a busted knee I wouldn't risk it. Tell ur gf mum to do it herself and if she complains then say you'll do it when her daughter bends over and lets you ram your hard c*ck up her a$$ just like she's trying to do to you now!!

I can't stand it when ppl see a big guy and assume that all he's good for is heavy manual work and then think your so dumb that you'll accept peanuts for wages!!!!!!

S

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    100 bucks cash for one days work..........i would do it....guess i am greedy....ive done cash jobs alot for cash......and yes i keep track and send good ole uncle sam his cut at the end of the year.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Well, if my girls dad was in a bind (her mom isnt in the picture at all), i'd help in a sec. For free. But, im also young and pretty healthy. Her dad is wicked cool, he's been training 35+ years (all natural he says, but still massive). She trains a ton too, thats how I met her.

I'd say do it for nothing, or dont do it at all.

But, im also big ass country boy, and i've helped more than one gf's dad bail his hay and till his fields for nothing. Hows that for redneck

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    id do it for 20 bucks..

jk 300-400 sounds more reasonable.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    id do it for 250 like what eles u got to do

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    She would pay a whole lot more if she had to hire people to do it for her....... so I say NO WAY!!!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hell f*ck no.

~SC~
    LMFAO.. love your brutal honesty... and totally agree

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    She would pay a whole lot more if she had to hire people to do it for her....... so I say NO WAY!!!
    thats a very good point, think bout that ss

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    thats terrible pay. it sounds like she thinks she can offer you fuk all just cause you're dating her daughter. it's their problem, their respondsiblity, not yours. and if they don't understand that it would put your health in jeopardy then I wouldn't want to help those kind of people if I was 100% healthy anyway. don't lose any sleep over it.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think you're being unreasonable at all, BUT if they are in some serious money problems (which kinda sounds like they are at very least behind a bit), id do it for $100 just to help them get back on their feet. but only if i was able. which seems you may not be..? If it was me, id probably take the $100, ask some friends to help, beer/pizza on me, to help the family out.

so????????

did you do it???????//

Rules

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Take the hundred, then pay some kid 50.00 to do it for you :O)

Thread Information